Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon wheel repair recommendations

Options
  • 15-09-2020 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Recently discovered a crack in a pair of carbon wheels I have, any recommendations as to where best to send it for repair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

There have been a few threads about repairs to carbon rims, one about 6 weeks ago, I think.
    The general consensus seems to be that there are no reputable carbon repairers, who will take on repairs to carbon rims.
    The other thing is that there are few people out there, who are prepared to ride on a repaired carbon rim.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can carbon fairing on a Mavic Comic be repaired? Not cracked just glue has come loose in a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

If it's a cosmic with an aluminum rim then I imagine that's a non-structural and therefore non-risk repair

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭dahat

fat bloke wrote: »
    If it's a cosmic with an aluminum rim then I imagine that's a non-structural and therefore non-risk repair

Any idea of where to get it repaired? LBS can't help unfortunately. Or worth it even?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

dahat wrote: »
    Any idea of where to get it repaired? LBS can't help unfortunately. Or worth it even?

Can’t you glue it yourself with some 2 part epoxy? If it’s only cosmetic then I’d have a go at it myself if I was you

• Advertisement
Advertisement