Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[VISA UPDATE] Hosting Agreement and Stamp 4

Options
  • 15-09-2020 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, dear friends!

Can you give me a little help about Hosting Agreement here in Ireland? I have been working as a researcher, and by the end of my Hosting Agreement (Aug\21), I will have completed 2 years and 7 months on the job. Then, looking at the immigration website, I found that I will be eligible to apply for a Stamp 4 of two years of duration, but they do not provide any more information about how to do it or whether I need to have a new employment. So, can I apply for the Stamp 4 even if my employment bond with the university expires (that is, not having a full job at the time)? What do I need to provide? I also thought about going to the immigration office as soon as I complete 2 years (Feb\21), and ask to change to Stamp 4.

Anyway, I am a bit worried about whether I would have to leave the country as soon as my contract ends, cause it might take a few months to find a permanent lecturer position here. So knowing this will bring TONS of peace of mind!

Thank you in advance. Hope you all have a good week!
    Sorry if this is not the place to post it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paulinetmg

Sorry to revive an old thread, but can I ask if you managed to get your Stamp 4? And how did you have to go about it?

I'm now in a similar situation. I'm due to renew my Stamp 1 based on a hosting agreement, and I've now been here for over 2 years. I wanted to know if all I have to do is apply to renew my current Stamp 1 and it will automatically become a Stamp 4 , or if I have to actually apply for a change to Stamp 4. What it looks like is that you just renew and will be granted a Stamp 4 for 2 years, but this isn't really clear (especially with the new online system).

Thanks for any help! Cheers

Advertisement