Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entire Cabinet to self-isolate as Dáil adjourned

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭8-10

There was a full cabinet meeting this morning except ironically enough for Eamon Ryan who wasn`t physically present because of a family member having a suspected positive case of Covid-19.

Why is that ironic?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

What's that got to do with my question?

Absolutely nothing, dies it really matter we're he was speaking, it's generally mind numbing nonsense.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Michael Martin getting savaged on the RTE news now, it's painful to watch

Stuttering dope. He hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Allinall wrote: »
    Where did you see that they’re isolating?

Apologies restricting their movements, point remains where they all mixing together that they feel this is necessary?

I'm sure the Dail has pretty good video conferencing facilities so it's not required for them to be in the same room

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

[QUOTE=Dempo1;114622519]You just couldn't make this up, it's beyond astonishing and I suspect soon after this shambles of a road map was coming under intense scrutiny, Leo came up with a Cunning plan, let's all self isolate until the dust settles.

357 new cases, 3 deaths and the best they can come up with is level 2 and a bit for Dublin, its shocking. The road map is essentially nothing new actually it's nothing at all apert from. More incoherent nonsense.

I dispair at what's coming, there even putting Trump to shame with the ineptitude.[/QUOTE]

You could actually seeing as how you have just done exactly that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing, dies it really matter we're he was speaking, it's generally mind numbing nonsense.

Again, absolutely nothing to do with my question

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Again, absolutely nothing to do with my question

It's not all bad, beautiful day today

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

but who's going to drive the ship off the rocks

i hope they can still claim travel expenses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Hope he gets well soon.

Corona virus could happen to anyone. It doesn't discriminate.

Absolutely.

Some of the comments in here are pathetic almost glad Donnelly could have the virus. Just because he's a brutal politician doesn't mean he deserves to be possibly fighting for his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

RoryMac wrote: »
    Apologies restricting their movements, point remains where they all mixing together that they feel this is necessary?

I'm sure the Dail has pretty good video conferencing facilities so it's not required for them to be in the same room

They weren’t mixing together.

Hence they only need to restrict their movements, rather than self isolate.

It’s exactly as it should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Everything this Gov has done over the last few months has been amateurish & the FF goons have been at the forefront of most f*ck ups.

I’ve said on other threads that they are done as a party & the polls are showing their support falling substantially- the party won’t exist in 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Absolutely.

Some of the comments in here are pathetic almost glad Donnelly could have the virus. Just because he's a brutal politician doesn't mean he deserves to be possibly fighting for his life.

Bit of a stretch to say he's possibly fighting for his life.

I'm certainly not glad he may have it and I'd imagine right now he's more worried about his political life than his actual life

Everything this Gov has done over the last few months has been amateurish & the FF goons have been at the forefront of most f*ck ups.

I’ve said on other threads that they are done as a party & the polls are showing their support falling substantially- the party won’t exist in 5 years

What are you basing your last sentence on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Was MM actually in the studio?
    I thought he (and the rest of the cabinet)were self-isolating no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

And Leo and FG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Rate of growth is insane at the minute. I think it will be very hard not to end up back at the top level of restrictions.

Just thinking there, definitely the shift in Govt and almost instantaneous deterioration in the standard of messaging a big factor to where we are now. After that is was one thing after the next.

**** sake, so annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Sure we’re at level 2 stupidity, be grand.

What are you basing your last sentence on?

Falling support, age of the party’s voters, general inadequacy as they don’t fir anywhere in the political scene, crap performance & general unimpressive current team of candidates.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,535 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

we're seeing the result of golfgate and the "do what i say, not what i do" example from the government.

theyve lost the people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Shows how widespread it is becoming in Dublin. might be a good time to move Government elsewhere? Cork? Athlone?

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Rate of growth is insane at the minute. I think it will be very hard not to end up back at the top level of restrictions.

Just thinking there, definitely the shift in Govt and almost instantaneous deterioration in the standard of messaging a big factor to where we are now. After that is was one thing after the next.

**** sake, so annoyed.

I think the majority of the public accepted that the job was going to be very tough but I think they’d have been more understanding if the messaging has been clear, consistent & logical.

It has been none of these 3, ironically the last man in (Donnelly) has probably done more than anyone to kill off the party

And Leo and FG?

Are rising in the polls and are a beneficiary of the FF sh*tshow.

All they need to do is sit back & watch Donnelly continue to get his head caught in the bannister of the stairs while Martin stumbles over his words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 KillTheTories

This is it. The Irish government is going to fall apart. Dozens of TDS could be killed off. Even the taoiseach. We're ****ed as a country. Hope the pubs were worth it lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

sydthebeat wrote: »
    we're seeing the result of golfgate and the "do what i say, not what i do" example from the government.

theyve lost the people

i never once had any confidence in them they have presided over utter chaos, confusion and disaster after disaster:eek:

This is it. The Irish government is going to fall apart. Dozens of TDS could be killed off. Even the taoiseach. We're ****ed as a country. Hope the pubs were worth it lads.

WTAF? You're watching too much Gogglebox

WTAF?

So many of our politicians are in the most vulnerable age demographic. If it spread widely enough we could lose who knows how many. It's a scary time and I'm terrified tbh

Think you're getting a wee bit carried away

Think you're getting a wee bit carried away

I'm not I know how dangerous this situation is the whole things a ****ing disaster our icu could be swamped by the end of the month the way things are going I could barely sleep last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I'm not I know how dangerous this situation is the whole things a ****ing disaster our icu could be swamped by the end of the month the way things are going I could barely sleep last night.

Hot whiskey tonight and you will be grand. Stay off the cocaine also (is that is your tipple of choice).

• Advertisement

Hot whiskey tonight and you will be grand. Stay off the cocaine also (is that is your tipple of choice).

Classy I'm showing concern about the lives of our politicians and I get mocked. Do you realize what's at stake?

Advertisement