Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entire Cabinet to self-isolate as Dáil adjourned

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,716 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Allinall wrote: »
    Donnelly’s rest was negative. Just reported on RTE.

Carry on.
    Jesus that was some quick turnaround on the test!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Michael Martin getting savaged on the RTE news now, it's painful to watch
    Carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

gmisk wrote: »

Joe Duffy is going to be absolute gold tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Surely it wasn't necessary to publicise his illness or whatever, until he got a result.

And ringing the chief medical officer for advice. Donnelly is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Surely it wasn't necessary to publicise his illness or whatever, until he got a result.

It is odd that he needed to ring the CMO.

Surely he, as MFH, knows that if you have symptoms that you self isolate & get checked- you don’t need to double check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

It sets a good example. If in doubt, get tested, be open about it and ensure any colleagues are aware of it so that they can take precautions.

He talks to the CMO several times a day. Of course he's going to ask him for advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Allinall wrote: »
    Donnelly’s rest was negative.
    It must have been an IQ and decency test so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Donnelly should be sacked for ignoring the advice he expects everyone else to follow. Bunch of Muppets.

I've said this on other threads but just because someone has the virus, it doesn't mean they have been ignoring or breaching the advice/regulations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

maybe we could get seinn fein in to keep the seats warm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

kippy wrote: »
    I've said this on other threads but just because someone has the virus, it doesn't mean they have been ignoring or breaching the advice/regulations.

Except his lecturing of people and sanctimonious approach did so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

s1ippy wrote: »

Wow. There's a man who's clearly never had an actual job in the real world. (from 5:25)
    Q: "NPHET advised last Thursday about bringing in restrictions. Why did you not act on the Friday like you have previously, instead of waiting until today?"
    A:"Act quicker how? But sure the pubs weren't opening until the 21st. Today is plenty of notice, it doesn't make a difference".

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine if you've been 100% assured by the Government on the 8th that your business can open the 21st, you might want official notification as far as possible in advance that they're reneging on that. Given real world businesses have issue like staffing and stock to organise.

That's actually a quite disturbing lack of grasp on basic realities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Risteard81 wrote: »
    It must have been an IQ and decency test so.

Sure it was, why don't you run one for yourself. You never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Except his lecturing of people and sanctimonious approach did so.
    People need to be constantly reminded of good practices....
    Look. I ain't a fan of him either. But it's completely wrong to 'blame' anyone who catches the viruse and tell them they obviously didn't follow the restrictions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

MOH wrote: »
    Wow. There's a man who's clearly never had an actual job in the real world.
    Q: "NPHET advised last Thursday about bringing in restrictions. Why did you not act on the Friday like you have previously, instead of waiting until today?"
    A:"Act quicker how? But sure the pubs weren't opening until the 21st. Today is plenty of notice, it doesn't make a difference".

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine if you've been 100% assured by the Government on the 8th that your business can open the 21st, you might want official notification as far as possible in advance that they're reneging on that. Given real world businesses have issue like staffing and stock to organise.

That's actually a quite disturbing lack of grasp on basic realities.
    He's pond life - as is Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

Amirani wrote: »
    The Dail can't function without the Government present, it's pretty straightforward.

I wonder is the Dail wet bar open?:eek:

Peanuts are a substantial meal there

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Yes it's back open

Here you go

Give them a break

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Who was the second minister with a suspected case? (just heard it mentioned on Prime Time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,993 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

gmisk wrote: »

And some nurse with symptoms will be off work for a week or so (when he/she has a 2% chance of being positive).

I wonder did he maybe pay a few hundred euro out of his own pocket to get it fast tracked. And if he did, can he claim it as expenses?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Who was the second minister with a suspected case? (just heard it mentioned on Prime Time)

Think they got their knickers in a twist there? They meant Ronan Glynn I'd say.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

BPKS wrote: »
    And some nurse with symptoms will be off work for a week or so (when he/she has a 2% chance of being positive).

I wonder did he maybe pay a few hundred euro out of his own pocket to get it fast tracked. And if he did, can he claim it as expenses?!

You can be sure he didn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I think I read earlier that Eamon Ryan is isolating due to a family member having been in contact with someone who has Covid- or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Peanuts would be more a description of the clientele.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Thomas Byrne. See his Twitterl for updates
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0915/1165384-cabinet-isolation-covid/

Rumours that Eamonn Ryan is self isolating as a precaution due to contact with a known case

Is it acceptable for someone to turn up to a place of work when they have a cough? Do they need any other symptoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Is it acceptable for someone to turn up to a place of work when they have a cough? Do they need any other symptoms?

I wouldn't think so. There is a Yellow booklet printed by Gov that shows the distinctions between covid symptoms and flu symptoms. Either way I'd imagine a person should not.

Booklet below.
    https://www.communityworkireland.ie/covid-19-public-information-booklet/
    or here
    https://www.lenus.ie/handle/10147/627527

Flu season is really going to cause havoc. It will definitely lead to more tests taken and this will clog up the system on top of everything else.

Thomas Byrne's action shows Connelly in a bad light if he knew he had symptoms this morning before the briefing .

Also his test didn't take place as quickly by the look of it. Maybe it's a seniority thing which is understandable enough given his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,716 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thomas Byrne. See his Twitterl for updates
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0915/1165384-cabinet-isolation-covid/

Rumours that Eamonn Ryan is self isolating as a precaution due to contact with a known case
    The Eamon Ryan thing isn't a rumour I am pretty sure that was mentioned on the news, I think they said suspected rather than known though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

BPKS wrote: »

You are scraping the barrel looking for any way to critisise.

I had the test result in 29 hours a few days ago so you are talking baloney about a week off for a nurse.

He runs the most important department in the country at present and the whole cabinet were out until he got his result. Of course they are going to get it done ASAP and not in line with the 10s of thousands they are completing every week now.

Welcome to the real world.

Advertisement