Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Garage lighting question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Am I right in thinking that the "LED starter" is just used to make a connection (or: short) in old battens which have a place for a starter?

But since you bought LED battens, the LED tubes will work with no starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joey180sx

I was thinking something similar but in the description in the batten link it states you need tubes with starters to work in there battens.

They had tubes with no starters for sale and if a starter is not needed it make more sense to say one of these is required.

From batten link.

Easy and quick installation

These waterproof battens are easy to install. The installation is simple since the only tool you need is a screwdriver. These fixtures are compatible with LED tubes. Note that for this fixture a LED tube with starter is necessary. Switching to sustainable LED is possible regardless of budget.

Compatible with EM LED tubes

This fixture is not integrated with led-chip. Instead, with this fixture you can use your existing LED-tubes or new LED-tubes for an easy and fast installation and upgrade. This fixture is compatible with EM LED tubes and starter which you can find on this page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Zarco

Am I right in thinking that the "LED starter" is just used to make a connection (or: short) in old battens which have a place for a starter?

But since you bought LED battens, the LED tubes will work with no starter?

Sounds about right

Seems like a lot of trouble compared to a standard led batten, how do they compare

Advertisement