Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistakingly Told Buyer no Longer Proceeding with Purchase

Options
  • 15-09-2020 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

I’m told it’s not uncommon. But given the catalogue of complete mess ups throughout this whole process I don’t even know what to think anymore

My solicitor called yesterday to say buyer no longer wishes to proceed with purchase. This was following an email from buyer solicitor. A one liner apparently. Was due to sign myself this morning.

This was followed by an EA call an hour afterwards to request the buyers are let in to take measurements yesterday. I asked them what exactly was going on. Completely all over the place with mixed messages.

What followed was a flurry of crap between me, my solicitor and the EA. Only to be told that the buyers are as keen as mustard by the EA and they know nothing about the mixup by their solicitor. Came, took measurements yesterday. EA called after they took measurements to say everything seems normal from their side. Then repeatedly said ‘they’ll keep their finger on the pulse’. What fu*king horse **** talk. But expecting significant development in the next few days.

Solicitor rang again this morning. When I asked directly what was the reason for that mail and message yesterday he didn’t know. Only he had his suspicions I’m told. Would later in the week be ok to sign he says. The buyer solicitor has been so unreachable by the sound of everything Throughout this whole process

My solicitor says he has the signed contracts and the money has been ordered. If he has the contract there what’s stopping me from signing and why is it being dragged out further? Is the buyer hoping for elsewhere or what? Still no clearer on actual closing date.

So many mistakes in this process. Beyond unimaginable.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Forget about the EA I think.

Your solicitor needs to clarify with the buyers solicitor what is going on. This is what you're paying them for. As someone just about to sign you should be top of his list of priorities, so IMO he should be hounding the buyers solicitor for clarification.

There's nothing to stop you signing, contract doesn't mean anything until both sides sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

awec wrote: »
    Forget about the EA I think.

Your solicitor needs to clarify with the buyers solicitor what is going on. This is what you're paying them for. As someone just about to sign you should be top of his list of priorities, so IMO he should be hounding the buyers solicitor for clarification.

There's nothing to stop you signing, contract doesn't mean anything until both sides sign.

Thank you. I should have mentioned that the contracts are already signed by the buyer since Thursday and with my solicitor since Friday. Oh and the valuer only came on Friday.

A complete catalogue of lies or abnormalities. I don’t know.

Would it be wrong to pull out myself if we don’t have clarity from their solicitor tomorrow? Complete jokers.

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Jay D wrote: »
    Thank you. I should have mentioned that the contracts are already signed by the buyer since Thursday and with my solicitor since Friday. Oh and the valuer only came on Friday.

A complete catalogue of lies or abnormalities. I don’t know.

Would it be wrong to pull out myself if we don’t have clarity from their solicitor tomorrow? Complete jokers.

If they’ve signed and you’ve signed then you’re both committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Will it still be subject to finance etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Not necessarily; I would suspect that the purchaser's solicitor has passed the signed contract to the vendor's solicitor to hold effectively in escrow pending finalisation of approvals. This is an old practice which I abhor but it does exist. The fact that the valuation was undertaken after the physically signed contracts were returned enforces the fact that the purchaser's solicitor was nowhere near being in a position to complete.

Some solicitors even arrange for a contract signing before ethic have undertaken basic searches just to streamline their admin. Again, an idiotic practice, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Sounds like the “fu*king horse **** talk” is from your solicitor, not EA.

Advertisement