Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc or PLc

• 16-09-2020 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,
    I’m a 24 year old guy. I’m in a situation where I’m stuck between choosing either the leaving cert or a plc course. I want to pursue Electrical Engineering next year for third level.
    So, which one should I go for? I heard that with a LC, I have a higher probability of getting in to the course of my choice since there are more places than the PLc route.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

What sort of Electronic engineering...ie a level 8 degree, or a level 7 qualification or what are you looking at exactly?
    The PLC is the longer route probably, I am not quite sure how it would feed into electronic engineering....have you got a LC at all at the moment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you do the LC and get the required points, you will get on the course.

If you do PLC and get full distinctions, depending on demand for places you may still be only in with a chance of a place, it's not guaranteed.

LC, if you can get the marks, is the less complicated route.

Advertisement