Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to donate/recycle a bicycle in the City?

Options
  • 16-09-2020 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Basically just want to get rid of an old bike after getting a new one yesterday.

It's a bit rusty in parts and the gears tend to slip sometimes but I've been using it for 5 years without issue. Just have no idea what to do with it! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Basically just want to get rid of an old bike after getting a new one yesterday.

It's a bit rusty in parts and the gears tend to slip sometimes but I've been using it for 5 years without issue. Just have no idea what to do with it! :confused:

Advertise for free on adverts or marketplace. I got rid of a bike that way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Direct Provision centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

The recycling centre on the Kinsale Road is taking them on behalf of the Rotary Club who is refurbishing them and sending them to Africa, dropped my old MB out there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The bike shed in Deheneys Cross might take it.
    They get used bikes up and running again and sell them cheaply to students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Quickest way to shift is to leave in the middle of town. Somebody will whip it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

It's amazingly difficult to get rid of a bike, believe it or not. I tried all the charities and several secondhand bike shops to get rid of a reasonably good bike. I donated it to the Bikes for Gambia appeal today. Just take it yo the container in the Recycle Centre on the Kinsale Road as already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems like the Kinsale road place is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

Cork community bikes near the examiner office/tax office in Blackpool are incredible for saving bicycles

Matt runs it, there's a Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

I tried Cork Community Bikes and they told me they couldn't take it as they had storage issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

Wyldwood wrote: »
    I tried Cork Community Bikes and they told me they couldn't take it as they had storage issues.

Ah right, that's unfortunate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

seefin wrote: »
    Advertise for free on adverts or marketplace. I got rid of a bike that way

I did what you said and sold it 11 minutes after putting the ad up. lol

Cheers for the suggestion, it didn't even cross my mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

park it outside a shop it will be gone when you get out

Advertisement