Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong PRSI Class

Options
  • 16-09-2020 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hello,

Is it possible to change the PRSI class for a previous year?

My girlfriend has been working in a cafe in 2019 and we only now realised tha she was registered by the employer under J0 class rather than A. Now she wants to claim for maternity benefit and she's not eligible because she doesn't have enough contributions. Is there any way to change it back as it's the employer who put her in a wrong class? I presume she would have to pay the tax back? Is it even possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

kajzer wrote: »
    Hello,

Is it possible to change the PRSI class for a previous year?

My girlfriend has been working in a cafe in 2019 and we only now realised tha she was registered by the employer under J0 class rather than A. Now she wants to claim for maternity benefit and she's not eligible because she doesn't have enough contributions. Is there any way to change it back as it's the employer who put her in a wrong class? I presume she would have to pay the tax back? Is it even possible?

Contact SCOPE:-

Address:Gandon House, Amiens Street , Dublin
    Email:scope@welfare.ie
    Phone number:01 6732585

Advertisement