Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Recommendation Please

Options
  • 16-09-2020 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Our doctor retired a couple of years ago, and we were shifted automatically to My Cork GP. We are not at all happy with this practice (as my wife put it, it's essentially South Doc in hours), as you can never get consistent access to the same GP, their reception staff are rude and unhelpful, they are impossible to get a hold of on the phone and they are even harder to get an appointment with. That was before Covid even.

What we would like is a small GP where you can be guaranteed access to the same GP if possible. Our son has additional needs, so there is a real need to have this, we miss our old GP big time.

Can anyone recommend a GP practice? We are based in North Side, but are happy to travel a bit (our old GP was based in Douglas and Camden Quay, but we usually went to Douglas).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Hi there.

I'm sure there are good GPs in north side of city but I would go with Dr. Philip Cantillon or Dr Claire Gaughran if you want to travel to Douglas. They are both excellent GPs imo. Our family has used their surgery for > 12 years and found them fantastic and efficient. Phone (021) 489 5311. they also have a surgery in Carrigaline too.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

If you are on the Northside there are a few GP's operating out of st Mary's primary care center. It's brand new, no trouble parking and the GP's there are taking on patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

RINO87 wrote: »
    If you are on the Northside there are a few GP's operating out of st Mary's primary care center. It's brand new, no trouble parking and the GP's there are taking on patients.

That's where our gp is and has all the issues I mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

dulpit wrote: »
    That's where our gp is and has all the issues I mentioned.

Sorry to hear that. Our GP up there is a one doctor practice. the only time we don't get him is when he is on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Knights Hill Medical Centre in Mayfield - my own Doctor is not taking on any more patients but there are other doctors in the practice - one of them Dr Nicholas O’ Keeffe is a nice man and there’s another doctor there too Dr Aaron Calvin - maybe try them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement