Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaining to IBAS

Options
  • 16-09-2020 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I have an issue with William Hill regarding bets placed online and have escalated to IBAS after going nowhere through WH's normal customer service route. I received a response from IBAS saying they dont think they can deal with complaints from non-UK customers.

Does anyone know if this is correct? Surely IBAS have the ability to review given that the bets were placed on the UK website?

If not, does anyone know an alternative route to go to follow up on this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I have an issue with William Hill regarding bets placed online and have escalated to IBAS after going nowhere through WH's normal customer service route. I received a response from IBAS saying they dont think they can deal with complaints from non-UK customers.

Does anyone know if this is correct? Surely IBAS have the ability to review given that the bets were placed on the UK website?

If not, does anyone know an alternative route to go to follow up on this? Thanks.

That's deffo not true.
    I know of 2 guys in Ireland who went through IBAS and got sorted in their favour.

Why did they say "they dont think they can deal with complaints from non-UK customers", would guess the person who answered hadn't a clue of what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That's deffo not true.
    I know of 2 guys in Ireland who went through IBAS and got sorted in their favour.

Why did they say "they dont think they can deal with complaints from non-UK customers", would guess the person who answered hadn't a clue of what they were doing.

Thanks, that would have been my understanding aswell. As a user of the UK website which is within the scope of IBAS, it sounds like nonsense that IBAS would not be able to adjudicate on the issue because I'm based in Ireland.

I received the extract below where William Hill are arguing I'd need to go through a similar process with some regulatory body in Gibraltar. It feels like I'm being lead down the garden path a bit.

'On the matter of Jurisdiction William Hill’s website is Operated by WHG (International) Limited a business incorporated in Gibraltar. We hold multiple licences for our business and operations around the globe. nevertheless for the purposes of the query, customers located in Great Britain are regulated by the UKGC, whereas are international customer such as those registered in Ireland are regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner under licences RGL 034 & 042.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thanks, that would have been my understanding aswell. As a user of the UK website which is within the scope of IBAS, it sounds like nonsense that IBAS would not be able to adjudicate on the issue because I'm based in Ireland.

I received the extract below where William Hill are arguing I'd need to go through a similar process with some regulatory body in Gibraltar. It feels like I'm being lead down the garden path a bit.

'On the matter of Jurisdiction William Hill’s website is Operated by WHG (International) Limited a business incorporated in Gibraltar. We hold multiple licences for our business and operations around the globe. nevertheless for the purposes of the query, customers located in Great Britain are regulated by the UKGC, whereas are international customer such as those registered in Ireland are regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner under licences RGL 034 & 042.'

Just keep copies of everything that Hills send you.
    You will have to fill out a form with IBAS complaint and they will only take up the case after you have exhausted every avenue with Hills.

Advertisement