Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Struggling all week to pick 5 midfielders.

Money isn’t a problem.

Its 5 from the following 7 and I think this is my preferred order.

Son, Salah, Fernandes, Maddison, Lingard, Neto and Jota.

I probably should go with the first 3 and then choose 2 from Maddison, Lingard, Neto and Jota.

I’m the same, except I know I won’t be having Son, so 5 from the other 6. Think Neto will miss out unless I need to create funds for something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

First draft I chucked together. Somewhat spread to cover the likes of Alonso rotation. Attack similar to others. No city. Lack of bottom of the table battlers and Bruno after having him all season. Triple Liverpool also suspect perhaps. Maybe keeping Bruno over getting Salah could solve both but I've a feeling so might go with it. 5 survivors from my old team at the moment.

Johnstone Forster
    Alonso Shaw Digne TAA Lascelles
    Salah Son Lingard Jota Raphinha
    Kane Iheanacho Antonio

Alonso Digne TAA Iheanacho Antonio all could become someone else too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So are people that are wildcarding this week planning to BB next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So are people that are wildcarding this week planning to BB next week?
    I think I will. Too much can go wrong with any other plan I make in the meantime. Stuff can still go wrong with this plan too, but less time for things to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭skippy15

Struggling all week to pick 5 midfielders.

Money isn’t a problem.

Its 5 from the following 7 and I think this is my preferred order.

Son, Salah, Fernandes, Maddison, Lingard, Neto and Jota.

I probably should go with the first 3 and then choose 2 from Maddison, Lingard, Neto and Jota.

Why no love for Raphina, fixtures little tougher but as my 5th mid seems a shoe in. Think if Jota gets game time he could be 4th pick and prob worth the risk but a toss up between him and Madison,

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

First proper draft as follows; I've bench boost yet to play so that's why I'm holding Pope and have a strongish 15,

Mendy Pope
    Shaw Rudiger Philips Alonso Mendy (Punt on Alonso and an even bigger punt on Mendy)
    Bruno Salah Son Lingard Jota
    Kane Iheanacho Vydra

I have 0.0 left in the bank, I'd love to take a punt on Aguero or Sterling but will they outscore Salah and it might be just eating in my limited transfers remainding.

Son & Vydra will probably change to Raphinha & Bamford over the next 2 or 3 weeks.
    I was debating Periera for 1 week punt as a place holder for Son but don't think it's worth the risk. Cheers for any feed back folks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ros1234 wrote: »
    First proper draft as follows; I've bench boost yet to play so that's why I'm holding Pope and have a strongish 15,

Mendy Pope
    Shaw Rudiger Philips Alonso Mendy (Punt on Alonso and an even bigger punt on Mendy)
    Kane Iheanacho Vydra

I have 0.0 left in the bank, I'd love to take a punt on Aguero or Sterling but will they outscore Salah and it might be just eating in my limited transfers remainding.

Son & Vydra will probably change to Raphinha & Bamford over the next 2 or 3 weeks.
    I was debating Periera for 1 week punt as a place holder for Son but don't think it's worth the risk. Cheers for any feed back folks

Would you get in Forestor instead of Pope as GK to free up some funds? Southampton seem to be getting players back from injury and form in improving

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ros1234 wrote: »

Mendy Pope
    Kane Iheanacho Vydra

Similar to some of the teams I'm going with. I'd be hesitant on Alonso and Mendy if you want to fully avail of your BB. Because they might well not play in the week you use it. I'd also consider Forster (4.0) ahead of Pope, because he's a playing keeper for your BB who won't drain your funds. Other than that it looks good.

I'm currently on:

Mendy / Forster
    Reguilon / Fofana / Rudiger / Holding / Phillips
    Bruno / Salah / Sterling / Lingard / Jota
    Kane / Ihenacho / Welbeck

Likely move on Sterling to Son in 32. Welbeck has a good fixture in 33 when I'll be short of players.

Fofana is a player I'm not super sure on as he doesn't offer much attacking potential and is 5.0. I was thinking of getting Schmeichel in instead of Mendy and going with another Chelsea defender but there's a lot of rotation there. At least Fofana is nailed and has excellent fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

skippy15 wrote: »
    Why no love for Raphina, fixtures little tougher but as my 5th mid seems a shoe in. Think if Jota gets game time he could be 4th pick and prob worth the risk but a toss up between him and Madison,

I think Raphinha is a great pick. I’m contemplating including him but, despite his poor form, I don’t want to be without Son for the double. I’m thinking of going Phillips and Son for the next two and then switching to TAA and Raphinha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭munster87

Tinkering again, I now have both Vardy and Iheanacho. And Leno in goal...fixtures are good and 5.0 is not a bad price but...might not keep any clean sheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

munster87 wrote: »
    Tinkering again, I now have both Vardy and Iheanacho. And Leno in goal...fixtures are good and 5.0 is not a bad price but...might not keep any clean sheet!

I'm going Vydra, Nacho, Kane i think

Just can't get Vardy and Salah in

I’ve no City now, was going to keep Dias but I’m not bothered with Pep roulette from here on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Xander10

Can't afford them or don't see the value in them?

Current draft is
    Leno Forster
    Coady Coufal Phillips Shaw Rudiger
    Salah Jota Bruno Saka Lingard
    Kane Vardy Nacho

Will swap Son in for Lingard I think before the deadline, waiting for him to drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Leno is one mistake away from being dropped I would guess, he has been terrible.

• Advertisement

Ye Kane and Nacho seem the easy picks, and every WC I done tonight has Vydra in it, think i'm set on the same

skippy15 wrote: »

Suppose I’m shaking it up on my WC but I could easily rue selling Raphinha. I’ve only had him since GW 25 and haven’t been disappointed.

I’m not really afraid of those fixtures either as I believe playing ‘better’ teams can give you more space on the counter.

But I’ve already sold him for Lingard and he’d cost me 0.2m more to get back in now.

Definitely wouldn’t put anyone off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But I’ve already sold him for Lingard and he’d cost me 0.2m more to get back in now.

Definitely wouldn’t put anyone off him.

Let's hope it won't be about DCL moment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I’ve no City now, was going to keep Dias but I’m not bothered with Pep roulette from here on in.

Dias plays.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Let's hope it won't be about DCL moment

Ha.

**** me you’ve some memory.

I’d forgotten about that.

• Advertisement

Xander10 wrote: »
    Can't afford them or don't see the value in them?

Its Vardy OR Salah in every draft I have done.

Weakens too much to get both in

First draft of my template wildcard :-)

0.5m in the bank and BB in GW32.

Mendy | Forster

Fofana | TAA | Rudiger | Dallas | Dias

Neto | Salah | Jota | Bruno | Lingard

Wood | Kane | Iheanacho

As I typed it out I realized I could go with Phillips instead of TAA and then Son instead of Neto.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

For those not planning on BB, are you still going with a playing 15 or looking at a strong 11?

I'd normally aim for the strong 11, but it's been that kind of season where it feels a lot more risky than usual. I guess cash isn't so much of an issue for most, so maybe the super-cheapies aren't as appealing.

For me, I've had a ****e season and team value is poor, so this is my latest draft. 0.0 ITB.

Mendy, Forster
    Dias, Cresswell, Shaw, Phillips, Mitchell
    Salah, Fernandes, Jota, Lingard, Reed
    Kane, Aguero, Iheanacho

Aguero is a massive punt, but I've nothing to lose so why not? Could easily go for Vardy, or downgrade entirely and upgrade Reed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I’ve no bench boost left either. I’d love to get Aguero but he hasn’t shown a glimmer, just can’t justify it.

Mendy (Forster)
    TAA, Dias, Shaw, Rudiger (Mitchell)
    Salah, Bruno, Son, Lingard (Raphinia)
    Kane, Nacho (Vydra)

Trent is a bit of a punt, but was struggling to spend the money further up the field

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I’ve no bench boost left either. I’d love to get Aguero but he hasn’t shown a glimmer, just can’t justify it.

Mendy (Forster)
    TAA, Dias, Shaw, Rudiger (Mitchell)
    Salah, Bruno, Son, Lingard (Raphinia)
    Kane, Nacho (Vydra)

Trent is a bit of a punt, but was struggling to spend the money further up the field

I like it I've very similar team and seems strong balance, but have Jota in for Raphina, even after I talked up Raphina on last page, and Mitchell I'll have a 4.5m Def maybe holding ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Mendy -- Forster

Reguillon - Philips - Holding - Rudiger - Mitchell

Salah -- Jota --Sterling -- Bruno -- Raphinha

---- Nacho -- DCL -- Kane

Plan next week then is to downgrade Sterling to Sonny leaving me with 3 for the DGW. I will then look to ship Reguillon for GW33 as they blank. I could just go with Son now and save the transfer but I will see, Id like to have somebody for the Leeds game. Mitchell I don't really care about and will be upgrading one other defender with the left over cash after downgrading to Son. I might not go with Philips so as to leave a spot for TAA. Bit of tweaking to be done yet!

Starting to feel a FW line of Kane, Nacho, Vydra is asking for trouble. Likely two on bench by end of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Probably will hit the button today.

Current team
    Martinez, McCarthy
    Cresswell, Shaw, Dunk, Dallas, Dias
    Bruno, Jota, Son, Mount, Raphinha
    Bamford, Watkins, Kane

Early draft if I was to wildcard

Patricio, Forster
    Azpilicueta, Shaw, Dias, Phillips, TAA
    Bruno, Son, Jota, Mount, Neto
    Iheanacho, Richarlison, Kane

Honestly unsure about wildcarding at the moment but I think there enough changes to make. Would prefer Salah in but struggling to fit him in while keeping son for the double.

Any feedback on if this is worth it ? Would go Mendy over Patricio now and maybe Sterling over son with a cheaper taa option.

Any feedback on if this is worth it ? Would go Mendy over Patricio now and maybe Sterling over son with a cheaper taa option.

When else would you do it?

Team is fine, id leave Raphina though, Neto won't score big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sorry, haven't been paying attention but when are we looking at the next DGW? Not scheduled yet?

• Advertisement

When else would you do it?

Team is fine, id leave Raphina though, Neto won't score big

That's it I don't know when I will do it, team feels ok but this week is a bit of a problem.. would like to change Martinez, Watkins, maybe son ideally. Otherwise most players are doing okay.

I'd probably lose too much ground this week if I don't do it. I was thinking if I do , I could bring sterling in for one week as captain!

JPA wrote: »
    Sorry, haven't been paying attention but when are we looking at the next DGW? Not scheduled yet?

We know Spurs have a double in 32

Also

I don't think double Liverpool defence is a good strategy.... TAA has a high ceiling for sure but CS points are unlikely and the attack is misfiring regularly. I don't think he's worth it at that price tbh (I had him in initial draft but he's gone now)

I don't think double Liverpool defence is a good strategy.... TAA has a high ceiling for sure but CS points are unlikely and the attack is misfiring regularly. I don't think he's worth it at that price tbh (I had him in initial draft but he's gone now)

Phillips would be for the bench. A 4m playing defender is hard to find. But I agree I've gone off TAA idea.

I'm still at a crossroads over whether I should do the wildcard or not tbh. Afraid that I'm just doing it for the sake of it. I do need a few out, bamford, Dallas, dunk, Watkins, Martinez McCarthy to name a few so I guess that is worth it. Will hit tonight. If I sell a player of value, it then costs me more to get him back even on wildcard correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Phillips would be for the bench. A 4m playing defender is hard to find. But I agree I've gone off TAA idea.

I'm still at a crossroads over whether I should do the wildcard or not tbh. Afraid that I'm just doing it for the sake of it. I do need a few out, bamford, Dallas, dunk, Watkins, Martinez McCarthy to name a few so I guess that is worth it. Will hit tonight. If I sell a player of value, it then costs me more to get him back even on wildcard correct?

Hard to know what to to there, Dunk, Martine and McCarthy are issues. if Watkins didn't have a DGW he would be an issue. Would be included to keep Dallas.

Also I wouldn't be rushing to get rid of Bamford - although very unlikely to make the Euro's - should he end the season with 20 goals - Southgate would have to seriously consider him. He's also in the last 12 months of his contract - so will give him incentive to finish the season well.

Leeds also have some favourable games towards end of season, and the way they play - Leeds won't be worried about playing city, pool or United.

Pretty set on the below - any feedback on it

Forster - Schmicheal

Alonso, Philips, Rudiger, Shaw, Masuaku

Son, Fernandes, Salah, Jota, Mount

Vydra, Nacho, Kane

Hoping to target good Leicester/Chelsea fixtures

No TAA is an issue but might upgrade when swapping Son out.

Alonso is a risk but a fan risk, and hell likely play or not come on at all

1.2m in the bank, would Dias/Ederson be an option?

The inevitable 2nd draft...still not 100% happy with Spurs double up but it's hard to ignore that DGW and expecting Son to come back with a bang...

Mendy | Forster

Fofana | Phillips | Rudiger | Semedo | Dias

Son | Salah | Jota | Bruno | Lingard

Wood | Kane | Iheanacho

The inevitable 2nd draft...still not 100% happy with Spurs double up but it's hard to ignore that DGW and expecting Son to come back with a bang...

Mendy | Forster

Wood | Kane | Iheanacho

Looks good, all top 8 capable of double digits - a small possibility both your keepers are in the FA Cup final?

Forster/Schmeichal rotate lovely

Love the Wood pick, just cant stretch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If I sell a player of value, it then costs me more to get him back even on wildcard correct?

Yeah if you sell a player you have gained some value on and you decide you want him back it will cost you his current price not your selling price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mendy | Forster

Wood | Kane | Iheanacho

Drop Son*, small possibility he drops in price tonight, saving you 0.1.

* On the assumption you haven't owned him for a while.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Hard to know what to to there, Dunk, Martine and McCarthy are issues. if Watkins didn't have a DGW he would be an issue. Would be included to keep Dallas.

Also I wouldn't be rushing to get rid of Bamford - although very unlikely to make the Euro's - should he end the season with 20 goals - Southgate would have to seriously consider him. He's also in the last 12 months of his contract - so will give him incentive to finish the season well.

Leeds also have some favourable games towards end of season, and the way they play - Leeds won't be worried about playing city, pool or United.

Cheers ya, it's a classic dillemma, might not be needed but a good chance to make ground.

Current draft if I was to hit:

Forster, Mendy
    Azpi, Alonso, Dias, Shaw, Phillips
    Son, Fernandes, Jota, Lingard, Sterling
    Kane, Iheanacho, Davis

0.1 short of vydra for the 3rd forward spot in that one. Would make sterling Salah the week after and capt this week but I'd need to take a -4 and downgrade someone.....

Cheers ya, it's a classic dillemma, might not be needed but a good chance to make ground.

Current draft if I was to hit:

Forster, Mendy
    Azpi, Alonso, Dias, Shaw, Phillips
    Son, Fernandes, Jota, Lingard, Sterling
    Kane, Iheanacho, Davis

0.1 short of vydra for the 3rd forward spot in that one. Would make sterling Salah the week after and capt this week but I'd need to take a -4 and downgrade someone.....

And I've hit the button! Let the games begin. Just did son, Phillips, bamford to kick off to avoid price rises / drops and hopefully save 0.1 on son who's already fallen twice since I bought him.

I’ve finalised the wildcard and have a transfer plan up to 35. Yes I have Leno in goal but that’s irrelevant!
    I’ve kept KDB too but only for one week before a change to Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mendy Forester

Alonso TAA Rudiger Coady Dawson

Jota Son Bruno Lingard Neto

Vardy Ihenacho Kane

Plan is to bench boost next week - Alonso the biggest gamble in that sense but his upside is worth it I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Is Phillips a starter now for Pool or is it just for the short term while the champions league games are on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I've somehow ended up with a very thin midfield, need to keep tinkering

| Pope | Button |
    | Rudiger | Azpilicueta | TAA | Reguilon | Holding |
    | Salah | Foden | Lingard | Jota | Raphina |
    | Iheanacho | Ageurooooo | Kane |

0.1 in the bank

Notes
    - Reg and Kane for the double
    - Kun to Vardy ahead of the blank (I'm fine benching Foden in the blank @6.0)
    - Salah cap choice against Leeds and Newcastle next couple weeks
    - Probably wiser to swap Kun to a premium midfielder but FPL is meant to be fun :)

Edit: After looking at Leeds fixtures I swapped Lingard and Raph to Maddo and Reed and I think I'm happy enough
    Pressers will probably ruin any plans I had anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hi folks....

Have 2nd Wildcard,Free Hit and Bench Boost left to use.

Missed out on using Bench Boost in recent dbl gameweek as things were mental in work and didn’t realise it was a Friday deadline!:(

Hadn’t team changed and lost out on around 25 points that my planned team would have picked up.
    Would really appreciate thoughts on best way for me to maximise points return from being one of minority with 3 chips left to use.Am only 40 pts behind in main friends league so live to give it a shot...other lads have used their chips.
    Current team:
    Mendy Martinez
    Lowton Stones AWB Azpil Digne
    Bruno Son Bale lingard Gundogan
    Kane Bamford Calvert Lewin

Would ye Wildcard that team for this GW and bring in likes of Reguilon,Salah?
    And then Bench Boost in next GW?

Really appreciate anyone’s thoughts if they were in my shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Is Phillips a starter now for Pool or is it just for the short term while the champions league games are on?

He’s a starter, at least until Henderson returns.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Drop Son*, small possibility he drops in price tonight, saving you 0.1.

* On the assumption you haven't owned him for a while.

Cheers....it looks like Son didn't fall in the end but thanks for the heads up anyway as I would have missed it.

I popped in Mahrez as a random placeholder and now thinking of leaving him in for this GW.....is that just a waste of a transfer? Or is Mahrez (or Gundog/Foden) worth the risk as a short term punt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cheers....it looks like Son didn't fall in the end but thanks for the heads up anyway as I would have missed it.

I popped in Mahrez as a random placeholder and now thinking of leaving him in for this GW.....is that just a waste of a transfer? Or is Mahrez (or Gundog/Foden) worth the risk as a short term punt??

I think if going for a cheap City midfielder, Torres is your man. Mahrez will likely be handed a breather ahead of the Dortmund game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement