Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

F1ngers wrote: »
    Dias plays.

Pep. So much easier to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Can I have my wildcard back please ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

munster87 wrote: »
    Pep. So much easier to avoid.

Pep, he's a lying fupper.
    Got rid of Dias myself, but I am surprised though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Transferred out Dallas on the wildcard too - Next season I'm not using my wildcards or playing any of my chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think if going for a cheap City midfielder, Torres is your man. Mahrez will likely be handed a breather ahead of the Dortmund game.

When your good, your good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    When your good, your good...

Got Sterling instead of him of course because he’s the “premium pick”. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Think its time to wildcard. Long way till cut off friday.

Early looks. I want Leicester Arsenal Liverpool for the final 8 games. 3 teams i think with the best run in. Only Man City player Ill get is Ederson only person i see playing every game

first attempt

Martinez Ederson
    TAA Dawson Rudiger Dallas Holding
    Maddison Salah Lingard Jota Raphinha
    Nacho Lacazette Kane

any feedback be great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

but1er wrote: »
    Think its time to wildcard. Long way till cut off friday.

Early looks. I want Leicester Arsenal Liverpool for the final 8 games. 3 teams i think with the best run in. Only Man City player Ill get is Ederson only person i see playing every game

first attempt

Martinez Ederson
    TAA Dawson Rudiger Dallas Holding
    Maddison Salah Lingard Jota Raphinha
    Nacho Lacazette Kane

any feedback be great

Aee you planning to BB soon as well? A lot of money on the bench each week if not

Aee you planning to BB soon as well? A lot of money on the bench each week if not

nope but i dont see who I'm downgrading to upgrade? the big money hitters KDB Bruno not great run ins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

nope but i dont see who I'm downgrading to upgrade? the big money hitters KDB Bruno not great run ins

Just giving yourself selection headaches each week is what I meant. Too much spent on GK anyways, why not get Forestor in for one of them so you have a playing backup and some cash itb for upgrades/injuries. I know Ederson is missing a GW but you'll be annoyed by one or the other on the bench most weeks and its a waste of a transfer to sell a GK imo.

I'd have Son in for DGW at least and not sure I'd go without Bruno either

• Advertisement

Just giving yourself selection headaches each week is what I meant. Too much spent on GK anyways, why not get Forestor in for one of them so you have a playing backup and some cash itb for upgrades/injuries. I know Ederson is missing a GW but you'll be annoyed by one or the other on the bench most weeks and its a waste of a transfer to sell a GK imo.

I'd have Son in for DGW at least and not sure I'd go without Bruno either

yeah solid argument on the GK front. Feel bad on Martinez hes been with me all season. Surely Uniteds flips flops on for the rest of the season and are only worried about thursday?

yeah solid argument on the GK front. Feel bad on Martinez hes been with me all season. Surely Uniteds flips flops on for the rest of the season and are only worried about thursday?

Bruno ownership in top 10k is near 86% - so basically your banking on him blanking every week - because any double digit score is going to be rank killer for you - that's basically any soft penalty scored or assist.

Son is at 55% has DGW, and they have great fixtures.

Leicester are in free fall and who knows how their season is going - they are being chased down hard by 3/4 teams and bottled top 4 last season - Nacho is cheap, on form and not really any other option so keep him for sure. Madison on the other hand is taking up a valuable midfield spot - Is it worth having both of them?

Arsenal's form in league will depend how they get on in Europe imo, The longer they stay in Europe - the double about their starting lines up and in turn the less appealing Laca is.

Granted you might be chasing someone down, but doing so without high owned players is very risk strategy. Why not look at players who aren't high owned.

Final point would be something i've mentioned before - on WC folk seem to be picking players from top half of table. While some players in bottom half have better form - Pereira with West Brom - 30 points in 2 games, cheap as chips and he's on every set piece.

Wolves have great fixtures - Traore could be worth a chance, ASM is live wire, Watkins has 2 in 2 and will have a DGW at some stage, Robinson has 3 goals in 2 games, Vydra has 2 in 2, Woods has 3 goals and 2 assists in last 4 games.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Bruno ownership in top 10k is near 86% - so basically your banking on him blanking every week - because any double digit score is going to be rank killer for you - that's basically any soft penalty scored or assist.

Son is at 55% has DGW, and they have great fixtures.

Leicester are in free fall and who knows how their season is going - they are being chased down hard by 3/4 teams and bottled top 4 last season - Nacho is cheap, on form and not really any other option so keep him for sure. Madison on the other hand is taking up a valuable midfield spot - Is it worth having both of them?

Arsenal's form in league will depend how they get on in Europe imo, The longer they stay in Europe - the double about their starting lines up and in turn the less appealing Laca is.

Granted you might be chasing someone down, but doing so without high owned players is very risk strategy. Why not look at players who aren't high owned.

Final point would be something i've mentioned before - on WC folk seem to be picking players from top half of table. While some players in bottom half have better form - Pereira with West Brom - 30 points in 2 games, cheap as chips and he's on every set piece.

Wolves have great fixtures - Traore could be worth a chance, ASM is live wire, Watkins has 2 in 2 and will have a DGW at some stage, Robinson has 3 goals in 2 games, Vydra has 2 in 2, Woods has 3 goals and 2 assists in last 4 games.

brilliant bit of info. ill relook tomorrow so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Wildcard active.
    Martinez, Forster
    Rudiger, Shaw, TAA, Dallas, Castagne
    Raphina, Salah, Bruno, Maddison, Lingard,
    Iheanacho, Watkins, Kane
    Not happy with the defence and may change Rudiger to Holding and Forster to Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Is this the week to do it? I was thinking of holding off to next week when all the fixtures will be out. Plus you’ve City and Spurs blanking which complicates things a bit.

Depends on how your team is looking for this week I suppose. I think I’m just about ok for gw33 although not especially confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Pulled the trigger last night,

Out:
    Targett
    Raphinha
    Bamford
    Jota
    Stones
    Wan-Bissaka
    Cancelo
    Lloris

In:
    Castagne
    Greenwood
    Watkins
    Pereira (West Brom)
    Alexander-Arnold
    Veltman
    Coady
    Patrício

I'm holding on to Kane despite the blank week and still have Bruno and Salah so there's potential to swap one of those for Son next week. Starting to have sellers remorse about Jota so by deadline he might be back in my team in place of Greenwood...

Pulled the trigger last night,

Out:
    Targett
    Raphinha
    Bamford
    Jota
    Stones
    Wan-Bissaka
    Cancelo
    Lloris

In:
    Castagne
    Greenwood
    Watkins
    Pereira (West Brom)
    Alexander-Arnold
    Veltman
    Coady
    Patrício

I'm holding on to Kane despite the blank week and still have Bruno and Salah so there's potential to swap one of those for Son next week. Starting to have sellers remorse about Jota so by deadline he might be back in my team in place of Greenwood...

Yeah Jota seems ok and Kane looks likely to miss the Carabao Cup Final(source Ben Dinnery)

patmac wrote: »
    Wildcard active.
    Martinez, Forster
    Raphina, Salah, Bruno, Maddison, Lingard,
    Iheanacho, Watkins, Kane
    Not happy with the defence and may change Rudiger to Holding and Forster to Sanchez.
    Gone with:

Martinez, Forster
    Jota, Salah, Bruno, Siggy, Lingard,
    Iheanacho, Watkins, Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My wildcard team,
    Martinez, Guaita
    TAA, Digne, Shaw, Ridiger, Dallas
    Salah, Bruno, Rodriguez, Lingard, Jota
    Calveet-Lewin, Iheanacho, Watkins.

Anyone else wildcarding this week? Seems like the week to do it if you are still holding the chip.

I haven’t given it much thought yet but Everton, Villa and Zaha seem like obvious places to start with an extra game each and reasonable fixtures. Maybe Southampton too but I don’t have confidence in any of their players to score well.

• Advertisement

JPup wrote: »
    Anyone else wildcarding this week? Seems like the week to do it if you are still holding the chip.

I haven’t given it much thought yet but Everton, Villa and Zaha seem like obvious places to start with an extra game each and reasonable fixtures. Maybe Southampton too but I don’t have confidence in any of their players to score well.

Yea have been looking at it there - thinking of getting double palace defence, and maybe switching Siggy out for JWP - but will see how Siggy gets on this weekend.

Might take a left side punt on Benteke - he's returning reasonable well the last few weeks for 5.5m, has DGW and also plays in GW36.

Will probably stick with Kane, Son and Salah for 35, and bench Bruno, Nacho for 36.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I have 8 for the double so I’m actually contemplating to play it next week and loading up 11 for the Blank.
    Not decided exactly how to play it yet.

So who would be the must have's if using WC for next GW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I am wildcarding this week and have a free hit for the following week and its not easy. None of the teams in the doubles are overly appealing.

POKERKING wrote: »
    I am wildcarding this week and have a free hit for the following week and its not easy. None of the teams in the doubles are overly appealing.

All change now. Liverpool and United both in the mix for doubles and no blank. Wildcard not worth as much now since a lot of people already have 4/5 from those teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

All change now. Liverpool and United both in the mix for doubles and no blank. Wildcard not worth as much now since a lot of people already have 4/5 from those teams.

Yeah its made a mess of my masterplan...fk sake!!

Work to be done on my strategy, deliberately saving my chips to take advantage of end of season carnage has cost me. I have three chips left inc bench boost, i still have an advantage but its not near as strong as i would have hoped.

Currently on this:

Guaita
    Castagne Maguire TAA
    Jota Salah Bruno Zaha
    DCL Watkins Icheanacho

Subs: Meslier Ward-Prowse Ward Digne

Any thoughts?

I've 4 from Leicester and Man United so will need to make a transfer next week. Would like to have 5/6 for this week of course, but then that's a guaranteed -4 to start with next week which doesn't seem smart.

I'd like to take a punt on Cavani. He looked sharp last night. But he blanks next week and who knows who many minutes he will play across the 3 games. Is he worth the risk?

Jota is a rotation risk too and his form has tailed off a bit. Could switch him before the deadline. Maybe to Siggy?

Yea Cavani is the form player for United and will probably get 180 mins across the 3 games. I just couldn't figure out a way to get him in, without having additional issues for next GW. I'm currently on

Guaita
    Ward, Lindelof, Kabak
    Bale, Son, Bruno, Salah, Greenwood
    Kane, Nacho

Button, Phillips, Struijk, Davis

Phillips and Struijk will have games in 36, and if needs be Davis may get me a point, and so with 1 FT i should be able to get 11. I'm not sold on Greenwood yet though, him playing for 90 mins last night didn't help the situation, i think you want the United striker who plays against Villa in your team most, but don't know who that's likely to be.

Bale/Son are both form players at the moment, and still reckon Spurs have outside shot at top 4. Kane i would sell other than cost to much to get back and high ownership - plus with Son/Bale good chance that Kane gets some returns. All 3 set me up then for rest of season with their fixtures.

Interesting! Only 4 overlapping players from our first 11.

Keeping Son and Kane is interesting. Too late for me to start opening up my thinking to that extent!

• Advertisement

Interesting! Only 4 overlapping players from our first 11.

Keeping Son and Kane is interesting. Too late for me to start opening up my thinking to that extent!

I had thought about JWP as he's on penalties (if Ings out) and all set plays, score in both games of their last DGW and has a game in 36.

Greenwood getting 90 mins last night is now putting me off him, but i think that if you knew both players would get two full games in full strength teams, you'd pick Greenwood - but just had to know. Read that James was ruled out of the Roma game - so that's one less attack mind player to worry about taking Greenwood's starting spot v Villa.

Happy enough with the rest of the team though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Checking in here have had a piss poor season but still in the running in a h2h league which goes to knockout after gw35. Have tried to strategically keep my chips in hand for the last 3 weeks. So I've pulled the trigger on my wildcard with the intention of bench boosting 37 and free hitting 38. Brutal strategy for overall rank but haven't had much time to concentrate on fpl this year anyway.

Wildcard team is

Mendy pickford

Digne dallas taa shaw aurier

Salah lingard asm son Greenwood

Adams bamford dcl

Dallas will probably become a chelsea defender next week. Unsure on asm bamford and adams might switch around to raphina and wilson instead. Kind of just targeting fulham with adams but with no real conviction.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement