Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Green&Red wrote: »
    Fair enough, you're right Gus

Having said all that, Jesus could easily get a massive haul. Hopefully not :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Two of the best podcasts there with the Black Box and the new Lateriser one.

The other thing is we are all likely wild-carding due to a bad start - having 2 or 3 City assets is the best differential to make up ground. I am in agreement here.

Great fixtures for forwards over the next while - rather tempted by Werner/Jesus/Jimi and cover DCL with JRod

Agreed on that, very tempted to go KDB and Sterling for a week or two, triple up with Jesus next week before getting Salah back in

Salah just scares the sh!t out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I was nearly done and now the Chelsea keeper has been added....

Would you recommend:

A) Martinez & Robertson

or B) Mendy & VVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

As your 4.5m mid I'd consider either Anguissa from Fulham, who people are raving about after last week, although it was against Leeds. Or Olly Burke from SHU, OOP striker, although they have a million strikers.

I don't really like the Dunne pick, he's out when Mee or Tarko is back. But maybe you're short on cash.

I like the Wood pick

Yep, was looking at Anguissa too. He might be a better bet alright.
    Cash is the problem. Chasing a few 0.1's before the deadline but it likely won't be enough to afford upgrades. Son I'm thinking is a luxury i can't afford.

Yep, was looking at Anguissa too. He might be a better bet alright.
    Cash is the problem. Chasing a few 0.1's before the deadline but it likely won't be enough to afford upgrades. Son I'm thinking is a luxury i can't afford.

I've similar issues with Robbo + Grealish v Coleman + Son

I've a fancy for Grealish but you see last week what Son could do

Edit: Anything I say should be discarded, I'm sitting at 5.4m in the world, I didn't think numbers went this high

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »

Would you recommend:

A) Martinez & Robertson

or B) Mendy & VVD

Are you doubling up on the Chelsea defence? James is a gamble but he could be a better way into that defence. Robbo also seems to be very dangerous at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Would you recommend:

A) Martinez & Robertson

or B) Mendy & VVD

A because there is no guarantee Mendy will start against WBA, maybe wait for the press conference news. I dont think Kepa will play but Caballero(he played well last night) might play this weekend to allow Mendy time to settle in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers lads ...I'll probably stick with Marty and Robbo alright.

Money is tight and it's impossible to cover all the bases....I'm currently Werner-less as well so could be damaging if he explodes this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Usually don’t WC until during or after international break but when I started to tinker with my team I decided to hit the big red button:)

Appreciate people’s thoughts on this squad.

Martinez/ Ryan
    VVD Saiss Ward (CP) KWP Lamptey
    Salah,KDB, Son,Jamrod,Anguissa,
    Jimi, DCL,Bamford

2 keepers rotate well.....although maybe I should just go with Ryan and invest the .5 elsewhere?
    Lamptey injured but good potential for points.
    Saints had septic start but KWP should bring returns.
    Happy enough with MF.....
    Upfront Bamford will get returns for next while (I hope)....

Anyone see any weaknesses in squad?
    I got rid of Mitchell and Justin in case they lose their places...Werner after his blanks and poor play in first two games and Ings as Saints off form.

Appreciate any thoughts on team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Agreed on that, very tempted to go KDB and Sterling for a week or two, triple up with Jesus next week before getting Salah back in

Salah just scares the sh!t out of me

I suggested this a couple of days ago so hope i havent subconsciously planted the seed of a disaster.

I'm leaning back towards doing No Salah again now that I see a few more of you considering it. Quite the confirmation bias loop we have here! :D

Salah scares you too when you own and dont captain. As in when you dont C you're actually hoping he doesnt haul.

Leicester with no Ndidi for the weekend making the City overload even more tempting from the off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I have a similar issue.

My thinking is that Wolves have a great run of fixtures. I want my players to play all of them.
    • Jimi will play them all, Podence is one bad performance away from missing a game (and even then his career stats aren't amazing)
    • Even if they play the same minutes Jimi will outscore Podence
    • For that reason its likely Jimi/Foden over a Podence/9.5m for me

Yeah Podence isn't a Jimi replacement. But if you can get Podence as an upgrade for a 4.5 or 5m, he could be a great find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

West Brom have the biggest xGC in the first two games and have actually conceded seven. So I'm captaining Werner.

Lateriser talks about upside point chasing, thats the Werner to Jesus transfer next week IMO. Jesus just chugs along

On West Brom - are they that bad though? they played with 10 men for over 45 mins, and conceded 3, and in their first game they conceded two penalties - so in open play 11 v 11, they have only conceded 3 goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Would you recommend:

A) Martinez & Robertson

or B) Mendy & VVD

Tempted by him as well, as Chelsea should be better at the back and 5m is a decent way into that defence.

Might go VVD instead of Trent and then lets me go to Mendy instead of a 4.5m in a few weeks

Have the meat of my team confirmed. 8 (bold) are in to stay and play every week.

Guaita
    TAA, Robertson, Lampety James
    Salah, KDB, Son Podence Klich
    DCL, Ings

Unfortuantely that team is 0.5 over budget, so I need to downgrade one of the following:
    4.5 GK (Martinez) instead of Guaita
    4.5 Def (KWP) instead of James
    5m Mid (Soucek) instead of one of Podence/Klich

Thoughts?

Usually don’t WC until during or after international break but when I started to tinker with my team I decided to hit the big red button:)

Appreciate people’s thoughts on this squad.

Martinez/ Ryan
    VVD Saiss Ward (CP) KWP Lamptey
    Salah,KDB, Son,Jamrod,Anguissa,
    Jimi, DCL,Bamford

2 keepers rotate well.....although maybe I should just go with Ryan and invest the .5 elsewhere?
    Lamptey injured but good potential for points.
    Saints had septic start but KWP should bring returns.
    Happy enough with MF.....
    Upfront Bamford will get returns for next while (I hope)....

Anyone see any weaknesses in squad?
    I got rid of Mitchell and Justin in case they lose their places...Werner after his blanks and poor play in first two games and Ings as Saints off form.

Appreciate any thoughts on team.

You hit on it yourself but I’d downgrade a GK and get Robbo over VVD

Other than that good team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

On a wildcard and this is what I'm going with at the moment:

Martinez (Steer)

Lamptey James Castagne (Konsa, Dunne)

Salah De Bruyne Son Zaha (Burke)

Werner Richarlison Mitrovic

I was hoping I could get your opinions on whether ye would go for Rich, Mitrovic & Zaha (.2 ITB) as I have above or would ye favour Calvert-Lewin, Jimi & Podence (.1 ITB)?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah Podence isn't a Jimi replacement. But if you can get Podence as an upgrade for a 4.5 or 5m, he could be a great find

Wolves have great fixtures coming, no harm in doubling up on them plus if Jimmy scores there's a decent chance it will be Podence assisting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I've similar issues with Robbo + Grealish v Coleman + Son

I've a fancy for Grealish but you see last week what Son could do

Edit: Anything I say should be discarded, I'm sitting at 5.4m in the world, I didn't think numbers went this high

5.4m....brilliant. I'm 5.2m so I thought I'd had the worse start in here. Oy way is up for us both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

My biggest dilemma atm is do I downgrade TAA for VVD which will give me a better bench. Currently I have

Ryan
    TAA Saiss KWP
    Salah KDB Son Podence Zaha
    Ings DCL

Walton Lamptey Mitchell Brewster

If I get rid of TAA and get in VVD I can swap Brewster for Mitro. But then I have to either change from 352 to 343 and drop Podence for Mitro. Thoughts?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    5.4m....brilliant. I'm 5.2m so I thought I'd had the worse start in here. Oy way is up for us both

Jesus makes me feel bad for pulling the trigger at 4.3m.......

I haven't made a single team with Salah in it, despite the reason I am so low being the last minute decision to remove him from my team and captain Auba.

What does that say about me?

• Advertisement

On a wildcard and this is what I'm going with at the moment:

Martinez (Steer)

Lamptey James Castagne (Konsa, Dunne)

Salah De Bruyne Son Zaha (Burke)

Werner Richarlison Mitrovic

I was hoping I could get your opinions on whether ye would go for Rich, Mitrovic & Zaha (.2 ITB) as I have above or would ye favour Calvert-Lewin, Jimi & Podence (.1 ITB)?

Not even close for me, option 2

No Brewster in the Liverpool squad for anyone after the elusive 4.5m playing striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

No Brewster in the Liverpool squad for anyone after the elusive 4.5m playing striker
    Decided to try out a team with Brewster included to see what it would look like:
    Martinez Steer
    Robertson KWP Taylor Saiss Lamptey
    Salah KdB Podence Barnes Grealish
    Werner Jimi Brewster

With 0.5 itb. That's not a bad looking team at all at all.

Decided to try out a team with Brewster included to see what it would look like:
    Martinez Steer
    Werner Jimi Brewster

Looks very well but DCL looks like a great 7m striker at well. Went into the wildcard looking to get away from 2 premium forwards, looks like I'll end up with 2/3 after all that.

Great runs for Wolves, Everton, City and Chelsea

Martinez Steer
    Werner Jimi Brewster

That’s a lovely team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Martinez nyland
    Castagne Lewis kwp taylor lamptey
    Salah KDB James Podence Costa
    Jimenez dcl werner

Thoughts lads? Will bring in Vardy for werner next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have the meat of my team confirmed. 8 (bold) are in to stay and play every week.

Guaita
    DCL, Ings

Unfortuantely that team is 0.5 over budget, so I need to downgrade one of the following:

Thoughts?

The way I look at it is Klich is getting attacking returns in an attacking team and on penalties. Seems to be nailed too. Potential for a lot of 6 point weeks.

Podence has the potential for attacking returns somewhat OOP, but could be at rotation rush. Potential for 2 & 3 points generally. Also, those fixtures.

KWP doesn't seem to be in a CS team at the minute but is nailed to start. Could pick up cards so potential for 0, 1 & 2 point weeks with the odd 5 or 6.
    I own Podence but I may be switching back to Klich now after typing that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Ake & Son
    or
    Robertson & James?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

BoysNoize wrote: »
    Ake & Son
    or
    Robertson & James?

Robbo and JamRod has higher potential in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Guaita
    DCL, Ings

Thoughts?

Would you go Martinez, KWP/Taylor and Soucek and with an extra mil get in Jesus for ings? I like city’s fixtures and think he’ll play.
    I wish I was wildcarding reading about all these Scenarios!

Martinez Steer
    Werner Jimi Brewster

I'm leaning towards a Brewster team now as it looks like he is getting a move. It's a similar team to greedygoblin with all of the starting 11 in good form:

Martinez
    Robertson Sais James
    KDB Salah Son Barnes Foden
    DCL Jimenez

Subs - Lamptey Brewster Mitchell

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards a Brewster team now as it looks like he is getting a move. It's a similar team to greedygoblin with all of the starting 11 in good form:

Martinez
    Robertson Sais James
    KDB Salah Son Barnes Foden
    DCL Jimenez

Subs - Lamptey Brewster Mitchell

I am 0.5m short of that team - no idea where you are getting it from!:confused:

It's a case of having had lot of those players stored in the the squad before their 0.1 rises rather than having team value built up.

Are you sure? I have Mitchell in there as 4.0, maybe you have Taylor or Justin?

527393.PNG

FHFC wrote: »
    It's a case of having had lot of those players stored in the the squad before their 0.1 rises rather than having team value built up.

Yeah, I took that into account and could only find 0.4m from price rises

.2 DCL
    .1 James/Saiss

EDIT: Ah can see you got Son at 8.9

Cracking team

• Advertisement

Yeah, I took that into account and could only find 0.4m from price rises

.2 DCL
    .1 James/Saiss

EDIT: Ah can see you got Son at 8.9

Cracking team

I actually messed up with Son, I had him from the start and accidently sold him at 8.9 so didnt get his price rise back to 9.0. It doesnt effect the wc team though as I'm keeping him.

527393.PNG

I think about 7 of those players rose 0.1 this week. DCL rose 0.2.

If you are on wildcard you need to get as many of the rising players in your team as possible, not in an attempt to bank value by selling them out again, but to save 0.1 on as many of the guys you want to keep as possible.

It leads to sometimes having to make calls if you're not sure on your final team. I had Klitch, Salah, Podence, KDB and Son all in as potential final draft guys, so I couldn't catch Hamez rise. Now I'm probably more likely to go Hamez rather Klitch so cost myself 0.1 there.

Have stuck with this for a day now, barring any last minute press conference issues might be locked in - any thoughts

Martinez

Robbo, R James, Saiss Lamptey, Mitchell

KDB, Son, James R, Podence Angiussa

Jimenez, Werner, DCL

Bench - Steer, Lamptey, Mitchell, Angiussa

2.5m in the bank

Possible ways to use the 2.5m

Saiss to TAA
    DCL to Jesus
    Podence to Foden
    Matinez to Mendy

Hoping it will be James R to Pulisic when he is back fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Current draft (very similar to above now I look at it!)

Martinez Steer
    TAA James Saiss Lamptey Mitchell
    Salah KDB Podence Foden Burke
    DCL Werner Jiminez

Players I would also like are Son and/or Rodriguez. If Werner fails against WB, I’ll downgrade him to Mitrovic and upgrade Foden

thunderdog wrote: »

Martinez Steer
    DCL Werner Jiminez

Players I would also like are Son and/or Rodriguez. If Werner fails against WB, I’ll downgrade him to Mitrovic and upgrade Foden

Nice team, tempted by Jesus at all?

Or even taking a gamble on Mendy on the WC, assuming at worst he plays from next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Currently looking at

Martinez(4mil keeper)
    Ake Saiss Castnagne (Dallas/Dunne)
    Klich Mane KDB Hamaz (Joringho)
    Jimenez Werner DCL

Who's the best 4.5 Burnley defender? Taylor got the assist last week so catches the eye, but he tends to be a one assist a year type guy. Peters came on at RW where he played most of the Summer season, but can't see him staying there. Bardsley a more dependable option? Or Long for the set pieces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Some unconfirmed rumblings of a Jesus injury.

Delap at 4.5?

527393.PNG
    How do you get the next five fixtures to come up below? Is it the app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

What I think I'm going with this week. Take 50.

Ryan ( miazek)

Saiss James vvd ( Lamptey) (Dunne)

Salah Kdb Zaha ( klich) ( Podence)

Werner Jiminez Mitrovic

Think I'm going to settle with this now and stop chopping and changing.
    Id like either kane or son in and Jamrod but I think ill give werner the chance to explode this week again. Wolves fixtures look so favourable that podence and klich should rack up plenty of points too and lamptey can come in when it looks like he can raid or against non top 6 sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Current thinking:

Martinez, Ryan

Robbo, R James, Saiss, Mitchell, Lamptey

KDB, Salah, Son, Zaha, Foden

DCL, Mitro, Bamford

Glaring errors here for anyone? Only thought is Foden to Podence to have a bit of cash in the bank

This Jesus injury news has me a bit spooked

Might go last minute - which leaves no Chelsea cover at all

Podence/Werner (plan was Jesus next week)

to

Sterling/Mitro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

welchy wrote: »
    Current thinking:

Martinez, Ryan

Robbo, R James, Saiss, Mitchell, Lamptey

KDB, Salah, Son, Zaha, Foden

DCL, Mitro, Bamford

Glaring errors here for anyone? Only thought is Foden to Podence to have a bit of cash in the bank

I’d downgrade Foden. You will have to leave one of your 8 attackers on the bench each week (minimum 6m priced player)

Without money in the bank, your forward line offers no flexibility. There is no way to get Ings/Jimenez in without using 2 transfers, never mind the likes of Werner, Martial etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

thunderdog wrote: »

Martinez Steer
    DCL Werner Jiminez

If I was on WC I’d be going very similar to this. Almost identical. I just wouldn’t have Foden personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Who to start/bench......Mitchell or Lamptey? Any advice?

• Advertisement
Advertisement