Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for food/pints in Dublin City

Options
  • 16-09-2020 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any good recommendations for pubs or restaurants in the city that's good for a meal and some pints on Saturday.

Ideally somewhere that has vegetarian options.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

I think by Saturday Dublin will be in lockdown so no pubs or restaurants will be open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

O'Donohghues Suffolk street have street seating for outdoor food and pints. It seems to be run by Indians now so maybe some veg options?
    Ukikyo exchequer st street seating yum yum food
    Yamamori georges st celebrating 25 years no outdoor seating but they have a garden in their quays restuarant.
    More of a cafe herbstreet grand canal dock was a suntrap yesterday that some young one forgot her coat after her meal that the friendly staff returned it to her.
    Reasonable covid protocols in place in all of the above.
    Many more spots that I'm sure other boardsters will recommend to you.
    Otherwise there is always the takeaway option but remember to ALWAYS leave no trace and take your rubbish with you. The amount of empty wine bottles and pizza boxes left along the canal breaks my heart on my canal bank walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Payton wrote: »
    I think by Saturday Dublin will be in lockdown so no pubs or restaurants will be open

no this is not correct at all

Level 3 does not include a closing of Restaurants/Pubs with Food

And Dublin won't be on anything other than Level 3 with possible travel restrictions in and out of the country

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

no this is not correct at all

Level 3 does not include a closing of Restaurants/Pubs with Food

And Dublin won't be on anything other than Level 3 with possible travel restrictions in and out of the country

Level 3 includes additional restrictions on restaurants, which may include a ban on indoor dining.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Amirani wrote: »
    Level 3 includes additional restrictions on restaurants, which may include a ban on indoor dining.

I would be really pissed off if I was a restaurant owner. So many of them have put in great effort and expense to do things right. Is there any evidence whatsoever that any of the cases can be traced to an incidence of dining out in a restaurant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

spurious wrote: »
    Is there any evidence whatsoever that any of the cases can be traced to an incidence of dining out in a restaurant?

That's not the reasoning.

I would be really pissed off if I was a restaurant owner. So many of them have put in great effort and expense to do things right. Is there any evidence whatsoever that any of the cases can be traced to an incidence of dining out in a restaurant?

There's been a few outbreaks related to restaurants and pubs, but not many. But looking at outbreaks is fairly meaningless here.

Philip Nolan tweeted about this earlier. There's 40-50 cases per day in Dublin at the moment from community transmission - i.e. they're not able to identify where the spread happened. In public health terms, the only thing you can do in response to this is to remove opportunities for interaction between people, with restaurants being one.

https://twitter.com/President_MU/status/1306908075161518081

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Stay safe. Stay home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is this not what the tracker thing was supposed to help with, identifying where people's paths crossed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

FX Buckley's / Bull & Castle is good for both.

• Advertisement

Is this not what the tracker thing was supposed to help with, identifying where people's paths crossed?

It doesn't do GPS, so will never identify where people's paths crossed, only whether they did or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

Have a birthday this weekend, any suggestions on restaurants in Dub city? Thanks
    I see a few suggestions above but has anyone any other after this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Allinall

jams100 wrote: »
    Have a birthday this weekend, any suggestions on restaurants in Dub city? Thanks
    I see a few suggestions above but has anyone any other after this weekend?

You’ll be lucky to find anywhere open.

Only outdoor dining and a maximum of 15 people at any given time.

Can’t see it being viable for any business to operate under those restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jams100

Allinall wrote: »
    You’ll be lucky to find anywhere open.

Only outdoor dining and a maximum of 15 people at any given time.

Can’t see it being viable for any business to operate under those restrictions.

I know most won't/can't open but some are like that one fire on Dawson street, hence I'm looking for any that are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

jams100 wrote: »
    I know most won't/can't open but some are like that one fire on Dawson street, hence I'm looking for any that are ;)

Go to Fire so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

If somebody does a know a good spot you'd be a fool to give away a good secret like that on Boards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

@dudara on Instagram has a highlight reel for restaurants in Dublin - shows those doing outdoor dining and those doing dine at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Anywhere good still open in Dublin?

Going for a wander, will report back if we find anywhere. I heard rumours the Palace Bar is still open with outdoor seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Palace Bar 'beer garden' is open but good luck getting a seat!

Pygmalion looks good but 35 minute wait for a table.

Dublin suddenly has a lot more outdoor seating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Rezident wrote: »
    Palace Bar 'beer garden' is open but good luck getting a seat!

Pygmalion looks good but 35 minute wait for a table.

Dublin suddenly has a lot more outdoor seating :)

Una Mullally was giving out yesterday, Irish Times, that public outdoor eating space was being taken away from people.

She's always giving out about something. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Advertisement