Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can runners/joggers just F off

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

KaneToad wrote: »
    A highly contagious virus with no vaccine and no affective medical treatment. A virus that can lead to death or long term medical complications. A virus that has the potential to collapse our health services - as it did in Northern Italy. It's definitely not relatively harmless. If left unchecked it could be disastrous.

That aside...the real issue of the OP is bad etiquette of some people while exercising. I'd speculate that these people also display bad manners/lack of consideration while driving, eating, queuing etc... it's not the jogging that's the problem!

"may", "can" and "could". You must have bulk bought those words to use so many in your posts. I prefer not to live on such hypotheticals and stick to the actual data.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

This is the funniest thread have seen on CV. Am picturing joggers sweat literally pouring off them, turning around to sneeze back 5M at pedestrians. I am one of these pesky runners & very aware of this after I saw a group giving off about the jogger 'issue' on facebook back in lockdown. I was like WTF next?! But because I don't want aggro I make sure to keep the mouth closed, only nod, not say 'hello' (in case you know the droplets) when passing the walkers giving them a wide berth!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

biggebruv wrote: »
    Seriously running up behind you with the heavy breathing and sweating uggghh

The worst was today though some Asshole covering one of his nostrils just blowing his nose really hard into the open air about 5m ahead of me I’m not super strict about social distance but this really pissed me off for some reason

I wish they would distance themselves a lot more it’s not like they don’t have room
    You are walking YOU move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

You are walking YOU move.

Well I can’t predict that just a few feet ahead of me the jogger is going to spread his nostril snot and sweat out into the open air like a fireworks explosion can I LOL That’s the part that mainly pissed me off obviously not all joggers do it

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

VW 1 wrote: »
    I wish those groups of three walkers abreast hogging the path and forcing me to deviate onto the road cos they won't make room for me to pass would do the same OP.

Exactly, encounter that an awful lot. It’s pig ignorance or complete lack of awareness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

Can the bikers F off the footpaths and give a room to walkers/runners?

I'm a runner myself and always give a way to walkers, but won't be doing the same for the bikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

JojoLoca wrote: »
    Can the bikers F off the footpaths and give a room to walkers/runners?
    I'm a runner myself and always give a way to walkers, but won't be doing the same for the bikers.

Can the Car drivers just F off parking in the cycle lanes and give room to cyclists?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

eddie73 wrote: »
    Covid 19 has done to social commentary what Hitler has done to talking about politics. Eventually their names appear during the discussion.

Where are joggers supposed to go?

In fairness, if they were to do laps of bushy park in Terenure, there would be someone complaining about them disturbing the flora and fauna or disrupting the ducks, or worse again, disturbing people feeding the ducks.

There is no end to this.

How did we end up here?

Micro managing our way through life now. Simon says blue bin day. Simon says keep 6 feet of distance. Keep 3 feet of distance. Simon didn't say that! It's 6 feet.

The next generation that come through the ranks are going to have very, very interesting lives indeed.

Godwin’s law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

eddie73 wrote: »
    Covid 19 has done to social commentary what Hitler has done to talking about politics. Eventually their names appear during the discussion.

Where are joggers supposed to go?

In fairness, if they were to do laps of bushy park in Terenure, there would be someone complaining about them disturbing the flora and fauna or disrupting the ducks, or worse again, disturbing people feeding the ducks.

There is no end to this.

How did we end up here?

Micro managing our way through life now. Simon says blue bin day. Simon says keep 6 feet of distance. Keep 3 feet of distance. Simon didn't say that! It's 6 feet.

The next generation that come through the ranks are going to have very, very interesting lives indeed.

When seen Covid 19 & Hitler in the same sentence, first thought was Hitlers classic quote “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

Indeed. How did we end up here?

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

biggebruv wrote: »
    Well I can’t predict that just a few feet ahead of me the jogger is going to spread his nostril snot and sweat out into the open air like a fireworks explosion can I LOL That’s the part that mainly pissed me off obviously not all joggers do it

You said it was a distance of 5 meters, that's nearly 16 and half feet.

Not "just a few feet".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Anyone who clears their nose into the air or ground or spits into the air should be shot.

Disgusting animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

323 wrote: »
    When seen Covid 19 & Hitler in the same sentence, first thought was Hitlers classic quote “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

Indeed. How did we end up here?

In fairness, I believe in covid. I want to establish this before a mod shuts off the oxygen supply.

What I don't buy into is being told by click bate journalists or a certain brand of Joe public how harmful covid is and how contagious it is. It is the way they tell it and the way they miss-construe the info.

Anyone who clears their nose into the air or ground or spits into the air should be shot.

Disgusting animals.

Yeh, course they should. :rolleyes:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Yeh, course they should. :rolleyes:

Ok maybe not shot. I'm sure we can open camps.

Ok maybe not shot. I'm sure we can open camps.

Will you be putting in kids who pick their nose?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Will you be putting in kids who pick their nose?

No kids are excused. An adult should know better. It's disgusting and only a complete scumbag would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Can the Car drivers just F off parking in the cycle lanes and give room to cyclists?

Can the lorry drivers just F off driving in the overtaking lane and in city centre and give room to car drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

My tactic when running is first to sneak up on people and scare them, then I cough at them and if I'm in a really good mood I also let my dog to jump at them. I find it keeps people away so they don't need to complain how runners are terorizing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

No kids are excused. An adult should know better. It's disgusting and only a complete scumbag would do it.

You never played any bit of sport yourself so.

You never played any bit of sport yourself so.

I have yes. Also go to the gym quite a lot and run. Never in my life have squirted snot out my nose that wasn't on a tissue. As i am not a scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I have yes. Also go to the gym quite a lot and run. Never in my life have squirted snot out my nose that wasn't on a tissue. As i am not a scumbag.

Even when swimming whilst in the Pool or when at the Beach?

The joggers / runner team on this thread should write their own Opera, and use some musical theme like Chariots of Fire.
    The villains are everyone else. And the lead male Jogger gets to win the heart of Miss Athlete Runner. etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

use some musical theme like Chariots of Fire.
    The villains are everyone else

It's been done, decades ago. Need more originality.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Being within 2 metres of you for half a second while outdoors isn't going to give you Covid. You are in far riskier situations than this whenever you go to a shop.

Amirani wrote: »
    Being within 2 metres of you for half a second while outdoors isn't going to give you Covid. You are in far riskier situations than this whenever you go to a shop.

Wow, wow!!!

Let's not start dealing with facts!!!!

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's been done, decades ago. Need more originality.

True. Well, if Miss Saigon was a really a modern re iternation of Madame Butterfly then, something like

TOP RUN as modern equivalent of Chariots of Fire

Tom Cruise as a mix of his character in Top Gun & A few good Men.

but his a park runner....

the rest..

I hope all their stopwatches malfunction.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

There is literally NOTHING you can do without some gombeen having a go.

Most runners run outside. It is the only place that is perfectly ventilated (if you’d call it that). How about have a go at the stuff that matters like the govt confusing the country or people in DP.

If this is an excuse for you not to go outdoors and exercise than good luck with maintaining any semblance of healthy.

never_mind wrote: »
    There is literally NOTHING you can do without some gombeen having a go.

Most runners run outside. It is the only place that is perfectly ventilated (if you’d call it that). How about have a go at the stuff that matters like the govt confusing the country or people in DP.

If this is an excuse for you not to go outdoors and exercise than good luck with maintaining any semblance of healthy.

So many people have completely lost the plot.

Afraid of their own shadows at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Post number 401 on the "Thread's started by Karen's" thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement