Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 18 (Méribel - La Roche-sur-Foron, 175 km)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ratracer

Podium crew waiting for Sam......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭secman

Ca bhuil Sam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Inquitus wrote: »
    Speed = distance / time

X = 16 / (7/60)

X = 16 / 0.11666

X = 137kph

Based off

He didn't have 7 mins to do 16km, whatever the winners did the 16km in + 7 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Speed = distance / time

X = 16 / (7/60)

X = 16 / 0.11666

X = 137kph

Based off

It's that Sam could take seven minutes more to complete that 16km than Kwia & Carapaz took. If the Sky duo took 30 minutes, Sam has 37 minutes to do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pats22b

8 and half mins to spare
    no bother to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,212 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sam home at 32mins

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Sam with 8:30 to spare today! He is getting better:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Home safe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ratracer

Love the little wry smile from him coming over the line! Nearly in the bag, would be confident he’ll win in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Speed = distance / time

X = 16 / (7/60)

X = 16 / 0.11666hat

X = 137kph

Based off

Use 40 mins instead of 7......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

kenmc wrote: »
    How many points available in the stage tmw and Sunday? Assuming worst case and Sam scores no more, and Sagan gets them all....?

I'd be surprised if Sam doesn't increase his lead tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

The Buster wrote: »

In Carrick, the first thing you learn is to "make the calculashun".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dodge wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Sam doesn't increase his lead tomorrow.

Hard to see the intermediate sprint is late on and its decidedly hilly, plus it's Bora's last roll of the dice!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Hard to see the intermediate sprint is late on and its decidedly hilly, plus it's Bora's last roll of the dice!

It's really not that hilly. A breakaway will form well before the cat 4 and the sprinters teams will reel them in. Lotto and Coquard's team will both ride for the stage win with Quick Step

The hill there isn't enough for Bora to put Sam out the back as they did on Stage 6 and it'll end up in a bunch sprint IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

De Bhál wrote: »
    Movistar movie on Netflix and he came across a bit of a pain in the hole

He’s an awful whingy bitch , like Marc Soller (Vuelta, though his ds screwed him there )

Least he was honest and showed his character (unless Movistar screwed them all in the editing . Nairo came out that documentary looking really bad )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

snailsong wrote: »
    In Carrick, the first thing you learn is to "make the calculashun".

I had to turn off soon after end of race. Did Kelly say that? He comes out with some classic lines. The other day Carlton said you need a lot of tools to win the tour and Kelly replies, "you need a big toolbox".

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I had to turn off soon after end of race. Did Kelly say that?

That's like asking 'did Froome look at his stem?' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I must say, I've discovered a new respect for cyclists after the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

He’s an awful whingy bitch , like Marc Soller (Vuelta, though his ds screwed him there )

I thought he came across rather well, if lacking a certain killer instinct. The carpark after an A4 race is where you'll hear proper whinging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The carpark after an A4 race is where you'll hear proper whinging :)

Ah the 90 A4 souls who would have won but for ..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

The Buster wrote: »

Yeah, and he's moved up another place on G.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

I had to turn off soon after end of race. Did Kelly say that? He comes out with some classic lines. The other day Carlton said you need a lot of tools to win the tour and Kelly replies, "you need a big toolbox".

Didnt see it either but he had two great catchphrases, the other being "it's a waitin' game".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭redlead

I actually think Kelly is the best co-commentator out of any sports I watch. He's just so knowledgeable and his gut feeling is nearly always right. I feel like I learn something new from listening to him every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I thought he came across rather well, if lacking a certain killer instinct. The carpark after an A4 race is where you'll hear proper whinging :)

Yes Landa came across ok but had a fatalist attitude

Naioro came across as a poor communicator and not really a strong leader

But other than that they were all fine

Go into any office and the amount of moaning one hears...same for any work place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Dodge wrote: »
    It's really not that hilly. A breakaway will form well before the cat 4 and the sprinters teams will reel them in. Lotto and Coquard's team will both ride for the stage win with Quick Step

The hill there isn't enough for Bora to put Sam out the back as they did on Stage 6 and it'll end up in a bunch sprint IMO

Kämna :“Tomorrow, we will go full gas for Peter”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Guys where are ye following the Sam group, I have the app, but it stops tracking within 5 minutes of the winner...

Also am I right in saying that there is 140 points available with the green jersey race

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Paddigol

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Kämna :“Tomorrow, we will go full gas for Peter”

DQS to just tuck in behind them en-masse, with Sam on tow.

It'll be interesting, CCC will also want to challenge Sagan so won't be letting Bora shell the sprinters out the back without a fight.

You'd think anyway. Easier said than done on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭happytramp

The Jumbo Visma DS kicked off the race for intimidating and aggressive behaviour to a UCI offical.... There's something you don't see every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

happytramp wrote: »
    The Jumbo Visma DS kicked off the race for intimidating and aggressive behaviour to a UCI offical.... There's something you don't see every day.

I read that on Cycling News.
    Any idea what he did or said?

It seems to have happened at the after race bike check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Guys where are ye following the Sam group, I have the app, but it stops tracking within 5 minutes of the winner...

Also am I right in saying that there is 140 points available with the green jersey race

After the finish on Eurosport I do switch over in TG4. Eurosport cut coverage 7 or 8 mins after stage whereas TG4 wait til all arrive

Advertisement