Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed direct debit help

• 17-09-2020 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Please can someone tell me my direct debit for car insurance was due on the 16th but there was no money in my account so it went to a minus now on the 17th I got paid and it cleared that minus and took the money for that direct debit. Will that be returned back to me as it was a day late or will they just keep that money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Nicki1941 wrote: »
    Please can someone tell me my direct debit for car insurance was due on the 16th but there was no money in my account so it went to a minus now on the 17th I got paid and it cleared that minus and took the money for that direct debit. Will that be returned back to me as it was a day late or will they just keep that money?

Normally you will be charged an administration fee for the bank facilitating an unauthorised overdraft.

What has happened is that the bank has paid the insurance payment and when money was put into your account the bank has taken what they have paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

AIB? If it’s AIB you’re fine, there’ll be no extra charges and you usually have a day before any direct debit is returned unpaid.

Bank of Ireland on the other hand only give you up until 12pm to settle any DR direct debit. They’ll charge you €12.70

Advertisement