Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Bike Tyres Recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Vittoria Corsa G+. Fast and grippy. Seem to have decent puncture resistance too, although pressure counts for a lot here.

Gatorskins are great in the dry but lethal in the wet. I don’t use them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

byrnem31 wrote: »
    I will have to fit them and not pump them up until I get them past the v brakes. Tight but will be worth it.
    Can you just undo the V brake at the end of the noodle, to get them past?

Gatorskins are great in the dry but lethal in the wet. I don’t use them anymore.
    Don't people complain about how fast they wear down as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Effects wrote: »
    Don't people complain about how fast they wear down as well?

I didn’t notice any extra wear from them. I only ever had one set which I still have as a spare if needed in emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

sounds like 25mm 4 seasons are the ones to go for, just waiting for online stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Happy with 28mm 4 Seasons on my hack/city/everyday bike and 25mm Vittoria Rubino Pro's on the good bike. Would probably change these to 28mm for comfort but there's not enough clearance. Grip and wear comparable with the two makes and both reasonably good for puncture resistance until they wear down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement