Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Plenty of fireworks here , but no trick or treaters. As mentioned above I think the unwritten rule is no decorations, no knock.

Few fireworks went off Friday but not a saint nor sinner around here this year, and I actually had a few bits and pieces to give out.

Not to worry, I'm tucking in as I type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Had more callers tonight than I've had any other year. Some of them having their first Halloween out. The excitement in them was great to see. The weather didn't deter them either.😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not a single caller here. Lights off and hang out at the back of the house. Still hearing a lot of exploding dole money from the estate behind though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The LOst bOys on TMC sky 315

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I often wonder about people like you, did you not get any enjoyment from Halloween as a child?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Loads of kids out around ours last night, including my own.They loved the fireworks, knocked on all the doors and came back soaked with massive bags of sweets.

Delighted they got to enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭tigger123

Not really a thing for me. Was never really into it. Was dressed up in a bin bag every year like most kids of my era, and sent out to collect a Quinnsworth bag full of monkey nuts from neighbours who also had kids on a similar mission. Strict warning to only knock on the doors of houses with kids that we knew. Monkey nuts usually went in the bin after a day or two. Stopped when I was 9 or 10.

So, not particularly agin' it, but still not into it. Definitely not interested in answering the door every two minutes to a gang of kids I don't know, belonging to neighbours I don't know, who are probably as into monkey nuts as I was at their age. And I'm not heading out to buy them chocolate. They get enough of that at home. Roundy little feckers!

I do. It's not compulsory, you know. This is actually the first halloween I've been in the country for in ages. Not counting last year, which didn't really happen. I'm usually abroad stocking up on sunshine for the winter ahead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement