Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All rental properties require immediate moving in.

Options
  • 17-09-2020 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

So I'm currently renting a 3 room house (living with 1 couple and there's a spare room). It's about time that I move in with my boyfriend so I've been trying to look for somewhere decent but any time I register interest in a place, I'm told that I will be at a disadvantage because I need to give notice to my current landlord..

This is the first time I've moved from one place to another so I'm a bit like how do people usually do it? Unfortunately, I can't really leave here and just move in with my parents temporarily while looking for a new place so not sure what to do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

batteriess wrote: »
    So I'm currently renting a 3 room house (living with 1 couple and there's a spare room). It's about time that I move in with my boyfriend so I've been trying to look for somewhere decent but any time I register interest in a place, I'm told that I will be at a disadvantage because I need to give notice to my current landlord..

This is the first time I've moved from one place to another so I'm a bit like how do people usually do it? Unfortunately, I can't really leave here and just move in with my parents temporarily while looking for a new place so not sure what to do??

You end up paying for 2 places for a little while.... That's the way it is if you can't line up the dates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

batteriess wrote: »

The way things are at the minute with rentals and demand, you may be able to negotiate a moving in date that suits you. You need to broach this subject as and when you express interest in taking a place though. You may or may not be successful. I wouldn't be saying to the agent before viewing I only want to move in a month - go view and then see how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 batteriess

You end up paying for 2 places for a little while.... That's the way it is if you can't line up the dates

Yikes. With the price of things atm that makes me feel a bit queasy. I'm holding off for the moment hoping demand will slow down a bit once september ends..

Advertisement