Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 ready Tv’s/Monitors

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I sit at a desk when playing PS5 - need a new tv or monitor - any suggestions? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

I think with HD and smart TV's the lines are blurring and I personally wouldn't shell out for a special TV/monitor just for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Shebean wrote: »
    I think with HD and smart TV's the lines are blurring and I personally wouldn't shell out for a special TV/monitor just for gaming.

Why not? you've already shelled out circa 500 quid for a console, would you not want it to look the best it can?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Shebean wrote: »

Depends on your level of gaming, For example I have a racing rig so therefore need to have a monitor just back from my wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Danick wrote: »
    I sit at a desk when playing PS5 - need a new tv or monitor - any suggestions? Thanks

Getting something cheap 200-300 is an option right now but it won't tick all the boxes, but for 4k decent HDR and 120hz+ there's no real good options.

Load of manufacturers delayed models for a year plus last year and they're only starting to come out now.

Gigabyte have a new one 28" M28U it's ~700 and it's sold out and back ordered everywhere.

Philips have been teasing their new 32" for a long while too but only a few mentions recently (it's a year delayed) and it might be ~600. They've 28" models too for ~450 but it's 60hz only and HDR 400 which is the lower end of the official citification for monitors ( still better than a lot). 328M1R is the name for the 32" that's being waited on, their French PR tweeted something last week.

Viewsonic is in there somewhere as are LG but they're using the same display as Philips, and like I said everything is delayed.

Wait a bit and see what Philips have lined up and there'll be a bit more competition over the next few months.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Getting something cheap 200-300 is an option right now but it won't tick all the boxes, but for 4k decent HDR and 120hz+ there's no real good options.

Load of manufacturers delayed models for a year plus last year and they're only starting to come out now.

Gigabyte have a new one 28" M28U it's ~700 and it's sold out and back ordered everywhere.

Philips have been teasing their new 32" for a long while too but only a few mentions recently (it's a year delayed) and it might be ~600. They've 28" models too for ~450 but it's 60hz only and HDR 400 which is the lower end of the official citification for monitors ( still better than a lot). 328M1R is the name for the 32" that's being waited on, their French PR tweeted something last week.

Viewsonic is in there somewhere as are LG but they're using the same display as Philips, and like I said everything is delayed.

Wait a bit and see what Philips have lined up and there'll be a bit more competition over the next few months.

Thanks a million for this reply and for letting me know - I bought my 27" 1080P TV when the PS4 and Xbox One launched so I can definitely wait a little longer to replace it - 28" -32" sounds great considering I sit beside it. I'll do what you said and see what Philips bring out. Just to tie me over for the moment what 200-300 montior/TV would you recommend? Thanks again.

Danick wrote: »
    Just to tie me over for the moment what 200-300 montior/TV would you recommend? Thanks again.

It might be only a month or 2 until they're out, the Gigabyte one is out now just stock is short.

Depends on what you want in the meantime. High refresh rate 1080 or 4k at low rate.

In either case some level of HDR even the lowest certified one at HDR400 would probably be a decent improvement.

If you wanted it for a while might be better spending 3-400

But you really should wait.

BenQ EX2710 1080p HDr400 maybe for the ~250 but really you should wait.

Varik wrote: »
    It might be only a month or 2 until they're out, the Gigabyte one is out now just stock is short.

Depends on what you want in the meantime. High refresh rate 1080 or 4k at low rate.

In either case some level of HDR even the lowest certified one at HDR400 would probably be a decent improvement.

If you wanted it for a while might be better spending 3-400

But you really should wait.

BenQ EX2710 1080p HDr400 maybe for the ~250 but really you should wait.

Thanks for the Benq EX2710 recommendation - that might tie me over for a year or two - reviews look good and at that size I can't imagine 4K would make too much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

I'm going to be moving into my own place soon and am looking at TVs at the moment. I don't have a PS5 yet but I will definitely be getting one at some point in the future. I'm not too fussed about HDMI 2.1 at the moment as I'm fine with 4K 60fps, I don't need 120fps. I've been doing a bit of browsing and the Samsung AU8000 looks decent, but I'm useless when it comes to knowing the finer details. Does anyone have one, and if so would they recommend it? Link below.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/samsung-au8000-50-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-smart-tv-ue50au8000kxxu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Jafin wrote: »
    I'm going to be moving into my own place soon and am looking at TVs at the moment. I don't have a PS5 yet but I will definitely be getting one at some point in the future. I'm not too fussed about HDMI 2.1 at the moment as I'm fine with 4K 60fps, I don't need 120fps. I've been doing a bit of browsing and the Samsung AU8000 looks decent, but I'm useless when it comes to knowing the finer details. Does anyone have one, and if so would they recommend it? Link below.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/samsung-au8000-50-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-smart-tv-ue50au8000kxxu.html

Looked at a few reviews a while ago, and iirc it's not supposed to be great for HDR if that's important to you? Otherwise it didn't excel at anything but seemed okayish. Actually, here's a review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Looked at a few reviews a while ago, and iirc it's not supposed to be great for HDR if that's important to you? Otherwise it didn't excel at anything but seemed okayish. Actually, here's a review.

That's great, thanks. HDR isn't really a big deal to me. I only really just experienced it for the first time recently as I got a new laptop with HDR. Tried some HDR content and it was ok, nothing groundbreaking for me so it's not really a factor. Thanks for the link to the review, I'm also watching YouTube reviews. Won't be buying for a few weeks anyway so I have plenty of time to research.

Jafin wrote: »
    That's great, thanks. HDR isn't really a big deal to me. I only really just experienced it for the first time recently as I got a new laptop with HDR. Tried some HDR content and it was ok, nothing groundbreaking for me so it's not really a factor. Thanks for the link to the review, I'm also watching YouTube reviews. Won't be buying for a few weeks anyway so I have plenty of time to research.

It doesn't really take much for a manufacturer to put HDR on the box. Usually it'd means it can accept a HDR source and then just tries it's best by uping the brightness to max and ups contrast.

The highest of highest end laptops screens might just about make 500 nits, and could get 90+% DCI P3 colour.
    That's the very very top end for a laptop and that brightness is terrible compared to any TV (other than OLED which make up for it elsewhere)

The AU8000 doesn't even get that bright, and it's colour is far worse.

HDR really is a big difference, 1080 HDR content looks far better than 4k SDR it makes such a huge difference.

Don't let your experience of it be entirely based on the laptop which in all likely hood wasn't a good example, try when able to go to a shop and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Any new TVs for a PS5 on the horizon? Want get one for my office. Needs HDMI 2.1 have at least. 40 inch+

I have a Q95t in the living room so this will be a secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Probably won't be anything new now until the new year. CES should be when we hear about the next generation. The 42" OLED from LG has been confirmed, but likely won't be available until next summer.

Where can I buy a Philips momentum 32” 329M1RV in Ireland or where can I preorder one?

any thoughts on the 43 inch Sony X85J? Thanks

Post edited by Danick on

I think I'm going to bite the bullet on a 43/50 inch Sony X85J tomorrow - any thoughts from anyone with this TV? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I see Harvey Norman have the LG C1 55" at €1250 right now, claiming €850 off. From what I've read, this is the go to TV for next gen gaming. I am fierce tempted, have the money and all, but other things were due to get it... So, so tempting. Is that an indication of an imminent price drop in general?

Bought the 50" X85J - running both Playstation 5 and Xbox series X on it - delighted with it - not too expensive either for what you get.

Given good friday is approaching, what are the current crop of good playstaion 5 tvs available?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've been very happy with my 55" LG C2, if the budget can stretch and there's a good Black Friday deal, I highly recommend it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭jj880

I have 55" LG CS6.

Same as C2 but with a slightly older OLED panel which is not as bright but its usually a bit cheaper for that reason. Also worth a mention is CS6 is wifi-5 (AC). C2 is wifi-6 (AX).

CS6 still packs great features for PS5. 120hz, VRR, 4 x 2.1 HDMI ports.

Picked myself up a 48" C3 today

Advertisement