Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 ready Tv’s/Monitors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Them OLEDs are steep! Looking for something around 50 inch maybe, has anyone on here purchased anything recently and have any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a 43" tv?

What budget, and what you looking for.

Samsung Frame and Q6 get that small. Both only 120Hz if that matters.

some 43" monitors too, if you got a saorview box or a chromecast/firestick for media that could be an option. Most 43" are well over 1k, only one that lower would be the Philips momentum 43" which is 500-600.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Varik wrote: »
    What budget, and what you looking for.

Samsung Frame and Q6 get that small. Both only 120Hz if that matters.

€600/700? Is it even possible to get a decent TV for ps5 gaming at this price?

I've a firestick and another tv so it'll be just used for gaming.

€600/700? Is it even possible to get a decent TV for ps5 gaming at this price?

Then Samsung Q60T probably.

There's the Sony XH800, it's a IPS screen vs the VA in the Samsung with means the Samsung has better blacks and colour while the Sony has better viewing angle.

When places open maybe go in an look to see the difference, also at those sizes there are difference to the larger ones so don't use a 55" version of either to compare if you're getting a 43".

Unless the room needs it I'd got for the Samsung and the VA

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

mutley18 wrote: »
    Them OLEDs are steep! Looking for something around 50 inch maybe, has anyone on here purchased anything recently and have any recommendations?

Yeah they're pricey but they look amazing. If you can get your hands on a 55inch LGC9 you'll save few shackles. Otherwise a 48inch LGCX would fit the bill. Still expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Rtings like it well enough.

That's part of what peaked my interest, along with some other reviews. This could be a very expensive month...

JimBurnley wrote: »
    That's part of what peaked my interest, along with some other reviews. This could be a very expensive month...

Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with my old Sony for the time being... my bank balance just can't hack it!

I did just notice there that the EU version of the Sammy is slightly inferior to the US version they tested, i.e. slightly inferior local dimming. Just FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Spooch

Thinking of picking up an LGCX but i've become quite attached to Sony's brand of Tv's, what would their high end equivalent be and would it be able to compete with the CX?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spooch wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up an LGCX but i've become quite attached to Sony's brand of Tv's, what would their high end equivalent be and would it be able to compete with the CX?

I've seen the Sony X900H mentioned in the same posts as the LG CX.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

What are the important features or things to look out for in 4k monitors? Currently using a 1440p 144hz monitor but looking at "BenQ EL2870U 27" 4K HDMI HDR Monitor" for PS5 as its 4k and has a 1ms response time. Anything else I should be looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

I picked up the 48" LG CX last week

Upgrading from a 7 year old Sony that was 32"

Blown away by the picture quality and black levels - 4K Netflix is awesome, base PS4 games also look great.

Can't wait to get it setup and calibrated for the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I picked up the 48" LG CX last week

Upgrading from a 7 year old Sony that was 32"

Blown away by the picture quality and black levels - 4K Netflix is awesome, base PS4 games also look great.

Can't wait to get it setup and calibrated for the PS5

Wow, going from a 7 year-old 32inch to high-end 4K OLED must have been incredible.

I have a 2 year-old 4K. So don't really need to update but oh that CX looks so so sweet.....

JimBurnley wrote: »

So got this delivered this morning, right in time for ps5 later in the week. Excellent service from Richer Sounds. Only had a quick look at lunch after setting up, but can already tell it's a mighty upgrade on my 10 yr old hdtv!

Any recommendations for best looking ps4 (slim not pro) games to feel the might of this when I boot up the ps4 later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭brady12

I was set to get the Samsung QE55Q80 t for new gen gaming but abit annoying only one 2.1 HDMI Port, abit annoying ! I see a few of ye got it how ye find it ? Was going get 49 inch but I see it doesn’t support 120hz so going have go 55 inch .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Will there be much of a difference to a casual gamer? Is it night and day between regular 4k? I've just a 4k tv at the moment with standard HDMI. Trying to justify the upgrade.

Will there be much of a difference to a casual gamer? Is it night and day between regular 4k? I've just a 4k tv at the moment with standard HDMI. Trying to justify the upgrade.

It will be a couple of years I feel before we see games outputting 4K at 120 FPS

4K at 60FPS or 1080 at 120 will be the norm for the start of this generation.

I've upgraded as my old TV was ancient and I'm future proofed.

Rting's recommendations, for those interested;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭brady12

Rting's recommendations, for those interested;

Appreciate that , thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Ordered the Samsung Q80 T today should have it tomorrow with the ps5 so will be interesting how it goes. Supports hdmi 2.1 which may be big in the future. Expensive week but hopefully totally worth it.

Ordered the Samsung Q80 T today should have it tomorrow with the ps5 so will be interesting how it goes. Supports hdmi 2.1 which may be big in the future. Expensive week but hopefully totally worth it.

Did the same. Very impressed so far, although come from a 10 yrs old tv so was always gonna be a big leap in quality. Looking forward to seeing the ps5 on it tomorrow (fingers crossed on ups delivery!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

JimBurnley wrote:
    Did the same. Very impressed so far, although come from a 10 yrs old tv so was always gonna be a big leap in quality. Looking forward to seeing the ps5 on it tomorrow (fingers crossed on ups delivery!)

Seemed the best option and future proofs is going forward especially as it has hdmi 2.1. Cant wait to set it up. Enjoy man.

For anyone sitting on the fence about taking the (expensive) plunge on an LG CX

After a long session last night using it with the PS5 I can honestly say I'm delighted with the image quality and how smooth fast paced games are outputted.

Looking forward to many years gaming on it!

For anyone sitting on the fence about taking the (expensive) plunge on an LG CX

After a long session last night using it with the PS5 I can honestly say I'm delighted with the image quality and how smooth fast paced games are outputted.

Looking forward to many years gaming on it!

What size did you go for?

What size did you go for?

I went for the 48" - it's set up in my room so it's dominating the room to say the least :)

I went for the 48" - it's set up in my room so it's dominating the room to say the least :)

Yeah, it's probably the one I'd go for, although it annoys me that it's poorer value for money than the bigger sizes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

BenQ EL2870U is on sale for black Friday on Amazon, might just bite and buy now

Philips, Viewsonic, and Asus got new screens coming out after Christmas going to get one of those.

Also Acer but they're looking for 1k for the 27". The Philips & Viewsonic are meant to be around the €600 for the 32".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Varik wrote: »
    Philips, Viewsonic, and Asus got new screens coming out after Christmas going to get one of those.

Also Acer but they're looking for 1k for the 27". The Philips & Viewsonic are meant to be around the €600 for the 32".

Been keeping an eye out for those. The Acer you mention is the "Republic of Gamers" one yeah?

Where are you seeing about prices?

Advertisement