Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maelenn

Wear a suit on your first day. Probably no need for the tie but wear one the first day anyway.

Rule of thumb as an AO is to always at a minimum wear shoes, shirt and slacks. Keep a suit jacket and a tie in work in case needed.

If wfh wear a proper shirt when on video calls. If wearing tracksuit bottoms, don't stand up when on the call!

Thank you! I will have to adapt it a little bit, as I am a woman, but I appreciate the tips.

Maelenn wrote: »
    Thank you! I will have to adapt it a little bit, as I am a woman, but I appreciate the tips.
    One tip I would give is to dress as well as the PO does. This is especially the case if everyone else is quite casual... you would be surprised the amount of additional opportunities you get from looking professional. Congrats on the job, hope you enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nmcg67

I disagree smart casual is the way to go unless you get called out on it they want you to be able to move around comfortable and quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maelenn

One tip I would give is to dress as well as the PO does. This is especially the case if everyone else is quite casual... you would be surprised the amount of additional opportunities you get from looking professional. Congrats on the job, hope you enjoy it.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Completed interview today for batch 3. Was quite standard, the material they send prepares you well for what you need to do. Now we wait and see the result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Longfordgal

Hi all, I just had my interview & presentation today.. glad it's over, but there were a couple of areas I'm not happy with. I forgot to ask the panel how long we will be waiting for results... Anyone else any idea how long it takes them to issue results after interview / presentation? TIA

Between 2-3 weeks based on my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nclan

PAS are on 22 OOM for the Health Stream Batch 1.
    Source: PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭exitstageleft

Does anyone know if being called for clearance means that there is a position open?

I've heard of some people waiting weeks or even months for clearance so that would mean the job is just sitting there vacant in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Daisychain777

Hi all, I just had my interview & presentation today.. glad it's over, but there were a couple of areas I'm not happy with. I forgot to ask the panel how long we will be waiting for results... Anyone else any idea how long it takes them to issue results after interview / presentation? TIA

I interviewed Tuesday . The panel said they’d 3 more weeks of interviews ahead ... I’d assume then 4 weeks at least maybe the May bank hol... could be later who knows guessing game really . I have waited months for results and I’ve waited days..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ToppedIron

I interviewed Tuesday . The panel said they’d 3 more weeks of interviews ahead ... I’d assume then 4 weeks at least maybe the May bank hol... could be later who knows guessing game really . I have waited months for results and I’ve waited days..

Did you have any issue presenting? The host settings didn't permit my to share screen and the panel didn't understand the technical issue was on their side. So I wasn't overly happy about that and not being able to use my prepared slides, it kinda threw be a fair bit for the first 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aero123

God 4 weeks of interviews is a lot. Does anyone know if the interviews are only for general stream or other streams as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 PeachL00pies

The booklet notes that you'll only interview once and that its applicable to all streams. I presume they'll create subsequent batches for all streams based off the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

Did the Presentation interview today and asked that question at the end. The PAS rep said that they hadn't been told any time frame yet on when we get our results.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mw163

Nclan wrote: »
    PAS are on 22 OOM for the Health Stream Batch 1.
    Source: PAS

I came in the low 20's OOM on a different stream but would love to know how close I am now to being offered a position!
    I wasn't aware you could find out.
    Who exactly do you email for this info and is it a normal request?

Thanks, I'm new to all this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Zoulikha

mw163 wrote: »
    I came in the low 20's OOM on a different stream but would love to know how close I am now to being offered a position!

Clearance email they provided. You might have to wait a little, but they do answer back eventually

ToppedIron wrote: »
    Did you have any issue presenting? The host settings didn't permit my to share screen and the panel didn't understand the technical issue was on their side. So I wasn't overly happy about that and not being able to use my prepared slides, it kinda threw be a fair bit for the first 20 mins

Hi,

No I joined they did intros and then pas rep gave me host access to share screen. It showed fine..slides aren’t compulsory and give no bearing in marks either so try not worry too much about that .

I also did a trial run with my friend the night before to make double sure I’d be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ToppedIron

Hi,

No I joined they did intros and then pas rep gave me host access to share screen. It showed fine..slides aren’t compulsory and give no bearing in marks either so try not worry too much about that .

I also did a trial run with my friend the night before to make double sure I’d be okay

Interesting, I was early enough so maybe they resolved the issue later. I know the marks didn't differ for a powerpoint of not, but having to change my approach on the fly really threw me so I'm not holding out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nclan

mw163 wrote: »

I email graduate pas and they always reply

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ddk2020

Can I ask if anyone has started their post as an AO, if so how are they finding the role so far. Did you receive training / induction etc as I’m wondering how the process in going in terms of working from home.

• Advertisement

I'll let you know in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fkny

Just received an update from PAS that they are down as far as OOM 7 for batch 1 HR stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Murpl

I’ve checked back on the message received from PAS. Batch 2 interviews finish on the 16/04. The interviewers could have an additional few weeks interviewing for other positions, which means we could have our results for May.

Murpl wrote: »
    I’ve checked back on the message received from PAS. Batch 2 interviews finish on the 16/04. The interviewers could have an additional few weeks interviewing for other positions, which means we could have our results for May.

Yea, it’s all a guessing game. Could have other interviews also . I’m batch 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haleyoshea

Yea, it’s all a guessing game. Could have other interviews also . I’m batch 1.3

So if I have an interview tomorrow, does that mean im batch 1.2 or 1.3?

haleyoshea wrote: »
    So if I have an interview tomorrow, does that mean im batch 1.2 or 1.3?

Hi hi

It’s on your initial invite to interview email at the top what batch you are. They very best of luck to you xo

Hi hi

It’s on your initial invite to interview email at the top what batch you are. They very best of luck to you xo

Thank you! I still cant find it but ill keep looking

• Registered Users Posts: 44 PeachL00pies

haleyoshea wrote: »
    Thank you! I still cant find it but ill keep looking

Batch 1.2 interviews run until 16th. You can see the dates for interviews in the message about the panellists.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Yeah but batch 1.3 began last week so there's an overlap.

• Advertisement

Govannan wrote: »
    Yeah but batch 1.3 began last week so there's an overlap.

oh is there? I cant see any indication of which one I am in any of the emails ive gotten.

Advertisement