Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - Friday 18th September.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Can rte just stop calling us racist for one night

I wouldn't have time for HAzel Chu's politics at all and I've read some of her comments as race baiting to b ehonest but she is coming across here ok IMO.

It's Tubridy and his 'there's a streak in us' shoite that really gets my goat.
    Who the fck does he think he is? A typically, *actual* privileged pontificating gickball who will never do one thing to solve the problem of racism

Will there be time for HAzel to boost the ppl of Dublin with her vision to improve the city? I mean, it's her job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Yeah hazel. Where’s the fookin tears like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

How did that feel?

*she answers*

Was it upsetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Why doesn't he actually ask he interesting questions like how she thinks the city will manage with the drop off the cliff in income and should there be a directly elected mayor and should they be given any actual power that matters?

Coz a non caucasian female is on, ryan reduces them to their gender or race and ignores their accomplishments in an ironic twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If Tubs is going to keep saying Irish people are racist, I will have to go there

the-chinese-a-great-bunch-of-lads.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think she is fine, but most of the show is not Friday night material.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Has anyone won the viewers prize while commenting on this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is it racist that RTE didn't put a traveller guest on tonight? :rolleyes:

M

jluv wrote: »

Not yet :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I like that she struggles with the 'th' sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I think its great its a multicultural night even if the faux American singer annoyed me so, look back at a typical Late Late from the 80s and before and its as grim as an Iranian theocratic state broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I like that she struggles with the 'th' sound.

I like her accent too. Would be good at explaining things I think.

M

What car does the Mayor get, is it still the Volvo?

Edit, yes a plug it in hybrid, beats the previous death fuelled wagons they seemed to think were ok running in a congested city.
    Registration 201D1
    Make VOLVO
    Model XC60
    Description T8 TWIN EN PHEV INSCRIPTION PRO AT 5DR AU AUTO
    Engine Capacity 1969

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Ireland is such a racist country that you can come here from the other side of the world, start a successful company, have a family and within one generation your daughter is elected Mayor of the capital city.

jluv wrote: »

We can’t multi task.

What car does the Mayor get, is it still the Volvo?

Pieball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I like her she seems thoroughly decent and clued in.

Plus she posted something on her twitter with the simpsons....I choo choo choose you card...in summary...sound!

I once stayed in a hotel in Tournai in Belgium in the next room to that chain. We were attending the centenary of the placement of the Fontenoy Cross which had been designed by my great-grandfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

CageWager wrote: »
    Ireland is such a racist country that you can come here from the other side of the world, start a successful company, have a family and within one generation you’re daughter is elected Mayor of the capital city.

No one has said the country is racists in a loud minority. Over dramatic much you are. Just because it's a minority does not mean we just ignore it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I once stayed in a hotel in Tournai in Belgium in the next room to that chain. We were attending the centenary of the placement of the Fontenoy Cross which had been designed by my great-grandfather.

I love Cat snippets!

• Advertisement
    M

They took the free parking off the front line workers, will he ask her about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

No one has said the country is racists in a loud minority. Over dramatic much you are. Just because it's a minority does not mean we just ignore it

Tubs literally just said “WE have a streak in US”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

NOT CARK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Immigration is a relatively new phenomenon here, give it time before the knuckleheads see their economic hardships are somehow linked to their "foreign" neighbours and not our clown political leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Is it racist that RTE didn't put a traveller guest on tonight? :rolleyes:

A transgendered traveller would be even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

NOT CARK!

Its COERK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Till next week, goodnight!

M

Night all, and now to watch Long Way Up, 2 lads riding motorcycles running on nothing but harmless electricity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Night all, and now to watch Long Way Up, 2 lads riding motorcycles running on nothing but harmless electricity.

Shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

She's a very competent politician, one of the better Lord Mayors Dublin has had in recent years. When Tubs stopped asking her Chinese questions Hazel demonstrated her capabilities.

Tubs seemed obsessed in pushing the racist angle, there is undoubtedly a racist problem in Dublin but surely the fact she is in her position is a good news story

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I love Cat snippets!

Maybe I shouldn't be posting it here in case any employee gets into trouble, but the chain got misplaced for about two hours and couldn't be found. There was a panic to try and locate it in time for the ceremony where the Lord Mayor was to speak along with local Mayor, Irish Ambassador and French Consul. All reminded me of a real life episode from Allo Allo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nos da, folks!

Stay safe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Immigration is a relatively new phenomenon here, give it time before the knuckleheads see their economic hardships are somehow linked to their "foreign" neighbours and not our clown political leaders.

You actually have a valid point. Everytime I see a jackass driver on the road I refrain from levelling profanities at them I just blame the gob****e who gave her a licence.

EDIT: Whoops, I mean *them*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Hazel Chu .....really..

Another neoliberal with the same philosophy unchallenged by the media.

How about a bit of diversity in opinion on this programme.

This is **** TV and is no way a representative of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I was trying to do my homework in a chip van, while my parents were working around me.

It was a lovely upbringing!

I liked her already, but that's excellent.

When she told the story of the chip van I wondered what a Chinese version of The Snapper would be like

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Skid X wrote: »
    She's a very competent politician, one of the better Lord Mayors Dublin has had in recent years. When Tubs stopped asking her Chinese questions Hazel demonstrated her capabilities.

Tubs seemed obsessed in pushing the racist angle, there is undoubtedly a racist problem in Dublin but surely the fact she is in her position is a good news story

Have you been in the city centre lately? It's rapidly turning into Detroit and the council is pursuing policies that are making it worse.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    When she told the story of the chip van I wondered what a Chinese version of The Snapper would be like

Well the ending would have been different because Sharon’s brothers and sisters would have been aborted under the one child policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hazel Chu .....really..

Another neoliberal with the same philosophy unchallenged by the media.

How about a bit of diversity in opinion on this programme.

This is **** TV and is no way a representative of Ireland.

It's a conversation that needs to be had....

No! Not like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Why should we give it time. How much time. That ladies mothers was been abused when she was young. When is enough is enough. Or is it sure that happened to us so just let it happen

The Chinese built a very good wall years ago.

It’s time for another.

Signed

Kerry, Galway, Mayo, Wexford, Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

(Warning-total departure from topic ahead!)

I had to research that! A shame it's not more widely known here.

His descendants also shared his work ethic and creativity it seems, not least the late John (RIP) whose memorial discourse by the Provost of Trinity refers to the Fontenoy Cross.

For John's part, Ireland's place in the IT economy owes an awful lot to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tubs seemed obsessed in pushing the racist angle

Someone in RTE management needs to have a word with him and tell him that its supposed to be an entertainment show and not some propaganda brainwashing experiment.

The whole show tonight was a box ticking exercise in wokism.

The black singer suffering racism, the Asian ethnicity politician, the US political spiel with Gloria Estefan, the Covid fearmongering .

Its like something off the Twilight Zone and insulting to viewers, shoving this garbage down their throats.

Tubs the teacher, teaching his audience to be better people.
    We are so lucky to have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Denny61

Someone in RTE management needs to have a word with him and tell him that its supposed to be an entertainment show and not some propaganda brainwashing experiment.

The black singer suffering racism, the Asian ethnicity politician, the US political spiel with Gloria Estefan, the Covid fearmongering .

Its like something off the Twilight Zone and insulting to viewers, shoving this garbage down their throats.

Good post..well said

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Denny61

Can tommy Tierney please replace ..ryan turbidity....hes the most boring patronising presenter ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

This needs to off air til he can get quests and audience in. Just put a film in its place.
    What we got tonight was a poorly chopped together mixture of pre recorded remote interviews and presumably live segments.
    I dont even know what the first singer lady was talking about. Is there some kind of university course that teaches how to waffle like this?

M

Denny61 wrote: »
    Can tommy Tierney please replace ..ryan turbidity....hes the most boring patronising presenter ever

He has become an absolute condescending pri1ck, there's no need to weekly cover an intro with what we already know. The toy show will be complete and utter car crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

He is an absolute condescending pri1ck, there's no need to weekly cover an intro with what we already know. The toy show will be complete and utter car crash.

FYP. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The way his eyes go when hes telling the guest how its not on that they have been on the receiving end of racism, which it obviously isnt but he really has to get it threw our thick heads at home ha.

yer one from Zambia was a dose, like racists are a tiny minority in Ireland so stop trying to pretend we have a serious racism problem in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

It's probably fresh in the heads of The Late Late Show producers and RTE as they had to turn off the replies on their Twitter feed due to so much disgusting filth being posted by racist thugs during this and the New Gaels program the other week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

pgj2015 wrote: »

yer one from Zambia was a dose, like racists are a tiny minority in Ireland so stop trying to pretend we have a serious racism problem in Ireland.

Pretending? The state of ya.

• Advertisement
Advertisement