Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Small Claims Case??

Options
  • 18-09-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice on taking a European Small Claims case against Amazon. Without going into too much detail, the timeline of events is as follows:

Ordered an item from an Amazon reseller with a value of about €200.
    Item arrived damaged.
    I messaged the reseller but got no reply within the timeframe specified by Amazon.
    Sent second message to reseller.
    Contacted Amazon through online chat and explained the situation. Was offered a refund and was told not to return the item but to dispose of it.
    Message from reseller asking me to return the damaged item, after being told by Amazon to dispose of it.
    2 months of back and forth with Amazon with them acknowledging that I had been told to dispose of the item and that my refund will be processed. In a recent discussion an agent told me that the advice to dispose of the item was an error and that I should not have been told that, although they acknowledged that it was their error, not mine.
    Advised yesterday that my refund has been refused without reason being given.

I have transcripts of all of my discussions with Amazon and copies of emails to back up the above. To me, the crux of the matter is that that Amazon advised me not to return the damaged item but to dispose of it. The fact that they now consider this to have been a mistake is not my fault and I don't see why I should be out of pocket because of their mistake. I have never used the small claims procedure so looking for a bit of advice on whether I'm likely to be successful in claiming through the European Small Claims process.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Tell Amazon you want this reviewed by a supervisor. Also as you paid by card, you could do a chargeback (depending on timeline). Both options far easier than the escc

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Duzzie

silver2020 wrote: »
    Tell Amazon you want this reviewed by a supervisor. Also as you paid by card, you could do a chargeback (depending on timeline). Both options far easier than the escc

Thanks for the advice. Will look into the charge back option. I have requested a review of the decision but didn't say I wanted a supervisor review.

Advertisement