Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspension expert

Options
  • 18-09-2020 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is suspension expert in Cork? Have a tud in the car and replaced the shocks twice but it’s still there. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

gudede wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is suspension expert in Cork? Have a tud in the car and replaced the shocks twice but it’s still there. Thanks

Drop links?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Drop links?

Mechanic said everything is perfect. In fairness he look about 10times and got his buddy to look.

I’d go over a speed bump and hear nothing and then hear it going over the smallest bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Mechanic said everything is perfect. In fairness he look about 10times and got his buddy to look.

I’d go over a speed bump and hear nothing and then hear it going over the smallest bump.

Strange, had that on a Mondeo once, changed the shocks, still didn’t sort it, changed the drop links, job done.

Get a second opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Hi all,

Might be a bit late but when the shocks were changed were the mounts changed too?

I had a similar issue this year (renault megane), links were changed everything was tight, then found out it was a common fault with mounts on the model.

Got mounts done and replaced shocks too as just as the job is awkward and saves doing it again.

No experts involved (un)fortunately

Also anti roll bar bushes could be worn

Advertisement