Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dram led on and no video output

Options
  • 18-09-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Putting together pc for cousin, everything's running except for the issue I'm having in the title.

I'm using an old stick of ram as the new set has not arrived yet,I have tried reseating the ram in different slots but it didn't make a difference.

I have also removed the battery and put it back but it didn't help.

I appreciate the help.

My Pc TOTAL : £677

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor (6C/12T, 35 MB Cache, 4.2 GHz Max Boost) AM4 £ $186

MSI B450M-A PRO MAX Motherboard mATX, AM4, DDR4, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen1, M.2, DVI-D, HDMI, AMD RYZEN 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen Ready £ $58

EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING, 06G-P4-1068-KR, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate £ $237

Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Module, Red £ $29

Western Digital WD 1TB PC Hard Drive - Blue £ $35

SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Up to 535 MB/s £ $56

Corsair CX600 Series 600W Power Supply Unit £ $28

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-05 Mid-Tower Gaming Case/Chassis - Black £ $48

By PC Builder http://bit.ly/2BF4Qi9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

With the DRAM light being on this is almost certainly not the issue, but just to check you've the monitor plugged into the graphics card and not the on the motherboard I/O panel.

Edit: The RAM you're using is not on the QVL, so it could judt be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Edit: The RAM you're using is not on the QVL, so it could judt be that.

Didn't even think of looking to see if the ram was compatible,head was melted trying to figure what was wrong, hopefully that's it.

Thanks

Advertisement