Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Match day Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Hope the chap went through with his instinct to captain him!

He did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

wonski wrote: »
    Barnes having a 10-14+ points in him based on what exactly?

There are few capable of it and he isn't on that list. And never was.

That comment aged well.

Also - who are the very few players capable of getting 10-14 in a single match?

If any midfielder scores and gets bonus they have nearly scored 10 already. Almost every midfielder is capable of that I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dice75 wrote: »
    He did.

Nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Burnley should have scored - off the post -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Said earlier Taylor was the only Burnley player I'd consider atm but I'd add Wood to the list. He's bullied Leicester's defence at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Some miss by Wood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Said earlier Taylor was the only Burnley player I'd consider atm but I'd add Wood to the list. He's bullied Leicester's defence at times.

Pity they didn't have a game last week, I'm sure he would have been in a few gameweek one teams here. Such good value imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dice75 wrote: »
    Maybe. Quite happy with start last week. Never having Auba although will admit was hoping he wouldnt score last week. never bringing him in this week either way. Martial is down my list of Utd players for next week but happy to let this week ride. Palace had out number last season at Old Trafford and wont be surprised if its the same Saturday even though they are slightly depleted. Time will tell.

Is an option, might be taken yet. Just fancy Barnes after watching last week, think he has a 10-14+ pointer in him at home to Burnley.

What a shout, fair play if you left C on him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Taylor and Justin my 2 players in that game.

Not bad considering I was hoping for a 0-0 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Great shout Dice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

85 all done. Dream start continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Might be time to put on your list

Quite happy with my 70+ points.

This goalfest can cloud our judgement tbh.

It's great to be right, but will you possibly consider giving him an armband based on what you see today?
    With so many players scoring double digits in one single week and majority of games ending with 5+ goals I don't even know what to do with all of them.

This is crazy start to the season tbh.

I wish most of those games were at 3pm on Saturday, we would not manage the updates in this thread lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

50pts all done. No DCL no Son, No Kane. Mitro my top performer. Expect to be well below average. Will probably go into week 3 50pts+ behind the leader in the work league and needing to take a 4pt got to get rid of ASM after his injury and also bring in DCL who is now essential.

It'll be a LONG day in the office tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

63 all in.

Happy with my start but feel it's way below average

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    That comment aged well.

Also - who are the very few players capable of getting 10-14 in a single match?

If any midfielder scores and gets bonus they have nearly scored 10 already. Almost every midfielder is capable of that I would have thought.

Well. Nearly.

14 requires two goal and let's face it it could be any player, but he won't be anywhere near top of the captain poll anytime soon and I stand by what I said there.

Not to say I wouldn't consider him never ever, but with those goals flying like that we will have to adjust.

Next week couple of 0-0, 1-0 games and we will prey to get one goal from captain.

I just try not to be over excited.

Spurs first shot on goal was after 47 minutes. Then he banged in 4. If someone offered me a free transfer to remove him after 40 minutes with anyone I would.

Happy I kept him, though.

I think I will give it one more week before doing anything major with my team and jumping on some players.

And watching them sometimes does more harm than good, like King last season. If you seen him playing you would remove after 5 minutes, mostly jammy goals or goalkeeper gifts. Yet provided points and outscored many who looked like having good chances.

I must say the start of the season is very interesting and hard to decide on anything when goals are flying like that. The defence points don't matter at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Anyone else hoping KDB doesn't get any mins v on Son and 1st sub 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

63 all in.

Happy with my start but feel it's way below average

That's a fine start. No need to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

Not happy with vardy.
    That's the 2nd week running he hasn't got a kick in open play.
    He just occupies defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Two 64's in a row. Again it's not spectacular but I made no transfers yet. Pretty pleased but I need to make a move this week to remove ASM and others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Disappointed Praet looks to be taking a BP but Justin missing out. Didn't think Praet did much outside the goal.

• Advertisement

Quite happy with my 70+ points.

This goalfest can cloud our judgement tbh.

It's great to be right, but will you possibly consider giving him an armband based on what you see today?
    With so many players scoring double digits in one single week and majority of games ending with 5+ goals I don't even know what to do with all of them.

This is crazy start to the season tbh.

I wish most of those games were at 3pm on Saturday, we would not manage the updates in this thread lol.

The comment that you relied to said that Barnes has a 10-14+ pointer in him
    and you said "There are few capable of it and he isn't on that list. And never was."

He was a double digit player last season and could have had it in GW1, he plays in a top 6 team that love to attack. Would you not tip your hat to the poster, instead of trying to say that the goal fest had clouded judgement. I reckon that Barnes will get at least another 4 double digit scores by end of season.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The comment that you relied to said that Barnes has a 10-14+ pointer in him
    and you said "There are few capable of it and he isn't on that list. And never was."

He was a double digit player last season and could have had it in GW1, he plays in a top 6 team that love to attack. Would you not tip your hat to the poster, instead of trying to say that the goal fest had clouded judgement. I reckon that Barnes will get at least another 4 double digit scores by end of season.

It wasn't meant to downplay the poster opinion.

More like as we all know voicing my own that Barnes is not popular captain material for a reason.

He is selected by 3. 5% of players and very few probably captained him.

And with so many midfield options it isn't something I would do meself.

As for the goal fest comment it was more of general nature rather than to this particular player.

We have been spoiled with goals.

Barnes was rarely captain material and even after this haul he might not be everyone's choice.

6 goals and 10 assists last year so there is a chance he will improve it, but would you consider him instead of one of two of your premium mids/attackers instead?

If Sterling or KDB hit 15 points tomorrow who would you captain the week after.

Having him is a good option, but it was captaining part that I have my doubts about.

Of course the poster is to be saluted for the selection. But we were here to discuss if it was a good option and I wasn't the only one to have my doubts.

It worked. He might get at least 4 double digit scores by the end of the season again. But the season is long.

I bet Salah will get more double digit scores than this season, too and that was my point.

Salah was poor today, though.

Very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mixed day with Son doing well along with double Pool CS but nothing from Salah and the less said about Bissouma and ASM the better! 68 all out feels very average

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Disappointed Praet looks to be taking a BP but Justin missing out. Didn't think Praet did much outside the goal.
    These bps are driving me mad. Aren't they supposed to add 3 winning goal bonus after the game? This doesn't seem to be happening. Son fell back one earlier. Justin stayed the same. A mid scores 4 goals in a game and doesn't get full bonus? Something wrong there.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like 57 all out for me unless my cheeky punt of starting Steer gets me anything. It was looking like a calamitous week for me but Leicester helped me hugely. I'll have a red arrow but not as big as I feared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

62 with Ramsdale & Podence to play. I'll take that.

Lundstram wrote: »
    These bps are driving me mad. Aren't they supposed to add 3 winning goal bonus after the game? This doesn't seem to be happening. Son fell back one earlier. Justin stayed the same. A mid scores 4 goals in a game and doesn't get full bonus? Something wrong there.

Very frustrating.

Are there better bps awarded for midfielders assisting than scoring and same for forwards scoring goals?

Otherwise it makes no sense.

I think we have to accept those bps and just move on.

At least it wasn't some random defender with zero involvement taking it away as it happened before (not from a player with 4 goals, but still).

Are there better bps awarded for midfielders assisting than scoring and same for forwards scoring goals?

Otherwise it makes no sense.

I think we have to accept those bps and just move on.

At least it wasn't some random defender with zero involvement taking it away as it happened before (not from a player with 4 goals, but still).

forwards getting more bps for scoring a goal than midfield players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

71 with Fleck to go. Captain Harvey rescued my week as main rival had the Mitro/Son/DCL trio.

Im guessing Son/Kane will be popular Captain choices next week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

32, with kdb Egan and Jimenez left. Disappointing especially since I used wildcard.

What happened Lamptey got no clean sheet or bonus? He was best player on the pitch in the first half!

No goals for captain Auba, nothing from Vardy, Wilson, Willian

Advertisement