Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Match day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lundstram wrote: »
    These bps are driving me mad. Aren't they supposed to add 3 winning goal bonus after the game? This doesn't seem to be happening. Son fell back one earlier. Justin stayed the same. A mid scores 4 goals in a game and doesn't get full bonus? Something wrong there.

Very frustrating.

Kane set up the 4 and scored 1 himself. It’s not as if he scored a lot more then the rest.

Similarly I’ve seen Salah scored 1 or 2 & never get 3bps or even 1 with defenders getting them. Reason always giving is he gave a way the ball a lot.

Watching the game today, Son could easily of got Kane in but for poor psssing. Still he got 81bps which Is massive but Kane’s influential on the game was just as impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ace2007 wrote: »
    forwards getting more bps for scoring a goal than midfield players

That's what I was thinking. Happened before iirc.

That one goal for Kane killed it, but I don't think we should complain anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

32, with kdb Egan and Jimenez left. Disappointing especially since I used wildcard.

What happened Lamptey got no clean sheet or bonus? He was best player on the pitch in the first half!

No goals for captain Auba, nothing from Vardy, Wilson, Willian

Because he came off with a slight injury before the 60-minute mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

54 points with Egan left to play.

Keeping Mitrovic and Ings kept me in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

39 all out

Horrific

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Well lads whoever talked me out of Son & Ings —> Bruno & DCL in the GW 2 transfer fred I owe you a pint. 87 for the GW and up to 63,200 OR. Patience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

79 all out for the week, 151 overall.

Decision to hold Son and Ings worked a dream. Have 2FTs to make some changes this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

171pts so my overall rank is 13,495

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

GW1: This FPL thing isnt that hard, maybe I'll enjoy taking it a bit more seriously again this season.

GW2: Kill me now.

28 points with Podence left.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

75 all out. HEWT.

Havertz to Bruno didn't work. Neither did giving Bruno the armband but patience paid off with Mane, Son and Mitro.

• Advertisement

Because he came off with a slight injury before the 60-minute mark.

Slight you say.

I don’t see any updates on the injury thread.

Was it a precaution sub or stretcher job ?

Whadda ya say whadda ya know ?

62-4 with Neto to go.

Could have been a LOT worse.

I imagine the average is quite high today, but I had a disaster of an accidental confirmation on transfers.

In went Aguero and Bamford.
    Out went Nekitiah and Kane.

Captain Auba was a bit of a let down compared to other choices. Namely main rival captaining Son.

Ho hum, early days. Probably wildcarding this week due to 4 flagged players... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This week was either a freak GW looking at the massive scores (a few got 160+) or could be the norm until football comes out of lockdown, crowds affect games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

48 so far, granted still with De Bruyne and Watkins to play, hopefully will finish 60+ points to salvage something.

Considering all the goals conceded over the weekend, still managed to get 6 points from my goalie and 19 points from my 3 defenders (24 points if mitchell is to be subbed on) so thats a plus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

36 last week, 87 this week. The typical ups and downs.

I do feel bad for anyone who sold Mane for Salah this week in a panic after GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

63 all in.

Happy with my start but feel it's way below average

Very similar to me, 80 and 61. I'm pretty satisfied with that. It's a long game, and I think there's some good players out there who are really struggling.

This type of score keeps us well in touch, shouldn't be more than 10 or 20 points off the lead in MLs.

Held off on transferring out Kane for Martial this week which was huge for me. 2 FTs now. Not sure what I'll do now as Kane has made himself undroppable now and I was planning on shifting around his funds - makes my transfers harder but a good problem to have I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

88 all out with Martinez and Baldock to go

Think I'll be using two free transfers to move St Maxim and Batshuyai out for Zaha and cheap striker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Morzadec wrote: »
    Very similar to me, 80 and 61. I'm pretty satisfied with that. It's a long game, and I think there's some good players out there who are really struggling.

This type of score keeps us well in touch, shouldn't be more than 10 or 20 points off the lead in MLs.

Held off on transferring out Kane for Martial this week which was huge for me. 2 FTs now. Not sure what I'll do now as Kane has made himself undroppable now and I was planning on shifting around his funds - makes my transfers harder but a good problem to have I suppose.

Agree totally.. two 64's for me and I'm two points clear of top player in my league. He has traore only to go. It's interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

115 points this week...somehow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

elefant wrote: »
    36 last week, 87 this week. The typical ups and downs.

I do feel bad for anyone who sold Mane for Salah this week in a panic after GW1.

Yep my main points this week came from players who had big Net Transfers out between GW1 and 2:

Mitrovic
    Mane
    Son
    Ings

Looking at the transfer movements this season already looks more knee jerk than usual.

I'm waiting until after the Carabao games to make my first transfer of the season. I believe in those 4 players above, and Werner who is nearing a drop ahead of playing WBA, Palace and Southampton in his next 3 games.... :confused: Why would you sell him now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ShimSlady wrote: »
    88 all out with Martinez and Baldock to go

Think I'll be using two free transfers to move St Maxim and Batshuyai out for Zaha and cheap striker

good to keep eye on price rises/fallers - zaha went up and Batman went down - so 0.2m swing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Here's the thing about kneejerk transfers, at least for me. Too many seasons I've had a line up I'm happy with and then maybe started okay but with one or two players underperforming. Each week I say to myself, "Not to worry, he'll come good next week" only to find myself getting hit by price drops and finding myself unable to shore up the problem, at least easily.

I imagine a lot of others are in the same boat and then you have people who are indeed panicking and others who are in money leagues and so transferring to make gains. With an eight game Gameweek 1 I'd say this exacerbated things as people bought players they weren't really intending on hanging on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

91pts - what a day yesterday. Kane, Son and Ings doing the business for me. Justin and TAA chipped in with nice scores too. Then some odd ones - returns from Taylor AND Lamptey but only ended up on 3 and 4. Delighted but of course, but I still feel fcuked over by Potter for taking Lamptey off at 57mins :pac: !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

One other point that i think a lot of players fail to understand is how tight the game is, i'm currently sitting around 965k, if i had 37 points more (i.e. had Salah in GW1 and had him captain), i would be in the top 50k - Hence there is no need to panic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

72 all out with no Everton players

266k overall

Pretty much better than at any point last season

As old seanfhocail goes: "HEWT"

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Ace2007 wrote: »
    good to keep eye on price rises/fallers - zaha went up and Batman went down - so 0.2m swing

Did it last night :)

Could city game be called off with Gundogan testing postive?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Could city game be called off with Gundogan testing postive?

No, it'll go ahead as planned. Gundogan will have to self isolate for 10 days however.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

83 and 86 for me

overall rank - 17,452

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

This week was either a freak GW looking at the massive scores (a few got 160+) or could be the norm until football comes out of lockdown, crowds affect games.

There are a lot of cheap penalties with VAR also

Advertisement