Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Another election win and they are all coming home

He has no time for destruction

Even his enemies acknowledge that

He's literally sent additional military equipment into Syria this weekend.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    After the Democrats shameful antics during the Brett Kavanaugh hearings they deserve another dose of "**** You."

Make America Great Again= Serving up One **** You after Another to Man-Children Democrats.

Lol. They think continuing to burn down their cities is a legitimate threat.

I think someone has been watching too much Tucker Carlson on Fox News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

It would be really great if they built sufficient momentum to have the court seriously examine the Roe V Wade cases with a view to overturning it.
    It would send a signal globally that it really is not ok and certainly not desirable to have such practices permissable by law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I think there's a relay baton being passed along with posters here, it's not just this thread, I've had this feeling in other Donnie threads, where things get too hot for a poster they drop out and someone else pops up either to distract or carry on the bull..

Maybe only me.. 🀷ðŸ»*♂️

It would be really great if they built sufficient momentum to have the court seriously examine the Roe V Wade cases with a view to overturning it.
    It would send a signal globally that it really is not ok and certainly not desirable to have such practices permissable by law.

Ive seen this cited everywhere....but what exactly is roe v wade??

• Advertisement

I thanked the post because I had completely forgotten about the fabricated rape accusation that Brett Kavanagh was accused of during his nomination process.

I don't want to be explaining why I am thanking posts, none of us should.

I don't even know why you're bring that man into this tbh..

Yeah let the mind run wild type of thinking, is a good position to hold in a discussion..

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Ive seen this cited everywhere....but what exactly is roe v wade??

Use google and find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Extraordinary Lady, what a legacy. Sadly politics as usual however with the Republicans looking to replace with a Conservative Justice before election. Have to say a rare, really rare sincere response from Trump when he heard of her passing.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

This, seems to be the thinking of US politics.. and these last few years have went to extremes..

THIS IS NOT A GOOD ROAD TO GO DOWN..

It starts a race of running towards a dictatorship, everything that the US mentality is against, yet because it favours "your thinking" in these moments, longer term... It is a sh!t show waiting to happen...

The other side doesn't see this...

The Democrats have been hyper partisan and childish the last number of years. You don't get to carry on like that and expect to receive grace and favor from the other. Trump and the GOP do not owe them anything. And you can bet the Democrats wouldn't try to rush someone through if the Senate was in their possession.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Pelezico wrote: »
    Use google and find out.

Nah, google leads me to fake news.

I’d like you to tell me.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Extraordinary Lady, what a legacy. Sadly politics as usual however with the Republicans looking to replace with a Conservative Justice before election. Have to say a rare, really rare sincere response from Trump when he heard of her passing.

Didn’t last long though

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1307321159113936896?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Faugheen wrote: »

It's a real world problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Pete... My friend...

McConnell, set a precedent in Obama's final year mate... Do you understand this?

McConnell, a republican, an avid trump b!tch.. said "you don't appoint SCJ in the final year of a presendicy"... Yet here we are...

Rules being broken to favour the few... And screw everyone else????

Trump's not in his final year. He's running as an incumbent.

The Democrats have already let it be known that they will contest the election results [remember when they said Trump was a threat to democracy if he didn't accept the results?]

The Supreme Court will come will come into play and a full court will be needed. Trump and the Gop would be fools not to have it in their favor. The only thing the Democrats are crying about is that they can't stack it in their favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Faugheen wrote: »
    Nah, google leads me to fake news.

I’d like you to tell me.

Roe vs Wade was a famous ping pong match immortalised by Tom Hanks in the movie Forrest Gump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,055 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I think there's a relay baton being passed along with posters here, it's not just this thread, I've had this feeling in other Donnie threads

This isn't a Donnie thread

There has been a mod warning to keep the thread on topic already, if the thread goes down a rabbit hole again like it did this morning it will be closed

Pete... My friend...

McConnell, set a precedent in Obama's final year mate... Do you understand this?

A lot of water under the bridge since then.
    McConnell, a republican, an avid trump b!tch.. said "you don't appoint SCJ in the final year of a presendicy"... Yet here we are...

Biden said:

https://twitter.com/AmericaFirstPAC/status/1307360050264956928
    Rules being broken to favour the few... And screw everyone else????

About that water under the bridge: There was supposed to be a peaceful transition of power according to Obama and there wasn't. Democrats used their powers of impeachment and didn't care of being respectful of the rules. Going as far as too hide testimony that would have left no doubt that Trump was innocent of the absurd allegations leveled at him. Whistleblower forms reformatted to accommodate lies from disgruntled staffers. Democrats have not given a crap about rules since Trump was elected so spare me that sanctimonious nonsense. They did what they liked the past three years and so that's what Trump / the Senate should do now.

The Supreme Court will come will come into play and a full court will be needed. Trump and the Gop would be fools not to have it in their favor. The only thing the Democrats are crying about is that they can't stack it in their favor.

Courts aren't supposed to be in anyone's favor.

Courts aren't supposed to be in anyone's favor.

Maybe if the Democrats stopped stacking the courts with activists pretending to be judges then.

I know this has been pointed out to you already and you choose to ignore it and carry on with this nonsense. Moscow Mitch set the precedent and convention in 2016 and the Democrats are simply stating that he should continue to do so. This is fairly easy to understand.

• Advertisement

Maybe if the Democrats stopped stacking the courts with activists pretending to be judges then.

The only ones stacking the courts now are the GOP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I know this has been pointed out to you already and you choose to ignore it and carry on with this nonsense. Moscow Mitch set the precedent and convention in 2016 and the Democrats are simply stating that he should continue to do so. This is fairly easy to understand.

I literally just quoted that point and then addressed it.

Democrats have broken every rule in the book in their efforts to take down Trump and so in my view he / the Senate should return the favour. I don't believe for a second that if the current democrats were in power today, with the same circumstances, that they wouldn't take full advantage. Damn right they would.

The only ones stacking the courts now are the GOP.

You don't spend years threatening a civil war and not expect the other side to not prepare for it.

You don't spend years threatening a civil war and not expect the other side to not prepare for it.

What are you on about? The only people I would expect to try this nonsense would be the crazy right-wing militias. The right are a far bigger threat.

Trump's not in his final year. He's running as an incumbent.

The Democrats have already let it be known that they will contest the election results [remember when they said Trump was a threat to democracy if he didn't accept the results?]

He's not in his final year? I'm near sure POTUS term are 4 years karate (no guarantee of a second term).. yes Obama was in a final year of a two year term, can you point me to were it is saying that Donnie is not in his final months of a first term presidensy?

Hilarity doesn't ensue, with your last remarks.. those remarks were used against Obama, plus he was also in his term as president bit got cock blocked because a president was being set, it is now being broke by the same man who set it.. this is what you and your kind do not get, this kind of "gamesmanship" is the road to ruin in a democratic state and will lead too a dictatorship, yet you and others here on an Irish forum are fcuking blind to, and are cheering on.

Can you in your idiocy see the contradiction in what you've said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,639 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I literally just quoted that point and then addressed it.

Democrats have broken every rule in the book in their efforts to take down Trump and so in my view he / the Senate should return the favour. I don't believe for a second that if the current democrats were in power today, with the same circumstances, that they wouldn't take full advantage. Damn right they would.

Lyndsey Graham 2016
    "I want you to use my words against me. If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination."

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP

Yeah, I've not spoken those letters to a great woman, I think she'll understand..

Rip to her, she'll never be forgotten for what she has achieved in the progress of humanity.. the conservative view, we'd be still in the fecking sea if they had it there way that long ago, we'd never progress to were we are now.

We'd be dump single cell organisms for ever.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I've never known much about her, but will do my research.

RIP.

I also don't know much about the American political system, but isn't the judiciary supposed to be apolitical?

• Advertisement

What are you on about? The only people I would expect to try this nonsense would be the crazy right-wing militias. The right are a far bigger threat.

Yeah because its right wing militias that have been rioting and looting and burning down cities on and off since May. :rolleyes:

Advertisement