Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

You were right, BREAKING NEWS:

They have him now.

The last part sounds more like something Bill Clinton would do and say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Billy Mays wrote: »
    People don't actually believe that was the first Trump heard of RBG's death, do they?

Of course not. It was known when he was at the rally. His reaction was set up. Not a big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I'm not sure why Donnie's reaction is the talking point, the bigger story is from the words of McConnell..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Oh please - 'thousands of horrible things' - it was quite clear he was genuinely saddened by Ginsburg's death, a political rival whose death is somewhat advantageous for his party and him, let's not forget, and on hearing of her death he immediately had empathy for her and paid her respect on how she conducted her life. You can pick holes in that if you wish but sometimes it's not always about what someone says, but the manner in which they say it, and it was clear from how Trump reacted to the news of her death that he is ultimately a genuinely decent human being despite how the media and liberals like to portray him, which is generally that he is the devil incarnate and a narcissistic one at that.

Not so fast.

Let's put his reaction in the 'For' column while in the 'Against' column there is also;
    'I did try and **** her... I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married'
    'You can do anything you want when you are famous, grab them by the pu**y, whatever'
    'She was bleeding from her whatever'
    'You know, it really doesn't matter what the media write, as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass.'
    'All of the women on the apprentice flirted with me, consciously or sub-consciously, that's to be expected'
    'I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.'
    'Before a show, I'll go backstage and everyone's getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it...You know, they're standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.'
    'Ariana Huffington is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man--he made a good decision.'

Still think he is ultimately a decent human being?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yes.

He's crude and rude sometimes but that don't make him a bad guy. Give me that any day over an exemplary orator who never says what he feels as he's really a snake set on destroying America from within. You get what you see with Trump. He's a bit rough around the edges but people are sick of pandering politicians like Biden who just say what they think will get them votes but don't really mean a word of it.

Yes.

He's crude and rude sometimes but that don't make him a bad guy. Give me that any day over an exemplary orator that never says what he feels as he's really a snake set on destroying America from within. You get what you see with Trump. He's a bit rough around the edges but people are sick of pandering politicians like Biden who just says what he thinks will get him votes.

We are going off topic so feel free to ignore this for that reason but can you give one example which shows Biden is set on destroying America from within?

Just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You were right, BREAKING NEWS:

They have him now.
    Did you come up with that yourself Pete?

It's very good icon14.png

Yes.

He's crude and rude sometimes but that don't make him a bad guy. Give me that any day over an exemplary orator who never says what he feels as he's really a snake set on destroying America from within. You get what you see with Trump. He's a bit rough around the edges but people are sick of pandering politicians like Biden who just say what they think will get them votes but don't really mean a word of it.

Crude and rude is what you think talking about your own daughter like that is?

I was thinking I wanted them happy pills you take, I'll give em a wide birth.. Pete, you have to realise by now that whatever he can say, you'll be fine with it, can you not see how wrong that is?

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    He expressed his support for Defunding/disbanding Police.

Link please. Just so we know exactly what we are dealing with. Suspect it is acknowledging that the police system needs reform which is the reverse of destroying it from within.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I too would like to see a quote from Biden saying he supports defunding/disbanding the police.

In your own good time of course.

We are going off topic so feel free to ignore this for that reason but can you give one example which shows Biden is set on destroying America from within? Just one.

lol. I was talking about Obama. That gave me a chuckle that you'd think I was calling Biden an exemplary orator :P
    Crude and rude is what you think talking about your own daughter like that is?

Ah the daughter stuff is just him being cheeky. Ivanka seems to love him and so what's the issue?
    Pete, you have to realise by now that whatever he can say, you'll be fine with it, can you not see how wrong that is?

I've condemned Trump for lots of things.

lol. I was talking about Obama. That gave me a chuckle that you'd think I was calling Biden an exemplary orator :P

Ah the daughter stuff is just him being cheeky. Ivanka seems to love him and so what's the issue?

Yeah sure what's wrong with "if she wasn't my daughter" type thinking..

You wanna throw up a link for your condemnation of Donnie, I can honestly say I've read zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

The cognitive dissonance on display is mind bending.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

She will have to answer to God now.

Brian? wrote: »
    Because Pete wanted to use it as an example of what a great guy Trump is.

When he's actually a disgraceful human being.

Makes sense, didn't think it was Pete that brought it up was thinking he used it as a defense, which is paper thin considering the multitude of stuff against him..

But yeah, that's all spin and fake news in the world of forever trumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,476 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Name three.

Trump presides over a rally celebrating

“Ginsburg is dead!”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-rally-crowd-yells-ginsburg-is-dead-as-trump-brags-about-getting-to-select-2-supreme-court-justices/

This is beyond deplorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Overheal wrote: »

“Ginsburg is dead!”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-rally-crowd-yells-ginsburg-is-dead-as-trump-brags-about-getting-to-select-2-supreme-court-justices/

I’m no Trump fan, but your representation of that video clip is beyond deplorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I’m no Trump fan, but your representation of that video clip is beyond deplorable.
    Moreso than Trump pretending he didn't know RBG was dead?

• Advertisement

Can’t get more categorical than what Lindsey Graham said here a few years ago about this exact scenario.

About what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Why didn't God, (whichever one it is that you are referring to) do something about her when she was alive and maybe save some of those murdered babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Why didn't God, (whichever one it is that you are referring to) do something about her when she was alive and maybe save some of those murdered babies?

It's not up to God to interfere in every evil act commited by man or woman. Judgement will be reserved when their soul leaves this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

It's not up to God to interfere in every evil act commited by man or woman. Judgement will be reserved when their soul leaves this world.

Seems a bit unfair on all those murdered babies then, anyway which or whose God is this? Not an all merciful one im thinking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

“Ginsburg is dead!”

Your desperation to mention Trump is every single post is truely laughable and a bit sad tbh. I worry about your mental wellbeing when he gets re-elected.

You should go for a walk and forget about him for a while. That sort of obsession is bad for you on so many levels.

If all things are equal and consistent this should still be relevant

attachment.php?attachmentid=526844&d=1600534502

Yeah sure what's wrong with "if she wasn't my daughter" type thinking.

Ah it was said playfully for heaven sake. Stop making something out of nothing.
    You wanna throw up a link for your condemnation of Donnie, I can honestly say I've read zero.
    Name three.

Not going looking for posts but you're welcome to. I've condemned him for reversing an Obama Executive Order that brought transparency re civilian deaths in war zones, for what I felt was him being disrespectful to the Kurds when announcing Syrian withdrawal of troops, saying publicly the Bidens were guilty of corruption and recently that the legal fees offer for some nutjob that someone posted up, but that may have not been true.

If all things are equal and consistent this should still be relevant

[img][/img]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=526844&d=1600534502

Two times previously a SCJ was nominated when appropriate? Yet it's when Obama is president, they invoke the "don't nominate a SCJ in your last term" bullsh!t..

The US under Donnie is on a race to the bottom.. it's a sad sight to see. It will lead to a very bad situation years down the line for them.. I think this is what the GOP do not understand, it's a win now pay later strategy, it's not a good one to play for anyone.

• Advertisement

Published minutes after the death of Antonin Scalia

https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/698666807167549440?s=21

Advertisement