Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

That's why people go down to hell to be tormented by demons when their time is up. God has been clear in his message. We either follow the world which is controlled by the Devil or we follow God's message. Too many people think it's all a joke and they never get a second chance when they leave this world.
    Why would the devil punish and torment people who end up in hell? Surely if you're an awful person who leads a terrible life Satan is going to reward you? Coke and hookers for eternity by my reckoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The left is producing industrial quantities of salt over this. I love it :D

All about owning the libs for the Trumpists. They've nothing else to stand for.

It's not up to God to interfere in every evil act commited by man or woman. Judgement will be reserved when their soul leaves this world.

Ah the cop out

Overheal wrote: »
    Published minutes after the death of Antonin Scalia

https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/698666807167549440?s=21

We know Moscow Mitch is utterly deplorable - a man with no principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's not up to God to interfere in every evil act commited by man or woman. Judgement will be reserved when their soul leaves this world.

Too busy making sure the right person is president and ensuring football players get their superbowl rings :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Ah the cop out

The entire concept of religion is just one big cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Ah it was said playfully for heaven sake. Stop making something out of nothing.

Not going looking for posts but you're welcome to. I've condemned him for reversing an Obama Executive Order that brought transparency re civilian deaths in war zones, for what I felt was him being disrespectful to the Kurds when announcing Syrian withdrawal of troops, saying publicly the Bidens were guilty of corruption and recently that the legal fees offer for some nutjob that someone posted up, but that may have not been true.

Yeah he seems like the playful type of fella when the cameras are rolling.. It's such a strange comment to make don't you think? It's out of the ordinary, it's not a comment a comedian or at least I've heard say.. I've disagreed with a few comedic jokes.. To consider this "playful" is some disingenuous bull imo.. some serious playing down going on here.

I've no idea about searching posts, and no interest.. I'm going off my own recollection of your posts, you've said you've condemned him, I've asked for proof.. your lack of links I'll take that as you talking bull? Very much like Donnie.

Just on the civilian deaths part, if you did condemn it fair dues.. I think this was a huge mistake for him, for a man of wanting to be getting out of foreign wars and getting troops home speil, why hide these figures? That doesn't make sense to me. Why would a "peaceful POTUS" hide these away... Mhmmm.. I'm guessing not so peaceful? Like you are, maybe...

Overheal wrote: »
    Published minutes after the death of Antonin Scalia

https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/698666807167549440?s=21

This, this, this....

This is the story of the passing RBG..

McConnell is the absolute depts of deplorable that can be reached.. a disgusting POS! How Americans have kept him near levers of power is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

nthclare wrote: »
    I suggest he tries the Atheism and Agnosticism forum, Nurse Ratchet over there would love him :)

They don't like the truth over there. They will try insult, mock and scoff but when they have no answers then bans are given.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

They don't like the truth over there. They will try insult, mock and scoff but when they have no answers then bans are given.

LOL isn't that the truth of it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

Thread has gone off the rails big time today, I have removed a very large (70+) number of posts that are completely off topic.

Thread is not BLM part 2, thread is not about the world's religions

Stick to the topic in the op or don't post, simple.

This, this, this....

This is the story of the passing RBG..

McConnell is the absolute depts of deplorable that can be reached.. a disgusting POS! How Americans have kept him near levers of power is crazy.

The people of Kentucky need to take a good look at themselves. Kentucky is in the bottom quartile of States in the US for education standards, college level education, household income, GDP per capita and a host of other measures. McConnell has done nothing for them but they vote for him anyway. The GOP love the poorly educated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

ALL of the SC judges bring their political views. It's why they are appointed.

It's also because they are human beings.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The people of Kentucky need to take a good look at themselves. Kentucky is in the bottom quartile of States in the US for education standards, college level education, household income, GDP per capita and a host of other measures. McConnell has done nothing for them but they vote for him anyway. The GOP love the poorly educated.

Yet, we are told that everyone else believes the fake MSM narritives, how that turd can be voted in continuesly, there's something wrong, yet when this cnut has with out doubt made a living off that type of his sh!te it's A okay..

It seems there is no middle ground being sought in the US, it's an all out war between themselves, and only one side see's this and they're okay with going down this road.

Nuts!

Danzy wrote: »
    It's also because they are human beings.

Yeah, just like the LGBQT community.. BUT....

The conservative peeps... Do not see this.

How are wrong is that, Danzy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

namloc1980 wrote: »
    All about owning the libs for the Trumpists. They've nothing else to stand for.

After the Democrats shameful antics during the Brett Kavanaugh hearings they deserve another dose of "**** You."

Make America Great Again= Serving up One **** You after Another to Man-Children Democrats.

Lol. They think continuing to burn down their cities is a legitimate threat.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    After the Democrats shameful antics during the Brett Kavanaugh hearings they deserve another dose of "**** You."

Make America Great Again= Serving up One **** You after Another to Man-Children Democrats.

Lol. They think continuing to burn down their cities is a legitimate threat.

This, seems to be the thinking of US politics.. and these last few years have went to extremes..

THIS IS NOT A GOOD ROAD TO GO DOWN..

It starts a race of running towards a dictatorship, everything that the US mentality is against, yet because it favours "your thinking" in these moments, longer term... It is a sh!t show waiting to happen...

The other side doesn't see this...

Yeah, and no surprises who has thanked Karate's post..

This what these people on this forum want... A fast race towards the bottom..

This, seems to be the thinking of US politics.. and these last few years have went to extremes..

THIS IS NOT A GOOD ROAD TO GO DOWN..

It starts a race of running towards a dictatorship, everything that the US mentality is against, yet because it favours "your thinking" in these moments, longer term... It is a sh!t show waiting to happen...

The other side doesn't see this...

Tbh the biggest problem with america,and 1 area il gladly give trump credit,is they havnt started any wars......but without a distraction of a war,they have turned on each other

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Surprise, surprise, Hillary has a different view to the one she held in 2016.

Her thoughts today:
    "The Democrats who are in the Senate will have to use every single possible maneuver that is available to them to make it clear that they are not going to permit Mitch McConnell to enact the greatest travesty, the monument to hypocrisy that would arise from him attempting to fill this position"

https://twitter.com/ConservaMomUSA/status/1307177137103872002

However, here's Hillary's thoughts in 2016:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/698675522956607488

• Advertisement

Her thoughts today:

Pete... My friend...

McConnell, set a precedent in Obama's final year mate... Do you understand this?

McConnell, a republican, an avid trump b!tch.. said "you don't appoint SCJ in the final year of a presendicy"... Yet here we are...

Rules being broken to favour the few... And screw everyone else????

Her thoughts today:

There's nothing inconsistent in her thoughts on this. McConnell set the precedent and convention in 2016. The Democrats need to do what they can to hold him to that and expose his hypocrisy.

Tbh the biggest problem with america,and 1 area il gladly give trump credit,is they havnt started any wars......but without a distraction of a war,they have turned on each other

"Started" any wars...

Has he continued them the Obama wars? The man he fcuking hates...

Check in with Yemen, mate.. the peeps there are doing great...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

"Started" any wars...

Has he continued them the Obama wars? The man he fcuking hates...

Check in with Yemen, mate.. the peeps there are doing great...

Another election win and they are all coming home

He has no time for destruction

Even his enemies acknowledge that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Pete... My friend...

McConnell, set a precedent in Obama's final year mate... Do you understand this?

McConnell, a republican, an avid trump b!tch.. said "you don't appoint SCJ in the final year of a presendicy"... Yet here we are...

Rules being broken to favour the few... And screw everyone else????

Do you not really think that the Democrats would not try the same thing if they were in the Republicans position. Both sides are as bad as each other, they scew everyone else and look after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Yeah, and no surprises who has thanked Karate's post..

This what these people on this forum want... A fast race towards the bottom..

I thanked the post because I had completely forgotten about the fabricated rape accusation that Brett Kavanagh was accused of during his nomination process.

I don't want to be explaining why I am thanking posts, none of us should.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Do you not really think that the Democrats would not try the same thing if they were in the Republicans position. Both sides are as bad as each other, they scew everyone else and look after themselves.

They did, and the Republicans said no.

The Republicans have set the standard here. They said a SCJ shouldn’t be appointed until the final year of a term when the primaries have already started.

The Republicans, not the Democrats, set this precedent.

‘Sure the Democrats would do the same’ doesn’t actually wash from what the GOP have done in the past.

"All" coming home?

He in his own moments of truth, has said this won't be happening.. where are you getting that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why not in the last four years?

• Advertisement

Girly Gal wrote: »

Yet, when a standard is set.. let's look past it when it suits your view, even when the standard that has been set by you (McConnell) only 4 years ago...

Girly gal, I'm on the other side of things here, I would call this bull out for what it is.. it's seriously low stuff. Yet the GOP boy's here on am Irish forum will not hear of this thinking.. mental stuff!

Advertisement