Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint mortgage application current account statements

• 19-09-2020 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking to apply for a joint mortgage with my partner.the mortgage amount is well inside the 3.5 times our salary. We have excellent regular savings built up for deposit and work in two safe professions

Neither have any bad credit history so everything is good the only problem is my last six months banks statements aren't clean as I'd like..my partner's statements are good.im wondering how much of an impact my statements will have on the overall joint mortgage..

Firstly we currently don't pay rent so I'm lodging money every month into my partner's account..I'm lodging maybe 700 euro more than I'd be paying on monthly mortgage repayments. So to the underwriter it should look like I'm well able to afford repayments.

Problem with my statements is I have an authorised overdraft of 500 with bank and in last three of six months I've overdrawn by maybe 200-300 euro towards the last week of the month before I get paid..then one month I didn't realise I reached my limit and the day my wages came in, I also had an unpaid direct debit.

Am I in trouble with this one off unpaid direct debit and my account using overdraft.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

keep the 700 in your account going overdrawn will damage your chances

Advertisement