Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restrictions Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Maybe there should be big fines for non-Dublin hotels who accept guests from Dublin?

Or curtain twitchers like yourself could get a life locked at home in your cupboard watching George lee on loop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭jasonb

Do we know when Dublin being level 3 is currently planned to be lifted? All I've heard so far is '3 weeks', but I can't find an exact date online. So does that mean it's currently planned to be lifted on midnight of Friday 9th October?

I remember the Kildare lockdown was for 2 weeks, but when they said two weeks they actually meant from a Friday night to a Sunday night two weeks later, i.e. 16 days later (which, of course, then got extended anyhow).

Any ideas?

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Are all train, bus and coach journeys prohibited?

If not, then how would fining drivers work?

Then you need to ask what have coach drivers done to worsen covid and why should they be fined for something that they may not be responsible for?

We've been told that the main reason for the further spread of covid is house parties and the like.

Why would we hold the likes of restaurant owners, publicans or public transport provider responsible and not these homeowners?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have another question .People seem to have a different view on the meaning

So you can have 6 people from 1 household visit you at any given time
    So does this mean you can ONLY have 1 household visit you over the three weeks or does it mean you can have visitors of six people at different times ?
    No one seems to know the answer

One household today, another tomorrow is fine.

Glynn was asked this and confirmed, ideally you cut your contacts though but you don’t have to nominate one household for the 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    One household today, another tomorrow is fine.

Glynn was asked this and confirmed, ideally you cut your contacts though but you don’t have to nominate one household for the 3 weeks.

Thank you for the reply . I didn’t hear Glynn but good to know the answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

road_high wrote: »
    A succes of what? We have been here before...we’ve done this all before a few months ago...if it was an actual success then the exercise would not need repeating so soon again.
    To be blunt people like you are in la la land

Look into your crystal ball and advise us all of a possible solution.
    I think the whole country in la la land, guidelines we can fallow if we please.
    I know exactly what i am doing, i do not think the restrictions being introduced will work as we are really immature in dealing with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Short of having gardai on every road leaving and entering Dublin 24 hours a day then there is very little that can be done.

Some times the simplest solution is the best..

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQU1K9wMiJ3pUvP90qvbMZVnOI1QE99WrEj4g&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Or curtain twitchers like yourself could get a life locked at home in your cupboard watching George lee on loop

Maybe you should reset your sarcasm detector.

This lockdown is ridiculous and people from outside Dublin rejoicing in it is stupid in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭AUDI20

You'll be pinned to the ground against your will for not complying with some implied law that doesn't seem to exist.
    The Government were pulled up on this two week ago and have went against all legal experts in how there communicating what is and isn't lawful for people to do.

You do know what the word "Advisory' means.

You have to question our mentality as a people and I just heard an example on the news.
    Listowel races are on next week and despite the fact people cannot attend there is an expectation will travel to Listowel.

• Advertisement

You'll be pinned to the ground against your will for not complying with some implied law that doesn't seem to exist.
    The Government were pulled up on this two week ago and have went against all legal experts in how there communicating what is and isn't lawful for people to do.

If the Government can be pulled up by lawyers for making laws to protect the people and their families who democratically into office to do this I would suggest we have a serious problem.
    This problem being legal profession, are lawyers running this Country...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

If the Government can be pulled up by lawyers for making laws to protect the people and their families who democratically into office to do this I would suggest we have a serious problem.

Yes, the government being beholden to laws and the Constitution is a serious problem.
    Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who are they protecting exactly, were long past the point of unintended consequences. They've destroyed people's livelyhoods, we've over 700,000 waiting for a hospital appointment, our social interactions are outlawed. To top it off we have a younger generation who think this is normal and an older generation that think the younger generation should be locked up because they won't stop having house Party's.
    We've a serious problem and if you think career gombeen politicans are the ones to save us your very much mistaken.

We need the legal profession to stop this Abuse of Power. What's there doing is legally dubious at best.

Who are they protecting exactly, were long past the point of unintended consequences. They've destroyed people's livelyhoods, we've over 700,000 waiting for a hospital appointment, our social interactions are outlawed. To top it off we have a younger generation who think this is normal and an older generation that think the younger generation should be locked up because they won't stop having house Party's.
    We've a serious problem and if you think career gombeen politicans are the ones to save us your very much mistaken.

We need the legal profession to stop this Abuse of Power. What's there doing is legally dubious at best.

You have a valid point.
    It may be we should all do as we please and it takes who it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Insidious

People need to buy in to it and do their part.. who cares if the gardai can't enforce it.. just do it because it's the right thing to do... Dublin is out if control and needs some temporary measures to slow covid down... That should be all that matters. Is it sh1t? Yes... Is it frustrating? Yes.... Is 2020 crap? Yes... Is it worth it to save lives? Absolutely... We have to suck if up and stay home. It's not the end of the world... It's just getting beyond old..

Insidious wrote: »
    People need to buy in to it and do their part.. who cares if the gardai can't enforce it.. just do it because it's the right thing to do... Dublin is out if control and needs some temporary measures to slow covid down... That should be all that matters. Is it sh1t? Yes... Is it frustrating? Yes.... Is 2020 crap? Yes... Is it worth it to save lives? Absolutely... We have to suck if up and stay home. It's not the end of the world... It's just getting beyond old..

Youare absolutely right and as someone said here Government challenged by lawyers for me is crazy.
    Each person is responsible for to make sure they do not pass-it-on as we have no control of how we might contact.
    I was listening to radio after announcement yesterday and there was business interests in straight away about their concerns.
    We are so IMMATURE about covid??

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

At least it was outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I travelled from the North Circular Road to Leixlip yesterday for child care purposes. Not a Garda insight

They were very mannerly and cleared out of his way in ten mins. No big deal, just young people drinking and having fun. Twenty years ago we did stuff like this as teens too.
    Course the usual outrage brigade wanted the Gardai there. All he needed was then to move and he could get into cut his crops with the combine harvester

• Advertisement

ShyMets wrote: »
    I travelled from the North Circular Road to Leixlip yesterday for child care purposes. Not a Garda insight

Good. Maybe they’re staring to realise they’re like modern day king Canutes trying to stop an endemic virus with pointless checkpoints

They were very mannerly and cleared out of his way in ten mins. No big deal, just young people drinking and having fun. Twenty years ago we did stuff like this as teens too.
    Course the usual outrage brigade wanted the Gardai there. All he needed was then to move and he could get into cut his crops with the combine harvester

I would say it is a big deal, I would not consider people who are putting the health of others and their own families at home mannerly.
    If they had any manners they would have respect that this pandemic is dangerous, there be loads of time for parties if we get pandemic under control.
    It they were around drinking age they should know better.
    The 20 year ago comparison is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

Excuse me.

But unless I am breaking any laws by leaving Dublin, why on earth should I be confined within the county?

Surely if one follows the public health advice (washing hands, wearing a mask, social distance, etc), these restrictions are redundant?

I've been compliant from the beginning, but I find that these restrictions are draconian. It just sticks in my craw that I cannot travel freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Qprmeath wrote: »

Brazilians down from Dublin he says. So not only were they having an illegal rave, they left Dublin to travel to Meath :rolleyes:

Darragh McCullough lives in Meath, so don’t think it was North County Dublin as you say.

Excuse me.

But unless I am breaking any laws by leaving Dublin, why on earth should I be confined within the county?

Surely if one follows the public health advice (washing hands, wearing a mask, social distance, etc), these restrictions are redundant?

I've been compliant from the beginning, but I find that these restrictions are draconian. It just sticks in my craw that I cannot travel freely.

I am doing exactly as you are and have being abroad where I was masks compulsory outdoors and everyone wearing even most young children I seen.
    We all have a part to play and there should be no need for enforcement if people try to stop the spread. I was talking to friend who lives abroad and on the spot fine of €100 for not wearing mask.
    The impression I am getting is people can travel freely but advised not to.

Brazilians down from Dublin he says. So not only were they having an illegal rave, they left Dublin to travel to Meath :rolleyes:

Darragh McCullough lives in Meath, so don’t think it was North County Dublin as you say.

It was jus north of Balbriggan in County Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

It was jus north of Balbriggan in County Dublin

Ah fair enough, it sounded like it was outside Dublin when he said “All Brazilians down from Dublin”. And his Twitter says he lives in Meath, also Amanda Smith is a councillor in Meath County Council.

Still the same danger though - the illegal rave with hundreds of people is bad enough, but there would’ve been multiple people travelling together in cars different. You can even see a hire car in the clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jasonb wrote: »
    Do we know when Dublin being level 3 is currently planned to be lifted? All I've heard so far is '3 weeks', but I can't find an exact date online. So does that mean it's currently planned to be lifted on midnight of Friday 9th October?

I remember the Kildare lockdown was for 2 weeks, but when they said two weeks they actually meant from a Friday night to a Sunday night two weeks later, i.e. 16 days later (which, of course, then got extended anyhow).

Any ideas?

Thanks...

I think 3 weeks of level 3 but with cases rising could be level 4 by next week

If everyone complies and takes their own responsibility, no parties, raves or gatherings hopefully cases should decrease

Ah fair enough, it sounded like it was outside Dublin when he said “All Brazilians down from Dublin”. And his Twitter says he lives in Meath, also Amanda Smith is a councillor in Meath County Council.

Still the same danger though - the illegal rave with hundreds of people is bad enough, but there would’ve been multiple people travelling together in cars different. You can even see a hire car in the clip.

The river they crossed is the Meath/Dublin border

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Saw them this morn piling out onto the r132 at about 8.30/8.40. One girl sqatting at the side of the road for a wee, or worse. They were heading in the direction of a garda car just around the bend, who had just pulled over a car. A lot of these might be renting rooms in family homes, and of course the host families are probably oblivious to what is going on. Most people are doing their best to stick to the guidlines to keep themselves and their families safe.
    I was supposed to go to centre parcs in april, was cancelled. Booked again for 3 weeks time, which looks like we will have to cancel again. My blood boils when i see people not giving a crap about their behaviour in the middle of a pandemic.

Advertisement