Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restrictions Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Rebels be gone. Feck off right now.

Our Gardai cannot do anything or won't do anything, so the law abiders are punished with lockdown. Lovely country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

dan1895 wrote: »

These people know that NO GARDA will attempt to enter those flats.

It's a joke folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

dan1895 wrote: »

Jesus. That looks like in the middle of a block of flats?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Jesus. That looks like in the middle of a block of flats?

Thats because it is in the middle of a block of flats

Place left in absolute sh1te to boot

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1307767800967163906

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

The Brazillians at the rave may not know their geography, but that field with the ruins is just on the Dublin side of the border, barely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

These people know that NO GARDA will attempt to enter those flats..

Yea the Gards didn't do there job here... Oh wait...

Gardai were alerted to the incident at 11.15pm.

But officers stated “no breaches were detected by gardai.”

A garda spokesman said: “Gardaí responded to reports of a gathering at a residential complex on Oliver Bond Street at approximately 11.15pm yesterday evening, Saturday 20th September 2020.

“Gardaí attended the scene and requested all persons to disperse, which they did. No breaches were detected by Gardaí.

“A number of routine patrols were conducted in the area over the course of the evening.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 AppleMaggot

This is the governments fault obviously. The real reason the residents behave in this manner is because they don’t get enough dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Jesus, the amount of nitrous oxide canisters (aka laughing gas) on the ground.

I wonder who’ll clean that up? :rolleyes:

If I got that crowd of ******* on our land I’d be straight back for the slurry tank and I’d paint them all with sh1te. I’m hopping mad just reading the tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Fair play to the guards for breaking it up, however, how do they maintain no breaches took place?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

The Brazillians at the rave may not know their geography, but that field with the ruins is just on the Dublin side of the border, barely.

I don't think they give a sh*t where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Fair play to the guards for breaking it up, however, how do they maintain no breaches took place?

The Gardaí can do nothing as our Government are uncapable of making laws.
    If today I get stopped at checkpoint with tax I will be either fined or have car taken away from me.
    However if I get stopped for not adhering to rules that endangers other people sure that's grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The denizens of the Oliver Bond flats would usually be the types attacking Brazilians on their take away delivery rounds but it's clear from the footage that both sets enjoy a lockdown rave - common ground for rebuilding relations you'd hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Someone on radio saying the market at Dun Laoire and Marley Park were packed yesterday with lots not wearing masks and not social distancing.
    It's all over the postcodes not just that shower of ass*oles at the flats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The denizens of the Oliver Bond flats would usually be the types attacking Brazilians on their take away delivery rounds but it's clear from the footage that both sets enjoy a lockdown rave - common ground for rebuilding relations you'd hope.

The farmer on whose land the Brazilians had a party on was quite complimentary to them.

He said they moved on respectfully when asked by him and some went around with black bin bags cleaning up. Doesn't make what happened right of course.

Mannix Flynn was saying heroin and coke wrappings found at Oliver Bond amongst the mess left behind.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Someone on radio saying the market at Dun Laoire and Marley Park were packed yesterday with lots not wearing masks and not social distancing.
    I was at St. Anne's Market on Saturday and it was reasonably spaced for the most part although the queue for fish was a bit close. Wore my own mask when queuing for food, just because, but separation wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

The reality is that the gardai don't have the enforcement powers that they had in April and everyone knows that.

Not much evidence of people paying heed to the lockdown. Traffic on the N11 northbound was very busy today and not eveyone could have been going from wexford to dundalk !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

deckie66 wrote: »
    The reality is that the gardai don't have the enforcement powers that they had in April and everyone knows that.

Not much evidence of people paying heed to the lockdown. Traffic on the N11 northbound was very busy today and not eveyone could have been going from wexford to dundalk !

I just don't think they have the numbers to deal with all the usual crime plus breaking up any social gathering of more than a handful of people and policing the border in and out of dublin, not realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Curious to see reporting that Gardai dispersed the crowd, shut the rave down when by all accounts they did nothing of the sort. A patrol car arrived early on, promptly left and certainly did not shut this event down. There is No evidence I've seen that any Gardai spoke to any of the scumbags in attendance This from locals, councillors and other representatives.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭josip

O'Snodaigh blaming the guards.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2020/0921/1166472-dublin-rave-reactions/

In other news, the sun rose this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

josip wrote: »

maybe his mates could have gone down and sorted it out

https://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0221/60159-ira/

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Thats because it is in the middle of a

'Scrotetoberfest 2020.... brought to you by de buuueyyyzzz'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

josip wrote: »

Honestly I wonder if the guards were either not bothered to go there or were just simply unwilling to tackle it because they'd need more bodies than they had on hand to tackle them properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

The Gardaí can do nothing as our Government are uncapable of making laws.
    If today I get stopped at checkpoint with tax I will be either fined or have car taken away from me.
    However if I get stopped for not adhering to rules that endangers other people sure that's grand...

Firstly the guards would have to prove your endangering someone’s life ............ ( or have we abandoned due process as well under NPHET dictat )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭uli84

Excuse me.

But unless I am breaking any laws by leaving Dublin, why on earth should I be confined within the county?

Surely if one follows the public health advice (washing hands, wearing a mask, social distance, etc), these restrictions are redundant?

I've been compliant from the beginning, but I find that these restrictions are draconian. It just sticks in my craw that I cannot travel freely.

This does my head in as well big time. Can’t explain how I hate it.This isn’t practiced in any other countries or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The farmer on whose land the Brazilians had a party on was quite complimentary to them.

He said they moved on respectfully when asked by him and some went around with black bin bags cleaning up. Doesn't make what happened right of course.

Mannix Flynn was saying heroin and coke wrappings found at Oliver Bond amongst the mess left behind.
    I'd wonder how many of those Brazilians are on visas, may explain their cooperation levels. Obviously no incentive for the Oliver Bond scrotes to cooperate with their guaranteed lifetime free housing and social welfare payments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    It's all over the postcodes not just that shower of ass*oles at the flats.

Someone the radio said....brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

uli84 wrote: »
    This does my head in as well big time. Can’t explain how I hate it.This isn’t practiced in any other countries or is it?

Ireland is the laughing stock of thevEU. We keep increasing our so called “ measures “ and our problem keeps getting worse

Normally , at some point you stop digging the hole and realise perhaps it’s been all wrong , we on the other hand keep hiring excavators

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Someone the radio said....brilliant.

Oh, heaven forfend there would be a sniff of any naughtiness in soyth cointy morkets.
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement