Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restrictions Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

One of the residents of Oliver Bond was on the news on the radio today saying over 20 residents started calling the guards from 7pm when the gazebo was being erected. They drove in about 5 times throughout the evening before they shut the party down. They said they’d be back but they never came back, so the party continued until 6pm.

The next morning they collected 23 bags of rubbish incl broken glass and found bags of heroin and cocaine, and we’ve all seen the laughing gas canisters on the ground also in all the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

One of the residents of Oliver Bond was on the news on the radio today saying over 20 residents started calling the guards from 7pm when the gazebo was being erected. They drove in about 5 times throughout the evening before they shut the party down. They said they’d be back but they never came back, so the party continued until 6pm.

The next morning they collected 23 bags of rubbish incl broken glass and found bags of heroin and cocaine, and we’ve all the the laughing gas canisters on the ground also in all the pics.

Heard one resident on Radio say the same, except they did close it down around midnight but it started up again after they left

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Shut the off licences, that'll stop the house parties and raves.

Heard one resident on Radio say the same, except they did close it down around midnight but it started up again after they left

Yeah, my post says they shut it down.

Absolute disgrace, the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They should make it illegal. Like the drugs which are so readily available already at said raves. If its on paper guaranteed to be effective in practice.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Sure they were all on laughing gas, heroin and cocaine, according to reports! A good few yokes were doing the rounds too, i’d Imagine. No drink needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Prohibition, oh ya that'll really work, there will be tailbacks heading into Newry and Enniskillen and ill be in one of them. Seriously think about it for a minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Yeah because when the cocaine and heroin shops closed no one ever got them again. :rolleyes:

Destroying our economy even more for something that won't affect 99% of the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Someone on radio saying the market at Dun Laoire and Marley Park were packed yesterday with lots not wearing masks and not social distancing.
    It's all over the postcodes not just that shower of ass*oles at the flats.

Masks are not required at outdoor markets, are they?
    I agree that social distancing should be observed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Masks are not required at outdoor markets, are they?
    I agree that social distancing should be observed.

There’s a fair bit of snobbery and holy than thou m-ology involved in Covid mania for sure.
    The working classes generally dont care what the neighbours think usually so don’t feel the real need for the painful fake virtue signalling we see elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

road_high wrote: »
    There’s a fair bit of snobbery and holy than thou m-ology involved in Covid mania for sure.
    The working classes generally dont care what the neighbours think usually so don’t feel the real need for the painful fake virtue signalling we see elsewhere

I think you're more likely to get middle class people at Marley and dun Laoghaire markets. Genuinely I don't think you're required to wear a mask at an outdoor market in a public park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I think you're more likely to get middle class people at Marley and dun Laoghaire markets. Genuinely I don't think you're required to wear a mask at an outdoor market in a public park.

The easiest thing for the Government to do is make mask compulsory where there are numbers of people, it makes no sense not to.
    As well as that the people who do not adhere will be exposed to their peers...

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

The easiest thing for the Government to do is make mask compulsory where there are numbers of people, it makes no sense not to.
    As well as that the people who do not adhere will be exposed to their peers...

How do you define "numbers of people" in law and in the outdoors!
    It would appear that you are 10X times less likely to catch Covid 19 in an outdoor setting as opposed to indoors in a poorly ventilated area.

Mask compliance indoors in Ireland is quite good. I would hate to be made to wear masks outdoors!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

alentejo wrote: »
    How do you define "numbers of people" in law and in the outdoors!
    It would appear that you are 10X times less likely to catch Covid 19 in an outdoor setting as opposed to indoors in a poorly ventilated area.

Mask compliance indoors in Ireland is quite good. I would hate to be made to wear masks outdoors!

In Spain, prior to making mask wearing mandatory in all outdoor settings, the rule was if you can’t practice safe social distancing of 1.5m outdoors then you had to wear a mask

So basically city centres, markets etc people just wore them. (Otherwise a fine from the cops)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

uli84 wrote: »
    This does my head in as well big time. Can’t explain how I hate it.This isn’t practiced in any other countries or is it?

Most places in Europe have had varying regional restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭AUDI20

uli84 wrote: »
    This does my head in as well big time. Can’t explain how I hate it.This isn’t practiced in any other countries or is it?

You can't even go into your neighbours house in the UK!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Is the travel restriction into/out of Dublin advisory or legally enforceable in Level 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Hi guys, any predictions as to whether the lockdown will last longer than 3 weeks? I've seen tweets from Simon Harris saying that the lockdown measures normally take 2 weeks to actually affect the daily figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Dublin, exponential growth wise, is absolutely fúcked right?

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Hi guys, any predictions as to whether the lockdown will last longer than 3 weeks? I've seen tweets from Simon Harris saying that the lockdown measures normally take 2 weeks to actually affect the daily figures.

More chance of being at level 4 in 3 weeks than having restrictions lifted the way numbers are going and people’s inability to behave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭Shelga

I suspect it will be more like 6 weeks than 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Shelga wrote: »

I'm thinking the same! How bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I'm thinking the same! How bleak.

But it's grand because once that particular restriction is lifted the virus will be gone.

Or

It'll be a short hop, skip and a jump until the next lockdown.

Short breaks between lockdowns is the plan. Sure we might be let out for Christmas if we're good boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

3 weeks ago Scotland applied restrictions on the Glasgow and Clyde region. Similar enough demographics to ourselves.
    They had about 65 cases on the day they were imposed.

The restrictions are like a mix of our level 3 and 4. Stricter household restrictions, but pubs open.

The region had over 180 cases today.

Red Alert wrote: »
    Is the travel restriction into/out of Dublin advisory or legally enforceable in Level 3?

According to the Irish Times:
    these measures are advisory rather than enforceable under law.

This is a legal penalty specific to level three and above:
    Anyone organising a gathering away from a home setting that breaches the maximum numbers allowed at such gatherings is subject to enforcement and could be fined up to €2,500 or jailed for up to six months on conviction. It is not an offence to attend such a gathering, but it is an offence to host or organise one.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/policing-covid-19-what-enforcement-powers-do-garda%C3%AD-have-1.4359618

odyssey06 wrote: »
    advisory rather than enforceable under law.

Sums up the government's approach since March in one sentence

They've made a complete and utter balls of things

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Sums up the government's approach since March in one sentence
    They've made a complete and utter balls of things

Well I think during Phase 1 back in spring there were legal penalties to the 5km\own county travel restrictions.
    But not for the recent Midlands event and now Dublin Level 3.

Shelga wrote: »

Yeah, i’m wondering will they keep us locked down until after the bank holiday :(

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Well I think during Phase 1 back in spring there were legal penalties to the 5km\own county travel restrictions.

That was barely enforced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Why bother if we need a "miracle." Wreckless language from ministers.
    “It is looking very doubtful Dublin will emerge. It would take a miracle when you look where the numbers are and, more alarmingly, where they are going,” said one senior minister.

Although I'm skeptical of this doom and gloom reporting. They didn't even name who said it. Poor journalism but if true and a minister said that, It's wreckless.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40053191.html

Advertisement