Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restrictions Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Yeah, i’m wondering will they keep us locked down until after the bank holiday :(

I'd say this will be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Can anyone explain why the wearing of face masks in public has not being made compulsory.
    It seems a very simple step and it also sends a strong message...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Why bother if we need a "miracle." Wreckless language from ministers.

Although I'm skeptical of this doom and gloom reporting. They didn't even name who said it. Poor journalism but if true and a minister said that, It's wreckless.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40053191.html

So that suggests the Dail will be praying for same.
    God help us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Can anyone explain why the wearing of face masks in public has not being made compulsory.
    It seems a very simple step and it also sends a strong message...

I think it is indoors? You can't enter a shop without one, and are threatened with fines on public transport without one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The_Brood wrote: »
    I think it is indoors? You can't enter a shop without one, and are threatened with fines on public transport without one.

You can, because it’s not enforced. Stores need to step up to the plate and refuse entry. Otherwise they are complicit in the spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Why bother if we need a "miracle." Wreckless language from ministers.

Although I'm skeptical of this doom and gloom reporting. They didn't even name who said it. Poor journalism but if true and a minister said that, It's wreckless.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40053191.html

Its not poor journalism, ffs it was obviously off the record

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

Shelga wrote: »
    I suspect it will be more like 6 weeks than 3 weeks.

They will definitely drag it over Oct bank holiday

faceman wrote: »
    You can, because it’s not enforced. Stores need to step up to the plate and refuse entry. Otherwise they are complicit in the spread.

In fairness some shops have someone on the door all the time and are stopping people entering without masks. I agree it’s not happening enough though, no body should be allowed to enter a shop, cafe, restaurant, pub etc without a mask (only taking it off when seated in the latter places).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Most shops have people at the door tbf to them, i don't think that's a fair comment.

The issue is the fact that we are not enforcing these measures by law, similar to other countries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

theballz wrote: »
    Most shops have people at the door tbf to them, i don't think that's a fair comment.

The issue is the fact that we are not enforcing these measures by law, similar to other countries.

I’ve never seen it happen in shops I’ve entered and I’ve never seen people being asked to use hand sanitiser. Maybe I’m just unlucky :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

99% of people wear them what more do you want? You really think if that 1% wore them its going to make a difference?

bush wrote: »
    99% of people wear them what more do you want? You really think if that 1% wore them its going to make a difference?

Who’s producing that stat of 99%? And it’s no where near anything like that when it comes to hand sanitation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭vickers209

Anyone from dublin who had a break booked down the country have it cancelled by hotel?

Or anyone managed to get away what was reception like when arriving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

vickers209 wrote: »
    Anyone from dublin who had a break booked down the country have it cancelled by hotel?

I doubt many hotels will turn people away, its not up to them to police peoples movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

bush wrote: »
    I doubt many hotels will turn people away, its not up to them to police peoples movement.

I think people are past caring at his stage.

vickers209 wrote: »

It’s not their business where you live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

road_high wrote: »
    It’s not their business where you live.

They are cancelling people from Dublin and it is their business.

2 of my Colleagues from Dublin got their bookings cancelled.

1 going to Wexford supposed to be going tomorrow and 1 going to Connemara next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

1 going to Wexford supposed to be going tomorrow and 1 going to Connemara next week.

Even more incentive to holiday abroad:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Anyone know if I'll be stopped leaving Heuston? Need the train for work but do not have a note or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Anyone know if I'll be stopped leaving Heuston? Need the train for work but do not have a note or anything.

You don't need a note. No one will stop you

• Advertisement

SameOleJay wrote: »

Jasus stop would ya. We are not school children. Stand up to this nonsense, none of their business where or why you’re going

Well more fools these idiotic hotels then. They’re running their business into the ground. And the government won’t give two ****s when the shutters go up

road_high wrote: »
    Well more fools these idiotic hotels then. They’re running their business into the ground. And the government won’t give two ****s when the shutters go up

It is fantastic to hear that hotels are standing up and having some responsibility. When you have morons and idiots willing to ignore restrictions and ignore public health guidelines putting everyone at risk then they need to be forced to comply.

Anyone with even half a brain cell would realise that allowing people to stay from Dublin will annoy a lot of people and that’s if not covid is caused, imagine the fall out for a hotel who allows people from Dublin to stay and they caused a cluster. That’s what will put a hotel out of business.

There is serious boycotting of the station house in clifden happening from what I’ve heard. A liberty hotel that I will unfortunately refuse to stay in from now on and I’ve heard multiple people do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

I thought that my train to Galway might be busy when I got on in Ballinasloe today but there were few enough on it, so anecdotally Dubliners are abiding by the restrictions at least from what I saw. The Dublin-Galway route was overcrowded to a dangerous extent over the summer, in the awkward period when restrictions were lifted and domestic tourism was encouraged but trains hadn't returned to their pre-Covid schedule to facilitate the increased demand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Not a shop's job to enforce masks.

There are no Covid laws and there never have been. They are all regulations, regulations are not laws. Anyone who been arrested has been arrested for other offences typically public order related offences. The Gardai have no right to enforce these regulations.

GT89 wrote: »

Well it is and many are doing so.

You are incorrect in your next post too - not wearing a mask in a shop Or on public transport are legally punishable offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

GT89 wrote: »

Past time that it was made their job.

Well it is and many are doing so.

Yes some are doing so correct. But if they refused someone not wearing a mask who has an exemption then they could be classed as discriminating. I'd be interested to see how a court case would go if someone tried to sue a shop for refusing them for not wearing a mask.

Whilst private businesses have a right to refuse admission they cannot discriminate against people based on the ground of disability.
    You are incorrect in your next post too - not wearing a mask in a shop Or on public transport are legally punishable offences.

I am correct in saying it is not a law. It is a regulation not an act. The Gardai cannot arrest a person under a regulation. Anyone who has been arrested for not wearing a mask has been arrested under a different act typically the public order act.

• Advertisement

Past time that it was made their job.

Why should it be their job? Their job is to sell goods and services not enforce regulation on their customers.

Advertisement