Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restrictions Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    From Reddit Ireland, the thread's headline This is what the Gardai are having to deal with

And it sums it up really

The guards need to given the power to do more

Video here https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/j1facb/this_is_what_the_gardai_are_having_to_deal_with/

What a prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

From Reddit Ireland, the thread's headline This is what the Gardai are having to deal with

And it sums it up really

Video here https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/j1facb/this_is_what_the_gardai_are_having_to_deal_with/

LOL Andy Dyson. Grade A gob****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Haven't the UK Police been given the power to enforce household rules?

Hopefully we're not far behind

Too many Irish just can't be trusted, they're 35 years old going on 4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The Guards cant win atm to be honest especially in these situations.

There constantly been told by higher ups since the start of this and with most things in general that they must first engage with the public and talk and advise people on one or two levels before even getting to any kind of talk of actually arresting anyone or anything like that.

They have been put in a position where these laws have been thrown into action by the government that no body wants to really enforce so its left to the Guards to deal with it. Add that on top of countless other things there already doing and the fact they don't even have any power to do anything when someone decides to break these laws.

The majority of people thankfully are going by the laws revolving masks and the number of people allowed in house holds but as the video above shows this is pretty much what happens when someone decides they wanna be a ****.

Its exactly the same with the masks situation and i am ****ing sick of seeing people walk threw shops and public transport with no mask or it hanging on there chin and security are not bothered because they know what will happen.

As always though in Ireland everything is done arseways and the lads at the top don't have a clue what there at from one day to the next.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

And it sums it up really

Depressing reading the comments. It's a clique of little Hitlers.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »

I don't see that at all

The whole "Boards Vs Reddit" thing is ridiculous tbh. There's great posters and gobshítes to be found on both

ChikiChiki wrote: »

I just googled him there as I never heard of him. So his real name is Andy Heasman, but people call him Andy Dyson because he beat his ex wife with a vacuum cleaner?

New game:

See how long you can read the comments for on his Tweet before your eyes bleed

I lasted 15 seconds

https://twitter.com/AndyHeasman2/status/1310471964197302272

New game:

I lasted 15 seconds

Even looking at who he’s photographed with in his profile pic tells me all I need to know about him. He probably phoned the guards himself just so he could video it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Even looking at who he’s photographed with in his profile pic tells me all I need to know about him. He probably phoned the guards himself just so he could video it.

I'd say it's more than likely the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Bot1

Hi all
    How are the Guards enforcing travel restrictions in Dublin?
    Or are they enforcing them at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

It is all advisory, you can do what you want - they can encourage you to turn around at the next exit if your journey is not essential - they have no powers at the moment to stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Andy heasman, yep same one..classy man beating a woman with a hoover.
    He is in with GOD and John waters, anti maskers etc, what do you expect....plonker

gmisk wrote: »
    Andy heasman, yep same one..classy man beating a woman with a hoover.
    He is in with GOD and John waters, anti maskers etc, what do you expect....plonker

Many are saying he called the Guards on himself to make this video for his Twitter "followers"

Now that you say the above, that make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hotel owner isn't accepting customers from Dublin...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/den-of-ignorance-owner-of-hotel-who-refused-diners-with-dublin-eircode-amid-restrictions-shocked-at-very-unfair-review-39573070.html

Maybe the hospitality industry isn't as hard hit financially as we're led to believe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Tenzor07 wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/den-of-ignorance-owner-of-hotel-who-refused-diners-with-dublin-eircode-amid-restrictions-shocked-at-very-unfair-review-39573070.html

Maybe the hospitality industry isn't as hard hit financially as we're led to believe?

Imbecilic post.

Fair play to him it’s more like him we need and not the anti-restriction, covid denying lunatics we have in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Fair play to him it’s more like him we need and not the anti-restriction, covid denying lunatics we have in here.

I will give you €1000 if you can find a single post saying covid doesn't exist........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

New game:

I lasted 15 seconds

Andy Heasman will go down in history in the same category as Padraig Pearse, James Connolly and Michael Collins. He is a true Irish patriot who has nothing but love for our country and it's people and is fighting against foreign forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

GT89 wrote: »
    Andy Heasman will go down in history in the same category as Padraig Pearse, James Connolly and Michael Collins. He is a true Irish patriot who has nothing but love for our country and it's people and is figjting against foreign forces.

NextUnconsciousArctichare-small.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

He's dead right. Hundreds of D Reg cars in Carlingford and Omeath at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He's dead right. Hundreds of D Reg cars in Carlingford and Omeath at the weekend

Gob****es, why would you go to louth, it's crawling with covid.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

GT89 wrote: »
    Andy Heasman will go down in history in the same category as Padraig Pearse, James Connolly and Michael Collins. He is a true Irish patriot who has nothing but love for our country and it's people and is figjting against foreign forces.

What foreign forces are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Gob****es, why would you go to louth, it's crawling with covid.......

Why would you go to Louth at any time... the mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

sabat wrote: »

Absolutely, very scary controlling undertones by so many posters. At the beginning on this I say Michael McDowell being interviewed on this subject and he said, be careful about wishing you lived in a police state. He’s hardly known for being a rabble rouser yet he and many like him are concerned at the direction this is going in.

Well, his premises, his rules, he can deny service to anyone he wants of course... And it's not illegal for D reg cars to be in Louth.

The point is that as a hotel/restaurant owner can he afford to turn away all his customers from Dublin?
    Is it his job to enforce the guidelines on travel outside Dublin?
    Just because someone lives in Dublin doesn't mean they have the Virus, and for all he knows any of his customers coming from other areas may also carry the virus as it doesn't care about where you're from.

He's in the national news now and when restrictions are lifted he may well never see Dublin customers back again....

Well, his premises, his rules, he can deny service to anyone he wants of course... And it's not illegal for D reg cars to be in Louth.

The point is that as a hotel/restaurant owner can he afford to turn away all his customers from Dublin?
    Just because someone lives in Dublin doesn't mean they have the Virus, and for all he knows any of his customers coming from other areas may also carry the virus as it doesn't care about where you're from.

He's in the national news now and when restrictions are lifted he may well never see Dublin customers back again....

Can he afford to close down for a few weeks and have endless bad publicity if there is an outbreak on his premises connected to Dublin.

Of course the arrogant, ignorant Dubs will complain but the rest of the country applaud this. Why are dubs going there in the first place, why are they so pig ignorant that they think the guidelines don't apply to them? The clowns should be humiliated for being caught leaving Dublin not for being rightly refused entry to a restaurant. Lots of places in Kerry are supposed to have been doing similar and refusing people from Dublin over the weekend.

I personally know two groups of people who have changed their plans on staying in the station house in Clifden purely based on them allowing the golf dinner to happen and thus breaking the guidelines. Most people are taking this very seriously.

These are vitally important guidelines, they should be laws with large fines for breaches but that unfortunately hasn't happened.

the arrogant, ignorant Dubs
    they so pig ignorant
    Stupid clowns should be humiliated .

V angry response, definitely need to get some air between the ears, restrictions can affect mental health...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's his job to protect his business. This is a risk he doesn't want to take.
    I guess he is fearful if an outbreak were to occur, and it came out there had been lots of Dubs in the establishment, a different set of questions would be asked to those raised now.
    Most Dubliners aren't even aware of the article, some may even agree with them. I expect the vast majority should they end up in Carlingford will pay more attention to the menu when deciding where to eat than this story, should they even remember it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It's his job to protect his business. This is a risk he doesn't want to take.
    I guess he is fearful if an outbreak were to occur, and it came out there had been lots of Dubs in the establishment, a different set of questions would be asked to those raised now.
    Most Dubliners aren't even aware of the article, some may even agree with them. I expect the vast majority should they end up in Carlingford will pay more attention to the menu when deciding where to eat than this story, should they even remember it.

Point is infection can occur from humans and the virus doesn't know where you're from. If he wants to ensure no outbreaks then he should close the hotel doors.
    You're probably right, however the customers had written a review on Tripadvisor slating how they were dealt with by this business and that's something a lot of people will reference.

Advertisement