Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restrictions Megathread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You'd swear everyone in Dublin was infected the way some people react.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Point is infection can occur from humans and the virus doesn't know where you're from. If he wants to ensure no outbreaks then he should close the hotel doors.
    You're probably right, however the customers had written a review on Tripadvisor slating how they were dealt with by this business and that's something a lot of people will reference.

Personally it would be the first place I would seek out to eat in Louth to support him simply due to his excellent handling of this incident and refusal to serve people who simply should not be there. I can guarantee you I am far from alone in thinking that.
    ixoy wrote: »
    You'd swear everyone in Dublin was infected the way some people react.

Everyone should be treated as infected, this is how we have been asked to behave for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Togglename

What foreign forces are these?

Everyone should be treated as infected, this is how we have been asked to behave for months.
    So then he should equally assume everyone not from Dublin is equally infectious and apply the same treatment to them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

By your logic so, the hotel owner should close his doors as everyone is infected no matter where they are from? Therefore an outbreak can easily occur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Personally it would be the first place I would seek out to eat in Louth to support him simply due to his excellent handling of this incident and refusal to serve people who simply should not be there. I can guarantee you I am far from alone in thinking that.

Then we should close up the country and wait til it all passes over. It has been said many times before. The virus doesn't respect borders. Someone from Newry with the virus is equally as much a problem as someone from Dublin or Ardee.

Simply, people should stay the F**k at home if they have any symptoms, waiting on a test or have tested positive. The rest can go about following the social distancing, mask wearing and sanitizing rules. We can't lock down forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭Shelga

Are people respecting the restriction on not leaving or entering the county of Dublin? Do people think it makes a difference to the numbers? Genuine question. I'm having to pass on a (very small) birthday gathering in Galway this weekend, and I'm wondering are these sacrifices even making a difference. I'm sure people are coming and going as they please, or are there checkpoints at the motorways?

Shelga wrote: »
    Are people respecting the restriction on not leaving or entering the county of Dublin? Do people think it makes a difference to the numbers? Genuine question. I'm having to pass on a (very small) birthday gathering in Galway this weekend, and I'm wondering are these sacrifices even making a difference. I'm sure people are coming and going as they please, or are there checkpoints at the motorways?

They're guidelines only, you can travel outside Dublin according to these guidelines for Work and funerals etc.. I'm sure someone can dig up a link to the details..

The Gardai won't be conducting motorway stops as they cause too much disruption...

So then he should equally assume everyone not from Dublin is equally infectious and apply the same treatment to them then.
    Tenzor07 wrote: »
    By your logic so, the hotel owner should close his doors as everyone is infected no matter where they are from? Therefore an outbreak can easily occur.

Dublin is riddled with covid so a much higher chance. Also anyone from Dublin is breaking guidelines and simply they are pure dirt to be leaving their county so why would anyone want to deal with such mongrels.

Dublin is riddled with covid
    they are pure dirt
    such mongrels.

Yea ok, I think we see exactly where your coming from, good luck to ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Dublin is riddled with covid so a much higher chance. Also anyone from Dublin is breaking guidelines and simply they are pure dirt to be leaving their county so why would anyone want to deal with such mongrels.

WTF!

Dublin is riddled with covid so a much higher chance.
    Define "riddled" in the context of a county with a million people and a few thousand active cases.
    Also anyone from Dublin is breaking guidelines and simply they are pure dirt to be leaving their county so why would anyone want to deal with such mongrels.
    Actually, no - some people are allowed leave the county and are not breaking guidelines.

I assume anyone travelling from Donegal is equally evil.

Define "riddled" in the context of a county with a million people and a few thousand active cases.
    Actually, no - some people are allowed leave the county and are not breaking guidelines.
    I assume anyone travelling from Donegal is equally evil.

I wouldn't engage with someone who's so biased and Ob Nox ious in their views, they don't give a F--ig roll about public health, it's all about using Covid as an excuse to bash those they hate...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I think what we have here is some people using the pandemic to spread hate and fear against people they never liked. To "put the boot in" or to "get one up" on their disliked neighbour while they're down. The finger pointing & curtain twitching anyone with a bit of sense didn't want happening.

This sort of craven reaction is common in times of trouble or conflict. Some people turn to kindness, volunteerism or helpfulness in a pandemic, others turn on each others like rats. Rats with keyboards!

That's the difference between schoolboy bullies and leaders of this society.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

mikekerry wrote: »
    WTF!

Napoleon syndrome, you get used to it in his rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Togglename wrote: »
    What foreign forces are these?

I asked this too.
    The poster ignored me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Look at the absolute state of Dublin North West at 200 cases a day in that region of Dublin alone

Most areas in Dublin North West are rough as fcuk aren't they?

House parties galore :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1311351351507595264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1311351351507595264%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058115806page%3D311

It's not house parties galore.

In some not so well off areas adult kids live in their parents house long in to their twenties and thirties, in some cases starting their own families in the same small house.

These same people are essential workers often working in retail dealing with hundreds of people every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Shelga wrote: »

I had to drive to Kilkenny from Dublin, for work, on the first morning of Level 3. I was expecting checks leading up to the M50, and on the N7 - but there wasn't a single one on the way there, or back.

I was old N4 yesterday and there a huge checkpoint between Kinnegad and Enfield.
    There were several Garda cars and it was just being set-up.
    The focus seemed to be on vehicles travelling towards Dublin.
    Going this direction the road was coned to 3 separate lanes for obvious separate areas.
    There seemed to be just one lane going west.
    I wonder are there similal on the M4 as i expect more traffic here..

That's interesting maestroamado, thanks for posting. Whilst the focus of facebook & forum mouth breather comments has been "keep the people that live in Dublin in Dublin" it's hard to quantify the damage from people travelling in to the metro area/shopping centres/retail units (most of which are in hardest hit West Dublin) and then back home to their families.

Also, interestingly most of my acquaintances in Dublin that have parents living outside of Dublin continued to visit throughout even the most strict restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

This guy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

John_Rambo wrote: »
    That's interesting maestroamado, thanks for posting. Whilst the focus of facebook & forum mouth breather comments has been "keep the people that live in Dublin in Dublin" it's hard to quantify the damage from people travelling in to the metro area/shopping centres/retail units (most of which are in hardest hit West Dublin) and then back home to their families.

Also, interestingly most of my acquaintances in Dublin that have parents living outside of Dublin continued to visit throughout even the most strict restrictions.

I have a number of friends who work in a very large Dublin retailer. They say that there doesn't seem to be any reduction in the amount of people from the country that they are dealing with since the restrictions in Dublin came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Should Dublin cases be lower given how lockdown restrictions have been in place there

Advertisement