Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Who is this monster and is how many times has Clara nominated them?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 22nd place with 1 point

Mustang shelly
    Geri Halliwell - Mi Chico Latino

Nope, this song isn’t doing it for me unfortunately. Absolutely suited to the theme of the round but I just get nothing from the song. Soz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Necro wrote: »
    In 21st place with 2 points
    Clarabel

Monsters - Ruelle

Kicks off with rather dark and ominous beats… doesn’t really get much lighter. Again a decent track but the Monster project definitely failed the fun time test.
    This was my monster find. I didn't know this song before I went off looking for monsters

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And finally… in 1st place with 22 points
    fixXxer
    Japangelish Song! - Tokyo Bon

HOLY ROFLCOPTER OF WHATNESS :eek: Hahahaha this is all sorts of epic. Let’s all learn Japanglish together!! Makudonarudo, Guguru Toiletto….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Well **** me

• Advertisement

I think I may have stunned the thread into silence :eek:

Anywho...

Round Rankings

Pre-Covid Song Name Score
    1st Japangelish Song! - Tokyo Bon 22
    2nd Nickelback - This Afternoon 21
    3rd JC Stewart - I need you to hate me  20
    4th Guns'n'Roses-Sweet Child Of Mine 19
    5th Taio Cruz - Dynamite 18
    6th ZZ Top: Sharp Dressed Man 17
    7th 22 - Taylor Swift 16
    8th Michael Gray : The Weekend 15
    9th The Shires - Guilty 14
    10th Dance of the Clairvoyants - Pearl Jam 13
    11th Hicktown - Jason Aldean 12
    12th Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python 11
    13th The Eagles - Witchy Woman 10
    14th Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness 9
    15th Idles - Never Fight A Man With A Perm 8
    16th Mark Lanegan Down In The Dark 7
    17th Mac DeMarco - Freaking Out The Neighbourhood 6
    18th Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime 5
    19th Love and Happiness - Al Green 4
    20th The Breeders - Saints 3
    21st Monsters - Ruelle 2
    22nd Geri Halliwell - Mi Chico Latino 1

And our overall table

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9 Round 10 Total
    Irish Aris 15 22 5 5 4 10 8 19 88
    s1ippy 18 8 17 9 6 4 6 9 77
    ShaneU 20 12 8 14 14 17 18 6 109
    Deja Boo 22 3 6 12 21 14 21 12 111
    the purple tin 11 5 19 15 18 1 12 17 98
    RasTa 8 1 17 1 7 3 4 8 49
    LeVar 21 18 7 21 17 16 13 14 127
    Sawduck 17 4 4 11 3 12 7 5 63
    Gru 9 13 20 6 13 20 5 18 104
    Mustang Shelly 14 20 21 18 22 9 9 1 114
    Clarabel 4 15 3 10 1 22 14 2 71
    osh 2 19 9 2 5 5 3 3 48
    Green&Red 10 6 12 16 19 21 17 20 121
    JP Liz 16 7 10 8 2 11 22 11 87
    Trigger 1 21 13 19 16 18 11 13 112
    JohnGreenFan 12 14 13 22 12 2 10 16 101
    Kolido 6 9 14 20 11 19 1 21 101
    Rikand 19 16 22 3 8 13 20 15 116
    Arghus 7 2 18 4 10 6 2 4 53
    Reberetta 5 17 15 13 20 7 16 7 100
    tusk 13 10 11 7 9 8 19 10 87
    fixXxer 3 11 16 17 15 15 15 22 114

After those shenanigans it's LeVar who regains the lead! But Green&Red is on his tail, just 6 points behind with Rikand, fixXxer and a host of others all in the mid 110 range score wise.

2 Rounds to go, and it's wide open!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Maybe you should just close tournament now and pretend the last two rounds don't exist.

I'm not confident about Hip Hop, and sure Power Ballads is just a pot luck really (there are no bad Power Ballads, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Maybe you should just close tournament now and pretend the last two rounds don't exist.

I'm not confident about Hip Hop, and sure Power Ballads is just a pot luck really (there are no bad Power Ballads, right?)

I'm just praying I didnae submit a Country Rap song ...aka c-rap :rolleyes:

Finale tomorrow folks.

I'll do the final two rounds back to back and we will finish this shizzle out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Finale tomorrow folks.

I'll do the final two rounds back to back and we will finish this shizzle out!!!
    WORD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Thanks for doing this Necro! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

oh no you don't i need my 7th place traditional finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Finale tomorrow folks.

Pretty sure I have this in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fixXxer

HOLY ROFLCOPTER OF WHATNESS :eek: Hahahaha this is all sorts of epic. Let’s all learn Japanglish together!! Makudonarudo, Guguru Toiletto….

fd08d8546b82f2bba1e6aceee4c2fa1c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    fd08d8546b82f2bba1e6aceee4c2fa1c.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Ichiban!!!! Lipstick for men!!!

I forgot the Pre-Covid Playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/502PlPcqFJFauQekDKLOfF

No Japaneglish on it unfortunately, could not be found on Spotify :D

I forgot the Pre-Covid Playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/502PlPcqFJFauQekDKLOfF

No Japaneglish on it unfortunately, could not be found on Spotify :D

Spotify isn't ready for a song of that calibre

fixXxer

It caught me off guard when I tried to listen to it earlier, and didn't know how to feel about it.

Upon a second listen (this time more prepared for madness), my opinion is... its class!

Spotify isn't ready for a song of that calibre

Actually

I just FOUND IT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Only catching up with the last 3 and a half rounds now. JT is one of the best artists of the last 20 years. As a fellow performer, I knew you'd love it.

That nickelback song was class! I do love a bit of nickleback and if I had known blur was going to be in your preferred list for indie......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just dropping in for the championship rounds, someone has to stop LaVar from ruining Walrus, he’s like the dubs

And I f**king hate the dubs

Green&Red wrote: »
    Just dropping in for the championship rounds, someone has to stop LaVar from ruining Walrus, he’s like the dubs

And I f**king hate the dubs

***Checks Notes***
    Says here, I won one of your Walruses...
    Is this a Frankenstein type situation where you and Reberetta have set out to destroy the Champion of your own creation? ;)

I assume your "Dubs" reference is to GAA or some equally dull endeavour. I don't care for sports or for arbitrary vendettas based on county lines, except for everyone in Cavan, where I'll gladly tar the whole county with the same brush, because they can all get f**ked... (I actually had no point in this paragraph, hate whoever you want, doesn't bother me, I merely saw a chance to get a dig in at Cavan and had to take it :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

***Checks Notes***
    Says here, I won one of your Walruses...
    Is this a Frankenstein type situation where you and Reberetta have set out to destroy the Champion of your own creation? ;)

I assume your "Dubs" reference is to GAA or some equally dull endeavour. I don't care for sports or for arbitrary vendettas based on county lines, except for everyone in Cavan, where I'll gladly tar the whole county with the same brush, because they can all get f**ked... (I actually had no point in this paragraph, hate whoever you want, doesn't bother me, I merely saw a chance to get a dig in at Cavan and had to take it :pac: )

Poor Mick.. he won't take this well at all..

I say fair play LeVar. You definitely have a very broad selection of musical taste so you can have knowledge to back that up in Walruses. People should see that as a challenge.

"The finish above LeVar game"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Trigger wrote: »
    Poor Mick.. he won't take this well at all..

I say fair play LeVar. You definitely have a very broad Lowest common denominator selection of musical taste so you can have knowledge to back that up in Walruses. People should see that as a challenge.

FYP :pac:

Trigger wrote: »
    I say fair play LeVar. You definitely have a very broad selection of musical taste so you can have knowledge to back that up in Walruses. People should see that as a challenge.

Exactly this, rise to the challenge and make decent song choices. I've definitely made some terrible calls in past Walruses and will again in the future (probably in the hip hop round this evening), but I've always tried to have fun and take part, having several wins was an unexpected bonus.

There's no advantages in Walrus (except maybe paying attention to other people's general tastes in other games, but anyone can do that), and ultimately it comes down to picking the best song for the category and host.

I do listen to a lot of music, and don't turn my nose up at any particular genres or artists, which has obviously helped with being adaptable, and led to my doing well in these things, but the idea that I have some sort of monopoly (outside of friendly banter obviously) is a bit silly. ;)

Exactly this, rise to the challenge and make decent song choices. I've definitely made some terrible calls in past Walruses and will again in the future (probably in the hip hop round this evening), but I've always tried to have fun and take part, having several wins was an unexpected bonus.

There's no advantages in Walrus (except maybe paying attention to other people's general tastes in other games, but anyone can do that), and ultimately it comes down to picking the best song for the category and host.

I do listen to a lot of music, and don't turn my nose up at any particular genres or artists, which has obviously helped with being adaptable, and led to my doing well in these things, but the idea that I have some sort of monopoly (outside of friendly banter obviously) is a bit silly. ;)

Except for Creedance Clearwater Revival obviously, they're the Cavan of the music industry, they can get f**ked and all.

fixXxer wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Except for Creedance Clearwater Revival obviously, they're the Cavan of the music industry, they can get f**ked and all.

Did you hear that through the grape vine?

Kolido wrote: »
    Did you hear that through the grape vine?

Reminding me that they butchered a classic by covering that only fuels my hatred...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Rap round next. Perhaps my least favourite kind of music. Better prepare myself for it...

tumblr_m9yupfu2Wk1ro2d43.gif

Advertisement