Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Necro wrote: »
    In 2nd place with 21 points
    LeVar

The Hooters - All You Zombies

This is my find of the tournament so far. What a track. I really really wanted to give this top spot, but there was one song that beat it out.

And I don’t think the entrant will have many complaints after it’s revealed. But thanks for this entry. Love it.

I should have picked zombies over giants

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Monsters Clara.

You can't even remember your own gimmick :D

Monsters Clara.

You can't even remember your own gimmick :D

Monsters..... actually I did try giants first but Monsters were better than Giants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This is the worst walrus yet, might as well just pick all the popular songs that everyone's heard a zillion times.

RasTa wrote: »
    This is the worst walrus yet, might as well just pick all the popular songs that everyone's heard a zillion times.

Oh you mean the good songs :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh you mean the good songs :D

Beefheart is always number one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,601 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It was great to see Beefheart. Top marks.

Enjoying reading through this.
    In 20th with 3 points
    Rikand

Captain Beefheart : Ice Cream for Crow

Erm… ok. The video is ok I suppose? Actually tbf the video is very enjoyable. The song however… is not.

:D This would probably have won this category if I were the judge! Love Beefheart, though you do have to be in the right mood.

Enjoying reading through this.

:D This would probably have won this category if I were the judge! Love Beefheart, though you do have to be in the right mood.

What is beefheart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Clarabel wrote: »
    What is beefheart?

An Asian delicacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In 2nd place with 21 points
    LeVar

The Hooters - All You Zombies

This is my find of the tournament so far. What a track. I really really wanted to give this top spot, but there was one song that beat it out.

And I don’t think the entrant will have many complaints after it’s revealed. But thanks for this entry. Love it.

Just catching up now. Glad you enjoyed it - one of my favourite '80s tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Irish Aris wrote: »
    You should have submitted this in my Walrus Liz, guaranteed top-5 and possible top-3. Great song!!
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Yes, great song.

No idea what I entered for this, I can tell you it definitely wasn't Scooter.

Hopefully it wasn't Bob Dylan or this will not end well.

We are young no one can tell us we are wrong ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Reberetta wrote: »
    I thought I couldn't take a band called The Hooters seriously, but now that I've listened to that song, I know I can't take them seriously.
    Reberetta wrote: »
    Call me biased but I really feel I should be winning this competition with JohnGreenFan and LeVar preferably near the bottom.

I have no idea how I ever managed to win your Walrus, considering how much you genuinely seem to hate me... :pac:

Or is it that you secretly love me? ;)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I would have given Althea & Donna some more points. A groovy little ditty that gets the toes tappin :)

I was going to run off Round 5 this evening but there is an MSPaint reveal going on so we can aim for tomorrow if that suits folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

yeah, sounds good Necro!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was going to run off Round 5 this evening but there is an MSPaint reveal going on so we can aim for tomorrow if that suits folks?

Whatever suits you Sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

now now now now

kWe_CQ6v0g1fZuotdKwPzyqfcWKQe7FYLwgmcej0WZfnkc9fn5YWXcuxzAkaAZRNHlIRoo5m4M89U8dXDg28jTlh7ZcbUcX_R-5Tntrz2sTCSWxTc3poYno9L8E3UY8FNfUdouIx2cbn-nTfl6kmm70k9TOiOBWPbfQ

Tomorrow it is, to be fair to AJ and his MSPaint

Will kick off this evening after beaker finishes his reveal. So likely around 8 to 8.30pm folks!!

• Advertisement

Alrighty then

e30a63fb107308e24213471e20834c00c9c81e46.gif

Witty titles always grab my attention. Previous songs that would have fitted here would have been Thunderstruck, it always struck me as a song title with power and you instantly know what you’re gonna get.

Some other ditties I think have quite clever song titles:

Same format as the last ones, coming right up!! No duplicates this time out so a straight run through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Looking forward, hope you dont mind my theme tunes running in parallel, I'm kinda hogging the forum

Not a problem Kol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I have no recollection what I submitted and I refuse to check. So I'm here for the ride

In 19th place, scoring 4 points…

Irish Aris

XTC-The Mayor of Simpleton

Great song title. The song just didn’t grab me however. Nothing wrong with it but just not for me. Again a very long distance between this and the bottom 3 mind... which we will get to later ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just remembered what I entered, and judging on the last few rounds, I am absolutely bottom three :D

In 18th place with 5 points
    Osh

Smog - Dress sexy at my funeral

I just don’t like this guy’s voice. It’s very I dunno… boring? With a song title like this you might expect a bit more life to the song but it’s all very sombre and yeah, here is where it ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

Trigger wrote: »
    I have no recollection what I submitted and I refuse to check. So I'm here for the ride

me either....so i checked....just realised i tried to be funny with this one, :eek: just waiting on it to backfire!!! :o :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

that was quick Necro!!!

Advertisement