Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Transfers - EvertIN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If KdB doesn't rise tonight there be some scenes - so many premium players shooting up - it's nearly take hits or be left behind.
    Fully expect PEA to find his shooting boots next weekend as well, but it's just frustrating having him.

I'm still waiting for James to rise after bringing him in on Saturday.

Rises are being weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for James to rise after bringing him in on Saturday.

Rises are being weird

James did rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If KdB doesn't rise tonight there be some scenes - so many premium players shooting up - it's nearly take hits or be left behind.
    Fully expect PEA to find his shooting boots next weekend as well, but it's just frustrating having him.

Watch out for them wildcards. Everyone may not be rising as quick as it looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    Watch out for them wildcards. Everyone may not be rising as quick as it looks.

Yea I know, but for most players rising the price rise although annoying can be gotten around, but when it's a premium price player, 0.1m can be huge impact if you have nothing in the bank. You may have to then sell another premium player, when had you acted 24 hours earlier you wouldn't have to.

I also thought that transfers shouldn't be allowed to take place until a GW is over - so that price rises are fair, instead of having some player rising and falling before others have even played.

Personally I had a wait and see approach, but with two player falling and two rising - playing it safe and not taking a hit could be difference of 0.5+ by Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    James did rise.

He must mean Hamez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Auba and Soucek out for KDB and Podence. Had to move on it tonight to afford it.

Soucek will be great value long term though, getting into all the right positions. Likely to bring him back in on a WC in a few weeks, hopefully at 4.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'd say Dunne depends on the situation with Tark who missed last night's game through injury. If Tark is sold, it could open things up for Dunne.

Tark is gone by the sounds of things but I think Mee is the bigger threat isn't he? Mee and Long will be the first choice pairing (unless they buy of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

COH wrote: »
    F*ck it... going with my gut - wildcard activated.

Also had a few cans :pac:

Oops 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Tark is gone by the sounds of things but I think Mee is the bigger threat isn't he? Mee and Long will be the first choice pairing (unless they buy of course)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dunne overtake Long tbh, would be great from an FPL POV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He must mean Hamez.

ya, I meant the Everton James. Didn't rise again last night which is bloody annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Can't believe the amount of people transferring Auba out!

He has a great record against the bigger teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ShimSlady wrote: »

Yeh I'm in a nightmare scenario right now. I really really want to hold.

But the question is for 1 week does KDB outscore Aubam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Looks like Fernandinho is not required at centre back for City anymore. He's down as a defender even though he's going to be further up the park, so am considering swapping Tierney for him. Or is he likely be suffer the Squadiola effect too much this year?

Next 5 are Liverpol, Sheffield United, Man City, Leicester, Man United
    Last season in those 10 games he got 2 goals and 0 assists. (0.2 goals per game)
    In the other 28 games he got 20 goals (0.7 goals per game)

Don't think people are questioning what he's capable of doing or not doing, but if for instance you want to get KdB, well he's already 0.1m dearer today than yesterday and could be 0.2m or 0.3m dearer come Saturday.

Likewise if you didn't have Salah - you could have done a straight swap on Sunday night, whereas now you can't.

Salah/KdB have both looked sharp - where Auba hasn't really done a lot - Laca for 3.5m cheaper looks like a decent shout, and doesn't take up a midfield position.

Next 5 games are against "bigger" opposition on paper. In how many of them would you captain him, compared to captaining Salah/KdB?

Throw in Son/Kane scoring big - and you can see where people are selling PEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Last season in those 10 games he got 2 goals and 0 assists. (0.2 goals per game)

Thanks for this.

I'm sticking with Auba and 4.5 to Son and Zaha. I'm leaving KDB for a few weeks and taking the pain. Rough start but do like my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Auba out Sterling in for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Auba out is no mystery. He's 12.0, there's points being banged in all over the place, City are back on the radar, his upcoming fixtures are tough and his points so far have been mediocre considering the fixtures.

I imagine a lot of people planned to ditch Auba in GW3 almost regardless of his tallies in the first two matches - the fact he hasn't exploded in either game makes it very easy to stick to that plan.

Added to this he did not pass the eye test against West Ham. Didn't have a shot on goal until the 91st minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Morzadec wrote: »
    Auba out is no mystery. He's 12.0, there's points being banged in all over the place, City are back on the radar, his upcoming fixtures are tough and his points so far have been mediocre considering the fixtures.

I imagine a lot of people planned to ditch Auba in GW3 almost regardless of his tallies in the first two matches - the fact he hasn't exploded in either game makes it very easy to stick to that plan.

Added to this he did not pass the eye test against West Ham. Didn't have a shot on goal until the 91st minute.

It's simple for me really - I think KDB will outscore Auba over the next few GWs. Auba will come back into my team again I'm sure....if I ditch Kane or Son in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Have already brought in DCL and JRod for Werner & ASM. -4 hit. Tempted to do a wildcard as I watch twitter etc talking about falling and rising prices. But from the start I've been determined to hold the wildcard until the transfer window closes. I'm sticking to that but it's going to be a LONG week the way things are going.

• Advertisement

I'm leaning towards Klich over Podence. Guaranteed minutes, on pens, and arguably in a more attacking team. I've not seen much of him though. Is he likely to return other than pens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards Klich over Podence. Guaranteed minutes, on pens, and arguably in a more attacking team. I've not seen much of him though. Is he likely to return other than pens?

Hard to know if Leeds will continue as they've started, quite possibly.

I went for Podence though, great run of fixtures coming up and from a team I'm more certain about.

I've both, looking to ride the hot hand, then downgrade to Soucek when his fixtures turn nicer

As other's said it's hard to know - but given the stance they have taken over the last 2 GW's as to what is a penalty and what not - i'm looking at Doherty/Lindelof's/Koch "handballs" - if they are awarding penalties now - they have to continue with the same logic for the rest of the season not matter how stupid it is, that can only be good news for a 5.5m penalty taker in a attack minded team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Looking at a straight swap Chris Wood in, Calum Wilson out, Burnleys fixtures look good for the next few weeks. Thoughts?

As other's said it's hard to know - but given the stance they have taken over the last 2 GW's as to what is a penalty and what not - i'm looking at Doherty/Lindelof's/Koch "handballs" - if they are awarding penalties now - they have to continue with the same logic for the rest of the season not matter how stupid it is, that can only be good news for a 5.5m penalty taker in a attack minded team.

Thanks for feedback and to the others too. The penalty decisions is what has me thinking too. Also, I can have Wolves cover in the form of Jimi. I can replace Ings next week or week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Looks like Fernandinho is not required at centre back for City anymore. He's down as a defender even though he's going to be further up the park, so am considering swapping Tierney for him. Or is he likely be suffer the Squadiola effect too much this year?

I did not realise Fernandinho was a defender this year!

I mean he's a yellow card magnet with exceedingly limited attacking threat but despite his age could be a more nailed option if their defence becomes a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Justifiable reason to sell but i'll be sticking. Arsenal this season are a completely different team. Particularly when they come up against the bigger teams.

Liverpool could easily ship 2 or 3 goals to Arsenal.

Justifiable reason to sell but i'll be sticking. Arsenal this season are a completely different team. Particularly when they come up against the bigger teams.

Liverpool could easily ship 2 or 3 goals to Arsenal.

What exactly is this based on - they have played 2 games this season - against west ham and Fulham -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Looking at a straight swap Chris Wood in, Calum Wilson out, Burnleys fixtures look good for the next few weeks. Thoughts?

I'd get any Newcastle players out, Bruce is clueless.

Advertisement