Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage overpayment credit

• 19-09-2020 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi. We have been overpaying our PTSB tracker mortgage for the past 2 years. 30k is being held in a prepaid part of the mortgage account. If we want to put if off the mortgage we have to request (sign a form) to have it deducted.

Something has come up and we need 15k and I was wondering is that money accessible for us to take out, does anyone know? I don't trust asking PTSB as they want the tracker paid off asap. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Unfortunately, it's not accessible. You might be able to ask them for an exception.
    Essentially it's viewed as being paid off the mortgage and the interest they charge takes overpayments into account for this. This is what they told me anyway.

Advertisement