Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eagle 1 prima announced

Options
  • 19-09-2020 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

https://youtu.be/7RXmIGgoYTE

Just announced, would be afraid what price it would be but nice to dream. Looks to give huge control over pressure, temp, volume and can link these back to roast profile to give the best extraction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

Now those look amazing. The only thing that makes me nervous with 'digital' ones is whether they will have the same life span as more traditional machines. More traditional ones, like a classic car you can service for ever really. But I'd worry we'll run into issues like Apple stopping supporting their version of bluetooth or something silly..... So it could be a big investment risk to take.

Don't get me wrong, I love my tech gadgets and its a big plus, but it is something I'm nervous about.

I'll absolutely invest at some point. I've been waiting till I buy my 'forever' home and then I want a statement machine that I'll put in a prominent place in my kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

I love the concept of the user having full control so will definitely watch to see what the Prima looks like in operation. Decent Espresso machines for example offer full (and repeatable) control and in the context of future obsolescence it's interesting that some of Decent's software is open source so users are already writing their own code and sharing with other users. But then Decent is a small company whereas Victoria Arduino is much more likely to have greater company resources to support software updates.

Hopefully future trickle down to home users of all this new tech

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

3fe are stocking this. €5,500... It's a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. I was expecting 8k+. One day...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Should be interesting to see how it stacks up against the GS3 and the Slayer.

I mean I'll probably never buy one but it's always nice to dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

That pricing puts it right between the Linea Mini and the GS3. Still a good bit less than a Slayer or Speedster though

• Advertisement
Advertisement