Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

write a short e book.

Options
  • 19-09-2020 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Enquiring for a friend who is planning to write a short e book. What would be best way to do this.? It is mostly text but will have one or two illustrations . I saw something called canva. Has anyone used this? Or would you just do it in a word processor and export as a pdf?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Enquiring for a friend who is planning to write a short e book. What would be best way to do this.? It is mostly text but will have one or two illustrations . I saw something called canva. Has anyone used this? Or would you just do it in a word processor and export as a pdf?

Depends on what the final format will be but basically just do it in word first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

mordeith wrote: »
    Depends on what the final format will be but basically just do it in word first.
    how do you mean final format?

how do you mean final format?

What's the ultimate goal, to have it on Amazon. If so you'd need the kindle format. Epub is an alternative and of course pdf is the most basic although not technically an ebook

mordeith wrote: »
    What's the ultimate goal, to have it on Amazon. If so you'd need the kindle format. Epub is an alternative and of course pdf is the most basic although not technically an ebook
    he wants to sell online from his site not amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Plode

Speaking as a regular reader on phone, tablet and computer, I tend to download Epub these days, as it's a smoother read than PDF.

• Advertisement

Plode wrote: »
    Speaking as a regular reader on phone, tablet and computer, I tend to download Epub these days, as it's a smoother read than PDF.
    are epub easy to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Canva is more for design but has a lot of nice features, photos and templates. Uses the freemium model - limited for free stuff. Start in Word, as suggested, to get an idea what content you need in it and don't forget it has quite a few templates of its own.

are epub easy to make?

If it's a basic layout there are free online converters

Advertisement