Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my thread closed?

Options
  • 19-09-2020 8:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058114827/1/#post114669438

Are we not allowed to have discussions on current events without being accused of "bashing" the subject of the thread which in this case is teachers?

North Korean style censorship will only lose traffic to the website.

And what do you mean by "another" teacher bashing thread? I don't believe I've ever started one before.

I hope the mod in question is man enough to respond to me instead of hiding behind a keyboard.

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058114827/1/#post114669438

Are we not allowed to have discussions on current events without being accused of "bashing" the subject of the thread which in this case is teachers?

North Korean style censorship will only lose traffic to the boards.ie boards.pk.

And what do you mean by "another" teacher bashing thread? I don't believe I've ever started one before.

I hope the mod in question is man enough to respond to me instead of hiding behind a keyboard.

Cheers.

Before anyone asks whether I've engaged with the mod in question, no I have not.

I didn't bother. My experience in my two previous closed accounts (which admins are aware of btw) is that moderators almost always ignore private message appeals, days go by without a reply, you send a follow up and they still ignore, so I cut the time wasting crap and straight to it here.

The excuse that they're "too busy" to reply is nonsense btw. They're quick enough to pounce and ban someone but conveniently "don't see" the pm when you send one almost immediately after the ban, whilst they're busy banning and infracing people left right and centre.

If people can't have a chat without other people having a meltdown or having to retreat to a safespace then what good is this website.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Before anyone asks whether I've engaged with the mod in question, no I have not.

I didn't bother.
    Fair enogh

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement