Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic car insurance for someone under 25.

Options
  • 20-09-2020 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I've been looking at buying a classic car, preferably a small Daihatsu or Suzuki, as a project and I have a policy on a 2000 Toyota Yaris which is my main car. I haven't been able to find an insurance company willing to insure me. Are there any companies in Ireland willing to offer a classic policy to someone under 25?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭zg3409

Are you insured to drive other people vehicles? Get someone else to own it, insure it as classic and then borrow it when you need. Ensure it is road legal and read all your insurance catches such as engine size, age, relationship to owner, where parked overnight, etc.

You could also get a non classic full policy for it, but only insure for summer months then cancel insurance each year. You could also only get tax for 3 months and declare off road for winter.

If it is a real project get it completed before you insure it. When you say classic you need to define age of car, as official classic tax is quite old.

Either way there are options until you hit 25. Also try some of the bigger brokers or classic car clubs.

Advertisement