Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Mortgage

• 20-09-2020 9:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

Does anyone know if you can overpay your mortgage on a fixed rate with permanent tsb?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

You can overpay and it sits on the account as a credit balance until the fixed term is over. You can then use the credit and pay it against the mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bodyguard1

Sorry for hijacking your thread I was just looking for advice regarding a Mortgage I have with Permanent TSB currently I am on a 3 Year Fixed Rate of 3:30 % which is due to expire on October 5th I have a mortgage balance of around €62,000 with 12 Years remaining, my current monthly repayment including life insurance is €595.00. The current value of the property is €250,000 - €275,000

They have sent me out a list of rates as follows;

Option Rate Monthly Repayment
    Variable Rate 3.70 % € 557.52
    2 Year Fixed 3.10 % € 539.31
    3 Year Fixed 2.95 % € 534.81
    5 Year Fixed 3.00 % € 536.31

The question is giving the current economic climate is it wise to go for a 3 Year Fixed Rate or will variable rates reduce.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

bodyguard1 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking your thread I was just looking for advice regarding a Mortgage I have with Permanent TSB currently I am on a 3 Year Fixed Rate of 3:30 % which is due to expire on October 5th I have a mortgage balance of around €62,000 with 12 Years remaining, my current monthly repayment including life insurance is €595.00. The current value of the property is €250,000 - €275,000

They have sent me out a list of rates as follows;

Option Rate Monthly Repayment
    Variable Rate 3.70 % € 557.52
    2 Year Fixed 3.10 % € 539.31
    3 Year Fixed 2.95 % € 534.81
    5 Year Fixed 3.00 % € 536.31

The question is giving the current economic climate is it wise to go for a 3 Year Fixed Rate or will variable rates reduce.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

A portion of my mortgage is fixed and we were sent the same list of options. We decided on 5 years fixed at 3%.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A portion of my mortgage is fixed and we were sent the same list of options. We decided on 5 years fixed at 3%.

Depending on your LVR, Advent could do a fixed rate for 1.95%. Keep your repayments the same as they are today and you'll shave years off your mortgage term in interest savings

Depending on your LVR, Advent could do a fixed rate for 1.95%. Keep your repayments the same as they are today and you'll shave years off your mortgage term in interest savings

I can't as the majority of my mortgage is tracker. I'll be staying put unless interest rates drop below the tracker rate.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

bonkers says 2.75%
    about 490 can you pay it off sooner
    in 2 years

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-mortgages/your-results/

Advertisement