Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - no receipt

Options
  • 20-09-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Google Pixel 3a phone off Vodafone a few days ago. It was only available online, so I ordered it through their website (after logging into my Vodafone online account). I was never emailed a receipt for this, nor did I receive a receipt when they posted it to me, just a dispatch note. I have been with Vodafone for years on Pay As You Go, and I asked them on Twitter could they give me the phone at the cheaper price (€129 for customers switching from another network vs €229 for Vodafone customers). They said no, but said in light of my loyal custom, they would give me €100 free credit instead. I received the phone and sent them a copy of the dispatch note, but they said they needed a receipt. This is when I realised that they still hadn't given me a receipt, by post or email. I've spent the last two days trying to get a receipt, but they are clueless. I'm waiting for a call back from a manager in the next 2 days, but I'm not hopeful. I don't even care about the free credit tbh, I just want a receipt in case something goes wrong with the phone and I want to return it. It's a shame really; it's the first new phone I've bought in 5 years, and I really like it :pac: Any advice on how best to handle this? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You don't need a receipt for a faulty item just proof of purchase and your credit/debit card statement will cover that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Del2005 wrote: »
    You don't need a receipt for a faulty item just proof of purchase and your credit/debit card statement will cover that.
    Did you read it?
    It is not faulty. But to get 100 euro goodwill credit, they want to see a receipt - which they did not give him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Did you read it?
    It is not faulty. But to get 100 euro goodwill credit, they want to see a receipt - which they did not give him.

I did read it did you?
    I don't even care about the free credit tbh, I just want a receipt in case something goes wrong with the phone and I want to return it. It's a shame really; it's the first new phone I've bought in 5 years, and I really like it :pac: Any advice on how best to handle this? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Bank or credit card statement should suffice. It’s indisputable. What else would you have spent e.g €99, €179, €269 on Vodafone.ie?

P.s they can tell buy the IMEI when it was bought on Vodafone.ie. This info appears on your dashboard upon order processing. For example, I once ordered an iPhone XS before, whilst it was shipping, they updated my device to iPhone XS imei 35Xxxxxxxxx on the dashboard

Advertisement